PDA

View Full Version : Official 'Bee Canyon' Clean-up site!!.// Canyons OPEN Nov 12 , 2015

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Eat Dirt
01-20-2013, 7:59 AM
I'm in. Need me to bring anything? Cooler with some waters, folding table?

I'll have extra Trash cans and tools
Bring extra Water is always a good idea

Eat Dirt
01-20-2013, 8:14 AM
UPDATE

Because Of some unknow Good People

We might have to switch the Clean-Up to canyons # 1 and #2

I was out yesterday ( Like Always ) and looks like somebody on thier own has been doing some clean-up / A Lot of the crud is Gone !!!!!

FredlyFX
01-20-2013, 4:21 PM
I'm in. I'll be bringing rake & shovel along with some water and heavy trash bags.

FredlyFX
http://www.meetup.com/San-Jacinto-Valley-Preppers/

famas619
01-20-2013, 4:44 PM
Was out there today like at 7 AM. Canyons did not look to bad. Like always i took my trash and a bit more.

chknlyps2
01-21-2013, 9:16 PM
Just talked to Eat Dirt a little while ago on the phone, we might have a little suprise Saturday :D

Nirrad
01-22-2013, 9:07 AM
Oh surprises are great! Anti-rain dance?

Antihero47
01-22-2013, 9:32 AM
I was out there on Saturday driving through for the first time. Ranger was out talking with everyone. The canyons didn't seem too dirty. A lot better than a lot of the other places I've seen elsewhere.

richardfl3
01-22-2013, 3:10 PM
Sad to see the forecast when I just checked it:

Rain Wednesday (tomorrow) night through Monday... What shall we do???

SublimeJJ99
01-23-2013, 6:14 AM
I won't be able to make this clean up, but it looks like rain is coming our way anyway. Is there a postponement in order?

Eat Dirt
01-23-2013, 6:50 AM
Sad to see the forecast when I just checked it:

Rain Wednesday (tomorrow) night through Monday... What shall we do???

I saw the forcast for Saturday
It was a 50/50 chance of some rain

We'll have to hang out and see what happens in the next few days
We could use a few drops here and there to keep the dust down

VintageDUG
01-23-2013, 8:36 AM
If you don't want to drive all the way back into the canyons, I am meeting my group at the Fire Station (we will probably park all of our cars there or across the street) and transporting them to the clean up site in the back of my M35A2 deuce and half.

Mainly it's to save parking spots for others, but if you have a nice shiny car and are worried about taking it back there or if you just want to ride in the back of an old military war house, look for us. We are meeting at 0745. Tan 6 x 6.

retired
01-23-2013, 11:52 AM
If you don't want to drive all the way back into the canyons, I am meeting my group at the Fire Station (we will probably park all of our cars there or across the street) and transporting them to the clean up site in the back of my M35A2 deuce and half.

Mainly it's to save parking spots for others, but if you have a nice shiny car and are worried about taking it back there or if you just want to ride in the back of an old military war house, look for us. We are meeting at 0745. Tan 6 x 6.

Ahh...Probably not necessary to mention the color of the deuce and a half since there probably won't be too many others like it parked nearby.:D

VintageDUG
01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
Ahh...Probably not necessary to mention the color of the deuce and a half since there probably won't be too many others like it parked nearby.:D

Some guy over on Winchester has a small fleet of them. Not sure if he's on CalGuns or not. :)

retired
01-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Ok, you got me.;)

VintageDUG
01-23-2013, 12:05 PM
We almost had a 5 ton coming but my buddies work hours got changed. Makes the deuce look like a toy.

Anyway, see you guys Saturday, rain or shine. Though I hope there's no rain.

South40
01-24-2013, 2:28 PM
Know the rules before you shoot in Bee Canyon!

http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sbnf/recreation/otheractivities/recarea/?recid=26525&actid=106
http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/sbnf/recreation/otheractivities

There was apparently enforcement activity in the Canyon this morning and citations were issued. Pay attention to the type of ammo you can use (i.e. no steel core) and what constitutes a target.

S40

VintageDUG
01-24-2013, 4:00 PM
Here's the meat -

AMMUNITION, FIREARMS & TARGETS

Target Shooting rules apply to firearms, air rifles and gas guns. This includes devices used in recreational paintball activities.

Shooters shall not use paintballs or other forms of ammunition that would result in visible residue except where authorized in ranges that operate under special use permit (see above).

Steel core, armor piercing or Teflon ammunition is not permitted. You may only shoot at a target which is dirt, paper, wood, clay pigeon, or a metal spinning/knockdown target. Pick up and dispose of your targets when you are done.

Shooters are prohibited from destroying any natural feature. Also prohibited is discharging a firearm or any other implement capable of taking human life, causing injury, or damaging property as follows: in or within 150 yards of a residence, building, campsite, developed recreation site or occupied area; or across or on a road or a body of water; or in any manner or place whereby any person or property is exposed to injury or damage as a result in such discharge.

stilly
01-24-2013, 11:41 PM
I plan to be there so far, I will prolly be in my navy blue cvpi. OR maybe with another in his vehicle instead.
Or maybe I will get some coolant for the truck and fix the damn leak and use it instead.

Don't fergit to bring mah stuff pretty please. :)

DavidR310
01-25-2013, 2:00 PM
I'm gonna have to bow out of this one. I have been cold & flu free so far and I don't want to get stuck in the rain. My 4dr Honda said it doesn't want to go mud boggin' either.

Have fun guys!

VintageDUG
01-25-2013, 2:29 PM
Greg from Counter Strike in Hemet called me to say it was canceled. I'm pretty sure he got the word from Mr. Dirt himself. Too much rain in the canyons I guess.

chknlyps2
01-25-2013, 3:50 PM
Yep, talked to Eat Dirt on the phone and saturdays clean up is canceled, just a little to muddy.

Nirrad
01-25-2013, 4:34 PM
Bummer! Will keep an eye out for a future date.

Eat Dirt
01-25-2013, 5:36 PM
Clean-Up Cancelled

DUE TO RAIN AND MUD

The rain in Hemet has been kind of steady all day
And I just drove by the entrance to the canyons and It's a Muddy Mess .......................

Eat Dirt
01-25-2013, 9:13 PM
How about a New Date of ::

SATURDAY ,,FEB. 2

Yes , That's right ..The day before the Super-bowl

Lyte-
01-27-2013, 10:08 AM
bump

chknlyps2
01-27-2013, 7:41 PM
How about a New Date of ::

SATURDAY ,,FEB. 2

Yes , That's right ..The day before the Super-bowl

8am again?

Eat Dirt
01-31-2013, 11:09 PM
I'm Not getting too much responce on this next Clean -Up
I guess there wasn't enough time from when I had to Cancell the last one because of the rain

SO /2 THINGS
How about a Firm date of Feb 9th //Saturday

AND

We get a list of names going for the Clean-Up

VintageDUG
01-31-2013, 11:59 PM
Dude - you're killing me here. I got 12 people lined up. LMK ASAP if we're canceled again.

VintageDUG
02-01-2013, 8:40 AM
I have two people who I can't contact scheduled to attend the clean up (snow camping or something) so we have decided to go even if the official clean up is canceled. My group is meeting at the fire station at 0745 and then transferring to my deuce and half for the ride back into the canyons.

We will pick one and clean it.

Our reasons are actually kind of selfish - a few of the boys will get community service hours for high school and all of the boys get community service hours for their Boy Scout advancement. We haven't done any community service in about a month so we "need" this.

Drabnor
02-01-2013, 10:28 AM
^ I'm planning on still heading out around 8am, look for the tan honda pilot...

Eat Dirt
02-01-2013, 3:29 PM
DUG .
I'll still go out at 7:00 and get a canyon for ya
Most likely Canyon # 3 ( It needs some help )

VintageDUG
02-01-2013, 5:19 PM
DUG .
I'll still go out at 7:00 and get a canyon for ya
Most likely Canyon # 3 ( It needs some help )

Ok thanks! Greg from Counter Strike is going to try and make it as well.

Zen Mechanic
02-01-2013, 9:11 PM
I work Saturdays, but if you plan a Sunday, I am in.

Eat Dirt
02-02-2013, 7:53 PM
What a GREAT day in the canyons

For a " Quick " Clean-Up // The group was able to CLEAN Canyons number 3 + 4 to the Best they have been in a long time

Outstanding Job :thumbsup:

A BIG thanks to Vintage Dug and his group of young helpers that not only raked and shoveled But scaled the sides of the hills pulling old targets down to be taken away

We also had the help of ::
Metalstorm 999 ( your truck was a big help )
And
Drabnor ( Another great Local Guy )

Eat Dirt
02-02-2013, 7:59 PM
NOW .......
The next event will still be Sat. Feb.9 at 8:00

This will be the Clean-Up of Canyon # 2

And this one REALLY........ Needs our help
I will bring the usuall tools of Trash Cans and Rakes+ Shovels

Please add your name to the list as I have a Suprise !! for when we are done with the Clean-UP

1. Eat Dirt
2. DavidR310

DavidR310
02-02-2013, 8:03 PM
In!

Eat Dirt
02-02-2013, 8:23 PM
In!

Outstanding !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eat Dirt
02-03-2013, 9:34 AM
Interesting Sidenote::::

I went out late in the day to see how things were after a busy day out there

Went to the very canyon that was just Cleaned-Up
There was a younger couple there shooting a .22
I told him about the clean-up that had just happened early in the day
His very words were..
" Ya . I forgot to bring some targets and was hoping there would be some junk or bottles around I could shoot up "

I said nothing and walked away .................................................

VintageDUG
02-03-2013, 10:00 AM
The ranger stopped by to talk to the boys and seemed very happy. She praised their work and offered to get them community service hours whenever we need it.

She also had great things to say about Metalstorm 999 aka Greg from Counter Strike Firearms for unloading the truck all by himself. We overfilled his truck, but he couldn't stay to shoot, so he selfishly took the load out himself and unloaded it alone so the boys could stay and shoot for a short while (we had to be out by noon, a couple leaders had a tax appointment).

There was a minor scare when I couldn't find the key for my gun case, but luckily my son knew where the spare key was.

The boys really like doing it since the payoff is so high - they get community service for high school (if they have their form and if they are in high school), they get community service hours for scouts (you usually need 6 hours per rank to advance) and then they get to shoot.

We brought out a S&W M&P 15-22, a Henry AR7, a Saiga, a Remington shotgun, a S&W M&P .22, a Ruger SR22, a Hi-Point .380, a S&W M&P 45 and a Rock Island 1911A1.

Thank you to Eat Dirt for the donated .380 ammo.

The normal ammo supply is 600-700 rounds of 22, and 50-60 round of every other caliber. At least until ammo is easier to get.

I'll get the pics from the other leader and post them up.

chknlyps2
02-03-2013, 10:53 AM
I will be there!... I will bring my usual trash cans & rakes also and haul loads to dumpsters.

Please add your name to the list.

1. Eat Dirt
2. DavidR310
3. chknlyps2

richardfl3
02-03-2013, 3:44 PM
I will be there!... I will bring my usual trash cans & rakes also and haul loads to dumpsters.

1. Eat Dirt
2. DavidR310
3. chknlyps2
4. Richardfl3 +1
5. Delfuego

Eat Dirt
02-03-2013, 8:47 PM
Glad to see how the " List " is growing

Also

I Have a 'Secert" suprise for after the Clean-Up

VintageDUG
02-03-2013, 8:49 PM
Some pics of the clean up:

http://i50.tinypic.com/152zvvb.jpg
Greg's truck (we loaded even more).

http://i48.tinypic.com/2e6c84w.jpg
Group shot of the Scouts and Leaders.

http://i46.tinypic.com/fl8zev.jpg
Clean canyon.

http://i46.tinypic.com/6jpvuc.jpg
Our ride.

http://i47.tinypic.com/f404f4.jpg
One last look to see if we missed anything.

fishandhunt4ever
02-03-2013, 9:47 PM
Does anyone ever carpool to the clean ups? I live in Huntington Beach and would not mind driving/riding. My work schedule has me on rotating days off, but I will be checking in here to see a clean-up I can make.

DavidR310
02-03-2013, 9:55 PM
Our ride.

With that vehicle and sticker, you could get waived into the white house. lol

Eat Dirt
02-03-2013, 9:57 PM
Dug :

Those pictures are GREAT
Your crew did a Awsum Job !!!!
Sorry I couldn't stay later and Plink with you all but I had a Busy Schedule
All day !!

Now the bad news :: That brand new Clean-Up sign that was put up there
Was already Blasted by some Asshat today !!!!!!

Hey .........I think I recognise that rake and trashcan !!!!!!

Fixmy59bug
02-03-2013, 10:49 PM
My friend and I just went shooting there today (never been there before) and as we were unloading officer Murillo pulled up and inspected our weapons (all legal) and told me I couldn't shoot my hanging bowling pin rig due to the plastic casing on the bowling pins. That made me sad, but then she mentioned that a lot of people were just there cleaning yesterday and that the Calguns members were a big reason for the area still being open.

Of course my friend and I took out two trash bags full of trash, and I will try to make some of these clean ups.

Edit: corrected to mention that the officer said the calguns members cleaned and kept it open, not me.

DavidR310
02-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Calguns members were a big reason for the area still being open.

Sad, but true.

VintageDUG
02-04-2013, 6:56 AM
Dug :

Those pictures are GREAT
Your crew did a Awsum Job !!!!
Sorry I couldn't stay later and Plink with you all but I had a Busy Schedule
All day !!

Now the bad news :: That brand new Clean-Up sign that was put up there
Was already Blasted by some Asshat today !!!!!!

Hey .........I think I recognise that rake and trashcan !!!!!!

The ranger asked us to move the sign from up on the hill to down below. She said it would get shot at up high, but not if it was down low.

VintageDUG
02-04-2013, 7:04 AM
With that vehicle and sticker, you could get waived into the white house. lol

I have to replace the "8" sticker that came off when we washed the windows during the pre op check. That sometimes gets me better parking if a base has E7 and above spots.

Sadly it might be the old girls last run for a little while. The rear main has been leaking and I notice the clutch slipping some on the drive home. It usually only does that with a heavy load on a hot day. We need to drop the trans and bell housing, then replace the clutch and rear main seal.

Eat Dirt
02-05-2013, 6:37 PM

1. Eat Dirt
2. DavidR310
3. chknlyps2
4. Richardfl3 +1
5. Delfuego
---------------------------------------------------------

WE COULD USE A FEW MORE ON THIS CLEAN-UP

HOW ABOUT IT CAL-GUN PEOPLE

Nirrad
02-06-2013, 9:16 AM
Ah man! I was all ready to go on the 26th and pushed back an appointment in order to make it. Unfortunately it was pushed back to the 9th, so I won't be able to make it this time.

I was really looking forward to accepting my award for the furthest distance driven lol!

Will keep an eye out for the next one!

Eat Dirt
02-06-2013, 2:35 PM
Ah man! I won't be able to make it this time.

I was really looking forward to accepting my award for the furthest distance driven lol!

Will keep an eye out for the next one!

WOW ......Long Beach ................
I'm Impressed

The Clean-Up on the 9th is a GO

DavidR310
02-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Did you guys check the forecast?

chknlyps2
02-07-2013, 7:08 PM
Did you guys check the forecast?

LOL, if the news is right I might be snowed in, the snow level is at 2,500 feet and I am at 4,500

Eat Dirt
02-08-2013, 8:11 PM
Well........Again the weather has Not helped us out

Been Cold and rainy here all day

Is anyone still into going out for a Clean-up tomorrow ????

chknlyps2
02-08-2013, 8:57 PM
I have 4 inches of snow on the ground and it is still lightly snowing, I am game if I can make it past mountian center

DavidR310
02-08-2013, 9:01 PM
LOL, if the news is right I might be snowed in, the snow level is at 2,500 feet and I am at 4,500

I'm a hair above 3k.

retired
02-08-2013, 10:12 PM
I can't imagine that it will be any less of a mess than last week, so I'll pass. Even tho I'm a lot closer than some, I don't want to drive out there and find out the trail isn't passable. Plus, I don't want to set my alarm for o dark 30, only to discover it's rainy....I can't fall back to sleep easily. I'll wait for drier conditions.

Eat Dirt
02-08-2013, 10:32 PM
I can't imagine that it will be any less of a mess than last week, so I'll pass. Even tho I'm a lot closer than some, I don't want to drive out there and find out the trail isn't passable. Plus, I don't want to set my alarm for o dark 30, only to discover it's rainy....I can't fall back to sleep easily. I'll wait for drier conditions.

I totally understand .
But Shucks ....I was going to bring your special chair for break time

:scooter:

retired
02-09-2013, 9:40 AM
Of course, I wake up after 9 and it's sunny. I'll rationalize it by saying my 4x2 wouldn't make it thru the mud....yeah, that's it.

Eat Dirt
02-09-2013, 11:23 AM
WELL......We did it.

Chknlyps2 and myself cleaned another canyon ..... And home before noon !!!!
I got there about 7 : 30 and Nobody around any of the canyons
Just a hawk circleing think I was the biggest K-Rat he had ever seen !!!

We just did a rake and run / Cleaned it up and out we went
There were other shooters coming in as we were finishing

And the Mud was not too bad ..The worst was under the big oak tree on the way in

Eat Dirt
02-09-2013, 11:15 PM
Here's the finished product::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/phonepics386_zps6d84e243.jpg

And of course the " Clean-Up sign"
The one on the ground is what was left from the last time ::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/phonepics388_zps1e164e70.jpg

DavidR310
02-09-2013, 11:26 PM
Good job!

I need to get a truck.

VintageDUG
02-10-2013, 10:01 AM
Nobody else made it out? I had too much family stuff that I moved from the previous weekend when I took my scouts out. Hopefully I can get the rear main seal and clutch swapped on the deuce before the next clean up.

Any ideas on the next one/s? Maybe if we can manage once a month or every six weeks they will stay cleaner.

Eat Dirt
02-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Nobody else made it out??

No ...Just Robbie and I
The weather was not bad at all / just cold ......And he came All the way from Anza !!!

Any ideas on the next one/s? Maybe if we can manage once a month or every six weeks they will stay cleaner.

That's what I was thinking too ....
It will depend on the weather this time of year

Sidenote ::::
I was up in the back canyons a lot later in the day
I saw something way up one the side in the shade , I thought somebody took a car fender up to shoot at ......
It was a patch of Snow.....left from the night storm !!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Letterman52
02-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Anyone head out there today?

Roushee97
02-10-2013, 5:43 PM
I was there this morning trying out two different types of ammo and picked up my mess before leaving was going to go back this afternoon since Im only about 10 mins away but the wife wanted to visit her in-laws:eek:, might go again tomorrow morning before work

Single Six
02-10-2013, 6:27 PM
Did someone say deuce?!

Letterman52
02-10-2013, 7:01 PM
Well I went out this afternoon. Canyon 1. I left with 3 bags worth. Someone really went overboard with beer bottles in this canyon by the way. Be careful.

chknlyps2
02-10-2013, 7:59 PM
No ...Just Robbie and I
The weather was not bad at all / just cold ......And he came All the way from Anza !!!

Usually it is a 40 minute drive, took me an hour and a half this time.... 20 mph for a little more than 20 of the 30 or so miles, from my gate till I could over look hemet it was like this, solid ice
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/100MEDIA_IMAG0042_zpsc2976cb5.jpg

And this is how cold it was.
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/100MEDIA_IMAG0043_zps4613c169.jpg

retired
02-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Our ride.

Yep, a deuce. Well, a deuce and a half, Single Six.

Did someone say deuce?!

VintageDUG
02-11-2013, 7:30 AM
Yep, a deuce. Well, a deuce and a half, Single Six.

And currently configured in the "Oil Spreader" configuration. Collecting parts to change the rear oil main seal soon and freshen up the clutch.

She JUST a straight 6, but one cylinder is bigger than the entire engine in my commuter/beater car.

They say the clutch/seal swap isn't a complicated job, everything is just super heavy. No need for jacks, stands or anything like that. Just a 4 x 4, an open window and a come-along.

Hopefully she won't miss too many clean ups.

Single Six
02-11-2013, 7:48 AM
My dad had a deuce as a kid, we used it to clear trees off our land in the woods. I'm a steel soldiers member and have a junky old one that was a civvy water truck for a long time. Need to get around to trying to get her running.

VintageDUG
02-11-2013, 7:56 AM
My dad had a deuce as a kid, we used it to clear trees off our land in the woods. I'm a steel soldiers member and have a junky old one that was a civvy water truck for a long time. Need to get around to trying to get her running.

Small world - I'm a mod over at Steel Soldiers. Been quiet there the last 10 months or so as this new hobby has taken hold. I try to combine them whenever possible.

carr
02-23-2013, 9:23 PM
I was out there today on the right side of canyon 6. took 2 bags of trash and probably 2-3 walmart bags of brass and shotgun shells. the group of guys on the left side left about 200+ shotgun shells and a lot of target trash but I didn't have time to pick it all up. Hope to make it out to the next clean up to meet you all.

RickKaz
03-01-2013, 5:18 PM
Planning on heading out tomorrow to cleanup a canyon and do some plinking with the family. Does anyone know if it'll be open? I waited to long to call the Ranger station and I'd hate to make the 45-minute trip to see the gate closed.

Eat Dirt
03-01-2013, 6:26 PM
Planning on heading out tomorrow to cleanup a canyon and do some plinking with the family. Does anyone know if it'll be open? I waited to long to call the Ranger station and I'd hate to make the 45-minute trip to see the gate closed.

The Canyonns are Open at this time
Canyon # 1 could use a little help

RickKaz
03-01-2013, 7:05 PM
Thanks for the info. If I can get canyon #1, we'll clean it up; it's always been taken when I've gone there. Either way, we'll clean up as much as we can fit in the truck bed before shooting and clean our brass\shells up after. If there's still room, will pick up some trash from other canyons on the way out. Last time I was out there, the ranger stopped by and told me I didn't need a forest pass, since I had one displayed. Is this true, because my pass expired.

Eat Dirt
03-01-2013, 8:03 PM
NO Pass required / P M Sent

chknlyps2
03-01-2013, 8:13 PM
Today was activity level 3 so shooting was only till 1PM, tomorrow might be the same but the recording is not updated yet.

Eat Dirt
03-01-2013, 8:25 PM
Today was activity level 3 so shooting was only till 1PM, tomorrow might be the same but the recording is not updated yet.

Thanks for chiming in / I didn't get a chance to check it today

chknlyps2
03-02-2013, 8:49 AM
Today is activity level 3 also, shooting till 1pm. It should go back to normal in a couple days when it gets cooler.

kick Z tail out
03-02-2013, 9:06 AM

The gates never close because its an open OHV trail and forest road. What does happen is an electronic sign board will be on 74 before the entrance saying no shooting.

RickKaz
03-02-2013, 2:40 PM
Made it there about 7:45, found canyon 5 open only to realize I made a rookie mistake and forgot my ammo can at home. We went back home and returned to the canyon at 9:30, luckily canyon 1 just opened up. My family filled a 33-gallon trash bag with plastic/paper/cardboard trash and removed a completely shot up 35" CRT TV before shooting. We got in about an hour of shooting before we had to leave, dropping off the trash at the ranger station on the way back home.

Two other shooters pulled up to the canyon as we were packing up and I noticed they had several two-liter bottles filled with water. I told them the target rules (paper, clay, wood, and steel spinners/gongs) and warned them that they would get cited if the ranger drove by and saw them shooting at anything else. I also reminded them to clean up their mess so that we don't loose this shooting area.

Canyon 1 still needs more work, lots of small bits of wood and many shotgun shells remain. We went after the large, obvious stuff today. Thanks to everyone for chiming in with info on the canyon. It was good to get out and shoot again with the family, as it's been several months since we've been able to.

Eat Dirt
03-02-2013, 4:59 PM
Too Bad I missed you today /Had a few home repairs I had to finish

THANKS for the Clean-Up help ..............

Got out there about Noon
People are still shooting out there Now ......./ Didn't see a ranger all afternoon !!

Tacklejunkie
03-03-2013, 3:09 PM
Hello "Eat Dirt"!
I was picking up some of my 9mm shell casings out there in Bee Canyon today on my Suzuki DR-Z400 when you pulled up and asked if I was going to reload them. I gave you a handful of them I had picked up because I don't like leaving my trash laying around..

Remember me? haha

You didn't happen to find a single stack 9mm Ruger LC9 clip out there did you? I lost it somewhere between Bee Canyon when I Saw you last and home! I'm pulling my hair out looking for it. If you see it up there let me know! Thank you and good work keeping the place clean. Funny when you met me there that's exactly what I was doing. =)

Eat Dirt
03-03-2013, 7:47 PM
Hello "Eat Dirt"!
I was picking up some of my 9mm shell casings out there in Bee Canyon today on my Suzuki DR-Z400 when you pulled up and asked if I was going to reload them. I gave you a handful of them I had picked up because I don't like leaving my trash laying around..

Remember me? haha

You didn't happen to find a single stack 9mm Ruger LC9 clip out there did you? I lost it somewhere between Bee Canyon when I Saw you last and home! I'm pulling my hair out looking for it. If you see it up there let me know! Thank you and good work keeping the place clean. Funny when you met me there that's exactly what I was doing. =)

Nice meeting a new Member And one that cleans up after himself when done shooting
Sorry to say , I did not find a mag anywhere
And we were out there a good hour after I saw you

irishfire
03-04-2013, 2:00 PM
Hi, new member here. First post.

Wanted to start off by getting involved with the clean up efforts you guys are doing. Right on!

I would like to pitch in when I can although I've got a hitch or two in my giddyup these days.

I would like to offer the use of my transmission jack or any other truck repair tools he might need to VintageDug for his clutch and main seal project. It is a heavy truck trans jack and can make life a bit easier. Sorry, no clutch caddy. Which makes life really easy when doing this job.

You can PM me if you want or I'll be monitoring the sight so just give a holler.
Cheers.

VintageDUG
03-04-2013, 3:58 PM
Thanks for the offer, but we finished it up last weekend. You can't really use a trans jack to remove them. The easiest way is to open the front window and lay a Hi Lift jack or a 4 x 4 from the back of the cab and out the front passenger window. And then use a chain fall down through the removed floor plates. Then it gets lowered down on to a furniture dolly. It's not a bad job, just everything is HEAVY. The flywheel is nearly 100 pounds.

Not only did we install a new clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, pilot bushing, rear main, trans gasket set and shift boot, but I just picked up two new tires for the steer axle. She's ready to work!

I bought one of them fancy magnet sweeper things for cleaning up too.

Hi, new member here. First post.

Wanted to start off by getting involved with the clean up efforts you guys are doing. Right on!

I would like to pitch in when I can although I've got a hitch or two in my giddyup these days.

I would like to offer the use of my transmission jack or any other truck repair tools he might need to VintageDug for his clutch and main seal project. It is a heavy truck trans jack and can make life a bit easier. Sorry, no clutch caddy. Which makes life really easy when doing this job.

You can PM me if you want or I'll be monitoring the sight so just give a holler.
Cheers.

irishfire
03-04-2013, 10:30 PM
VintageDug,
Wow! You don't mess around! Good to hear you got-er-done and I DON'T have to dust off the jack. It's pretty heavy too!

DragonX_Navy_Vet
03-09-2013, 11:01 PM
Im headed out to shoot tomorrow with my Brother in law and we will be bringing rakes with us to police our casings as well and our area. Its all about leaving the area ready for the next shooter and protecting the environment as well. Glad to see so many people are doing this too.

Also ill be moving to hemet soon so i would love to get involved in Clean ups as they go down ill even get some of my navy and Marine buddies to help out. Make a big ol working party out of it LOL

Letterman52
03-10-2013, 7:19 AM
Well a disappointing experience. Got there at 745. All the canyons up to 4 or 5 were full. There is a huge mud sink hole after that so if you don't have a 7-ton you are pretty much SOL. Plus no one would let me squeeze in. I even offered up 5.56 to boot. Pretty discouraged.

Eat Dirt
03-10-2013, 9:18 AM
I went out late yesterday and some " PIGS "
took out some junk to shoo t and left it .............

A Rock-Star mini fridge ( Glass everywhere )
An old propane bar-B-Que
A full size car door

Al this is in canyon # 2...................

That mud puddle will dry -up quick
Happens after every good rain
With All the off road traffic that goes thru there / They will pack it down in No -Time

DragonX_Navy_Vet
03-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Headed out this morning everything up to 4 was full we settle at 5 to shoot great time but was pretty sad at how the range was left we raked up at least 200 shotgun shells on top of our 50 we shot.

Dirt we saw the Grill and stuff on 2 its sad people just leave it out there 2 is a nice shooting area too.

Pic of us doing our part to clean up
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad257/Darkdragonxk1/5714_547161661981758_1701532375_n_zps6daa19e1.jpg

We brought our own target and we took them back when done
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad257/Darkdragonxk1/602720_547161895315068_350745212_n_zps24ce58ed.jpg

chknlyps2
03-10-2013, 11:34 AM
I went out late yesterday and some " PIGS "
took out some junk to shoo t and left it .............

A Rock-Star mini fridge ( Glass everywhere )
An old propane bar-B-Que
A full size car door

Al this is in canyon # 2...................

That sucks, you and I had that canyon all nice and pretty a month ago

Roushee97
03-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Glad to have the brother in law aka dragon x go with me shooting this morning and cleaning after

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/martinslandscape/20130310_081854_zps67aca7e2.jpg

Roushee97
03-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Dragon X
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m526/martinslandscape/20130310_082551_zps2ceeb175.jpg

msand951
03-10-2013, 5:32 PM
What time are the ranger stoping people shooting is it still 1pm.
Im off tomorrow and want to break in my new G19 and 10/22.

chknlyps2
03-10-2013, 5:52 PM
What time are the ranger stoping people shooting is it still 1pm.
Im off tomorrow and want to break in my new G19 and 10/22.

It is day to day depending on temp, wind, moisture level in the brush (fuel moisture) and humidity.

I just called and for tomorrow, 3-11-13 the activity level 1 which is shooting all day.

msand951
03-10-2013, 6:29 PM
Thanks for the heads up. chknlyps2
I might be there tomorrow. eighter in a wht dodge or brown wrangler. Probably truck so I help out and clean up.

DragonX_Navy_Vet
03-10-2013, 6:54 PM
Just take a trash bag or 2 with you and a rake if range 2 is free you will like it there and you cant miss it cause the BBQ is still out there unless another calguns member took it away today. but its a good spot. 6 or 7 is good too

this should be a standing rule for the Canyon if you going to shoot bring Trash bags a rake and leave with at least 1 full bag from what ever range you at

Eat Dirt
03-10-2013, 8:22 PM
Just take a trash bag or 2 with you and a rake if range 2 is free you will like it there and you cant miss it cause the BBQ is still out there unless another calguns member took it away today. but its a good spot. 6 or 7 is good too

Not any more !!!!!!!!!!!!
Another shooter ( I am think a Cal Gun Member ) loaded the stuff into his truck and took it to the dumpsters
this should be a standing rule for the Canyon if you going to shoot bring Trash bags a rake and leave with at least 1 full bag from what ever range you at

Ya ,Good luck with that
I've been in the valley and shooting there since '68

Eat Dirt
03-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Watch out for the Jeep eating Mudhole .........................

I drove up on this late today
They were just sitting in it ...Waiting for help ................
The picture doesn't do it enough ...............It's sitting on the frame from the 2 deep tire ruts in the mud....................

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Photo0586_zps4c17ec82.jpg

DragonX_Navy_Vet
03-10-2013, 10:23 PM
im glad somebody loaded it up there were people shooting when we left and we had our 3 pallets target stands in the back of the truck or i would have loaded it up and tossed it ourselves too. Roushee97 was telling about tvs and all sorts of stuff out there that should be out there let alone shot at.

We were talking about rules today when we got back about stuff you can and cant have cause i had a lot of ideas of stuff to shoot at that is not allowed.

im going to talk to some of my Navy and Marine buddies about going up there next time theres a clean up scheduled so we can get some more bodies involved

msand951
03-11-2013, 9:34 PM
We made it out today and took my kids for the first time. They did great .Not only did they shoot the 10/22 but then they wanted to shoot the G19, then my AR. Of course we encourage clean up . They did say it was cool that its free to shoot . I told them if we dont keep it clean we will lose it. I did notice the BBQ and door at the dumpster great job guys . The first spot we got wasnt bad .
http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc479/msand951/CAM00065_zps80f2dc54.jpg

http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc479/msand951/CAM00063_zpsac5e1060.jpg

msand951
03-11-2013, 10:15 PM
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=432595586823118&set=p.432595586823118&type=2&theater

I tried to share a video of my little one shooting the glock but didnt work.

Eat Dirt
03-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Sir .........
You just made my day !!

Taking out the young ones for a shooting trip
Getting them to help clean -up others peoples ' left behind ' trash

WAY TO GO !!!

msand951
03-11-2013, 11:21 PM
Thanks Ron, You usually catch me up there. :)
Yeah It would really suck if we lost this. My kids are still excited my 20 yr old sister just scored a 10/22 at bass pro. But I believe the best way to combat a problem is by educating new and old shooters. Still hoping to go out and meeting other calgunners in my area. On a clean up date.

Tacklejunkie
03-16-2013, 5:44 PM
Was out there today about 10am! Fired my first AR-15!
Just finished building it. I bought the receivers after I met Eat Dirt up there on the motorcycle a few weeks back and found out about this forum. Which led to me posting a WTB add for a receiver to finish the AR!
Saw the big rut from whoever was stuck last week!

Here's me babbling on camera, loading up and firing the AR for first time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8U7jjUavtE

Not too many people today, nice and quiet!
Used my gopro Hero3 for video mounted to my head.

Letterman52
03-17-2013, 6:09 AM
Was out there today about 10am! Fired my first AR-15!
Just finished building it. I bought the receivers after I met Eat Dirt up there on the motorcycle a few weeks back and found out about this forum. Which led to me posting a WTB add for a receiver to finish the AR!
Saw the big rut from whoever was stuck last week!

Here's me babbling on camera, loading up and firing the AR for first time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8U7jjUavtE

Not too many people today, nice and quiet!
Used my gopro Hero3 for video mounted to my head.

A video showing you loading more ammo than legal. Awkward.

Delfuego
03-17-2013, 6:21 AM
I saw the video and his magazine was empty after firing 10 rounds.

Letterman52
03-17-2013, 4:50 PM
Went today. This time I got my favorite spot. Took the new jeep out. Took back from the canyon (1) Flat screen monitor and a ridiculous amount of shot gun shells. Some people...

Bear790
03-18-2013, 12:59 AM
Going on the 23rd, See anyone out there. I will do my best to clean up after myself.

DragonX_Navy_Vet
03-18-2013, 5:06 PM
Was out on Range 3 today shooting and raked up a huge amount of SG shells and things like plastic bottles and other things looking a little better but 2 needs a lot of work

DARTGUY
03-24-2013, 12:14 AM
Gonna check out this place tomorrow. 1st time there.

fastpowerstroker
03-24-2013, 3:16 PM
Went out today with the family and took a new gun owner. Pretty busy early am. Found a spot, left at 11:00. Took a 35 gal trashcan to the ranger station. Overall, place didn't look to trashed; haven't been there for 2 yrs though.

Tacklejunkie
03-31-2013, 8:14 AM
Was out yesterday buying ammo from Eat Dirt and cleaning up at the range!
Part of the solution, not part of the problem!
Thanks dudes.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/700%20sale/beecanyoncleanup002_zps50618c34.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/700%20sale/beecanyoncleanup003_zpsc476cdb2.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff280/tacklejunkie/700%20sale/beecanyoncleanup004_zps203da9c4.jpg

Happy Easter.

Eat Dirt
03-31-2013, 8:43 PM
Well ,Gang
Time for another Canyon Clean-Up
Canyon Number 1. has been getting a Lot of use ............
It needs some Help !!

Saturday ..April 20 ...8 :00
Please cut/paste and add your name to the list in a new post

1.Eat Dirt

chknlyps2
03-31-2013, 9:28 PM
Saturday ..April 20 ...8:00

1. Eat Dirt
2. chknlyps2

-------------------------------------------------------------

I will be there!

Tacklejunkie
04-01-2013, 7:15 AM
I'm in the middle of moving right now so not sure if I will be able to make it this time! We'll have to see as the date draws near.

Lost-trails
04-01-2013, 7:41 AM

1. Eat Dirt
2. chknlyps2
3. Lost-trails

I just need to confirm with my wife.

Eat Dirt
04-01-2013, 7:50 AM

I just need to confirm with my wife.

-----------------------------------------------

I'll give you a permission slip ......:cool: J.K.

But I will bring the usuall tool and trash cans to transport stuff to the dumpsters

Lost-trails
04-01-2013, 3:25 PM
-----------------------------------------------

I'll give you a permission slip ......:cool: J.K.

But I will bring the usuall tool and trash cans to transport stuff to the dumpsters

She wants to see that that permission slip. Wife was the one that started us shooting so I had to confirm with her.

Eat Dirt
04-01-2013, 8:26 PM
Starting to get a few names on the list already ...........Nice !!

DavidR310
04-02-2013, 5:30 AM

1. Eat Dirt
2. chknlyps2
3. Lost-trails
4. DavidR310

@msand....those look like future Marines in the making!

This is right after SSZS so I will be shooting just 22 :(

richardfl3
04-02-2013, 2:56 PM
Ill be there if I don't work all night.

Heres the canyon at about 1:10pm today from 6000'

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y411/135flyer/IMG_1700_zpsdef1b699.jpg

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y411/135flyer/IMG_1696_zps01db4508.jpg

Eat Dirt
04-02-2013, 8:52 PM
^^^^ Nice Pictures !!

Thanks for posting

I don't see any trash !!!

DragonX_Navy_Vet
04-03-2013, 7:12 PM
Talking to my Brother in Law now about it ill let you know in a few days Dirt. Im also going to call so of my Navy buddies and see if they can come out as well

Eat Dirt
04-04-2013, 8:18 PM
Just went there late in the afternoon today

Canyon # 1 Really needs some help

Eat Dirt
04-07-2013, 10:29 AM
Bump'in up the Clean-UpThread

Next Saturday............................

DragonX_Navy_Vet
04-08-2013, 3:59 PM
this Saturday Apr 13th is that what your saying Dirt we were out there on Sunday at 1 and yea it needs so serious help tried to take as much as we could but it was really bad

Eat Dirt
04-08-2013, 5:06 PM
this Saturday Apr 13th is that what your saying Dirt we were out there on Sunday at 1 and yea it needs so serious help tried to take as much as we could but it was really bad

The Clean-Up Is :::

Sorry for any Confusion..........................

DragonX_Navy_Vet
04-08-2013, 8:45 PM
Cool

outrayge
04-08-2013, 9:27 PM
Can anyone tell me if a sedan can safely get into the Bee Canyon shooting area?

Eat Dirt
04-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Can anyone tell me if a sedan can safely get into the Bee Canyon shooting area?

As long as it's not an '66 Chevy Lowrider
But
You will need a some kind of ground clearance, But I have seen a Pirus ( Really ) out there
As long as you watch the dips and can drive on a dirt road , You'll be fine
The main road is all hardpack dirt , So traction is not a problem

outrayge
04-08-2013, 10:12 PM
As long as it's not an '66 Chevy Lowrider
But
You will need a some kind of ground clearance, But I have seen a Pirus ( Really ) out there
As long as you watch the dips and can drive on a dirt road , You'll be fine
The main road is all hardpack dirt , So traction is not a problem

chknlyps2
04-15-2013, 6:25 PM
Bump! Clean-up in less than a week!

Saturday ..April 20 ...8:00 AM

1. Eat Dirt
2. chknlyps2
3. Lost-trails
4. DavidR310

Eat Dirt
04-15-2013, 6:59 PM
This Place Needs Help

Here's a few pictures from this weekend :::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Photo0675_zps32ddae48.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Photo0675_zps32ddae48.jpg.html)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Photo0676_zpsf350b440.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Photo0676_zpsf350b440.jpg.html)

DragonX_Navy_Vet
04-15-2013, 7:37 PM
Damn this is getting bad

Which Range is this btw

Roushee97
04-15-2013, 7:41 PM
Big reason why I prefer to go during the week, weekend warriors tend to take targets and leave them there.

Eat Dirt
04-15-2013, 9:28 PM
Damn this is getting bad

Which Range is this btw

Canyon # 2

Eat Dirt
04-16-2013, 9:00 PM
Bump'in this up for This Weekend.....................

Still need some Volunteers to help out on this Clean-up

There Will be 'Plinking ' after the Clean-Up
So
Bring a favorite firearm

DragonX_Navy_Vet
04-17-2013, 5:26 PM
Light Winds and Low Humidity might make for 1pm Limitation on shooting this weekend but will still be a good cleanup

Eat Dirt
04-17-2013, 5:29 PM
Light Winds and Low Humidity might make for 1pm Limitation on shooting this weekend but will still be a good cleanup

Thanks for the input,,,,,,
I have heavy Rubbermaid trashcans and Gloves at the ready ........

DragonX_Navy_Vet
04-17-2013, 5:33 PM
no problem been watching the news on the weekend weather

chknlyps2
04-17-2013, 6:01 PM
Thanks for the input,,,,,,
I have heavy Rubbermaid trashcans and Gloves at the ready ........

I will be bringing my trashcans and truck to haul the stuff to the dumpsters.

By the way, tomorrow (thursday) is a level 1 so shooting all day :D

Eat Dirt
04-17-2013, 9:44 PM
We still need some Help at this event

Saturday ..April 20 ...8:00 AM

1. Eat Dirt
2. chknlyps2
3. Lost-trails
4. DavidR310

Eat Dirt
04-18-2013, 7:01 PM
This SATURDAY is the DAY......................

8:00 Is The Time

Canyon # 2 is th Place

fyrstomper
04-19-2013, 9:37 PM
Will you be meeting at Cranston fire station prior to heading to the clean up area? if so what time. I would like to help but I am not sure how to get there.

Eat Dirt
04-19-2013, 9:45 PM
Will you be meeting at Cranston fire station prior to heading to the clean up area? if so what time. I would like to help but I am not sure how to get there.

We will be at Canyon # 2

Just go past Cranston ranger station
Then go across narrow bridge
After that turn Left on the dirt road
Stay to the left ...
Go one mile on the only dirt road past canyon # 1 ( One with the large rocks )

Eat Dirt
04-20-2013, 4:07 PM
What A GREAT Day....................

With the help of the Cal-Gun volunteers we were able to Not only Clean Canyon # 2
But .....
Also Canyon # 1....................:D

The finished product on Canyon # 2;

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Photo0687_zpsbf029c46.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Photo0687_zpsbf029c46.jpg.html)

The finished product on Canyon # 1 :

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Photo0690_zps0224435b.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Photo0690_zps0224435b.jpg.html)

A Big THANKS to the cast ....................
Chknlyps2
Richardfl3
Lost-Trails
Fyrstomper

Also Check out the Special " Mystery" Guest :::::::::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Photo0689_zps9e532c23.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Photo0689_zps9e532c23.jpg.html)

DragonX_Navy_Vet
04-20-2013, 5:40 PM
Damn Sorry i missed this one looks like lots of Love and Care went into these 2. Good Job Guys

DavidR310
04-21-2013, 6:56 AM
Sorry, I couldn't make it guys. Awesome work as always!

metalstorm999
04-29-2013, 11:25 PM
Well the wife, and I went out today to toss some lead down range, and the place was empty. Not a single person out there. We decided to set up at canyon one. Boy was it a mess. I can't believe these idiots leaving their crap! All that hard work to keep the place open, and these morons just trash the place. Anyways, we pulled out a solid core/ steel door, a computer, a microwave, the metal wall insert to house the microwave, empty diaper boxes, and a ton of empty water bottles. Anyways, canyon one is good again :D
http://i41.tinypic.com/5y4tww.jpg

Eat Dirt
04-30-2013, 8:06 AM
^^^^
Thanks !! My Friend

Glad to see that there are also Good people going out there

DragonX_Navy_Vet
05-01-2013, 3:06 PM
This is Ridiculous i feel like we have to Police the grounds every weekend now. Metal when its dead like that you might wanna fire conditions they might be in the 3's with the heat. and now with the Banning Fire it might be closed

chknlyps2
05-01-2013, 5:13 PM
Well the wife, and I went out today to toss some lead down range, and the place was empty. Not a single person out there. We decided to set up at canyon one. Boy was it a mess. I can't believe these idiots leaving their crap! All that hard work to keep the place open, and these morons just trash the place. Anyways, we pulled out a solid core/ steel door, a computer, a microwave, the metal wall insert to house the microwave, empty diaper boxes, and a ton of empty water bottles. Anyways, canyon one is good again :D

Man, what asshats! 2 weekends ago we had that canyon all spic and span! Thanks metalstorm!...my 10 days are up so you will see me soon to pick up my lowers :D

stilly
05-02-2013, 12:57 AM

Does the computer have a hard drive in it? Can I have the computer if it is not in too bad a shape?

stilly
05-02-2013, 12:58 AM
What A GREAT Day....................

With the help of the Cal-Gun volunteers we were able to Not only Clean Canyon # 2
But .....
Also Canyon # 1....................:D

The finished product on Canyon # 2;

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Photo0687_zpsbf029c46.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Photo0687_zpsbf029c46.jpg.html)

The finished product on Canyon # 1 :

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Photo0690_zps0224435b.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Photo0690_zps0224435b.jpg.html)

A Big THANKS to the cast ....................
Chknlyps2
Richardfl3
Lost-Trails
Fyrstomper

Also Check out the Special " Mystery" Guest :::::::::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Photo0689_zps9e532c23.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Photo0689_zps9e532c23.jpg.html)

Hey that was cool! You even got R. Lee Ermy to show up! Wow. Bee Canyon is getting up there...

Eat Dirt
05-02-2013, 7:35 AM
Hey that was cool! You even got R. Lee Ermy to show up! Wow. Bee Canyon is getting up there...

'Bout time somebody noticed the " Gunny " in the pic.........

(( Close personal friend )):rolleyes:

But really ..........Even thou we were a small crew
These hard workers did a BIG job in cleaning both canyons in one morning

metalstorm999
05-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Man, what asshats! 2 weekends ago we had that canyon all spic and span! Thanks metalstorm!...my 10 days are up so you will see me soon to pick up my lowers :D

I've been talking to them every night, reassuring them their daddy will be back shortly to pick them up :p

metalstorm999
05-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Does the computer have a hard drive in it? Can I have the computer if it is not in too bad a shape?

Unfortunately, the computer looked like it ate a case of 00 buck. I highly doubt it was salvageable. It might still be in the ranger dumpster though.

TACTIKILL
06-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Is Bee Canyon open to shooting right now or is it shut down? I hate when I get all excited to go shootin and pack all my stuff and drive down there just to see a big NO SHOOTING sign.

Eat Dirt
06-12-2013, 2:50 PM
Is Bee Canyon open to shooting right now or is it shut down? I hate when I get all excited to go shootin and pack all my stuff and drive down there just to see a big NO SHOOTING sign.

As far as I know the shooting has been short days
meaning stop shooting by 1 :00 PM

Because of high temps and low humidity

Edwrdscissorhsh
06-13-2013, 3:28 PM
HI guys. I'm new to the forum and was wondering when Bee Canyon usually closes due to fire danger. By the way, I have to say something about what a fantastic job you guys did on those two canyons. I have only recently started shooting there, and I have never seen them so spotless. Count me in on the next cleanup. I'm free most weekends, and I could grab an extra set of hands no problem.

chknlyps2
06-13-2013, 7:48 PM
HI guys. I'm new to the forum and was wondering when Bee Canyon usually closes due to fire danger. By the way, I have to say something about what a fantastic job you guys did on those two canyons. I have only recently started shooting there, and I have never seen them so spotless. Count me in on the next cleanup. I'm free most weekends, and I could grab an extra set of hands no problem.

Welcome to the forum!

Last couple of years it has been end of June, beginning of July but it all depends on weather.

RickKaz
06-14-2013, 9:15 AM

Today it's open all day.

Edwrdscissorhsh
06-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Thanks chknlyps2 that's great news. I was planning on bringing the family up to shoot next weekend, but I didn't want to get their hopes up. Looks like we're going to go for it.

Eat Dirt
06-19-2013, 9:26 PM
I just got the word today .

JUNE 27 /// Last day to shoot in Bee Canyon

Then The area will be closed to ALL Shooting / But people can still use the trails for Off-Roading

The official start of the Fire season

Eat Dirt
06-20-2013, 9:10 PM
This coming weekend
Will be the LAST full weekend to shoot in Bee Canyon for a while !!!!!!!!

RickKaz
06-20-2013, 11:03 PM
This coming weekend
Will be the LAST full weekend to shoot in Bee Canyon for a while !!!!!!!!

Thanks for the notice. Went out last Saturday with the family, knowing that the season was coming to an end. We arrived early and had canyon 1. It sounded like another party was at 2 or 3. Canyon 1 was pretty trashed, we raked up several piles of shotgun shells and trash and were able to haul out three trash bags full and an aluminum transmission case. We left the lower portion pretty clean, but did't have enough room or trash bags to take care of the upper part.

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp54434%3Enu%3D45%3B4%3E793%3E934%3EWS NRCG%3D36678566%3C9348nu0mrj

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp73482%3Enu%3D45%3B4%3E793%3E934%3EWS NRCG%3D3667853%3A65348nu0mrj

RickKaz

Eat Dirt
06-21-2013, 6:55 AM
^^^^ GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your work on helping clean up the place

But ..A Transmission Case ????
It never ceases to amaze me on what kind of Krud people bring out to shoot up.
Like I've said before / It's like what ever was left from the yard sale ,lets go shoot it !!!

A few years back ...I was coming out from shooting with a few friends in the last canyon and as we got to the canyon you were in . A guy was setting up some T V Picture tubes to shoot :eek:
Before we hit pavement we just happened to meet up with a forestery truck going the other way
I told him you ' Might ' want to check on that guy

famas619
06-21-2013, 4:06 PM
Rickkaz, good job. I was out there last monday early and that transmission case was not there at canyon 1. I live in San Diego now, but have family in Hemet and usually swing by bee canyon when i go up for a visit. I always take out my trash and any other stuff i can carry out.

Eat Dirt
06-22-2013, 9:05 AM
Last FULL weekend to shoot at Bee Canyon

Next Thursday it will be closing for the Fire Season

Riff!!
09-01-2013, 12:08 PM
Just stumbled on this forum & thread in a search for places to shoot.
Good work guys! :thumbsup:

johnniezombie
11-03-2013, 9:00 AM
When does Bee Canyon open again? This is exactly what I have been looking for!

Eat Dirt
11-03-2013, 2:46 PM
When does Bee Canyon open again? This is exactly what I have been looking for!

The Rangers usually use this example ::

When there is enough rain so that Mud sticks to your boots

The canyon will Re-Open for the season

SO

Start that Raindance music !!!!!

inbox485
11-03-2013, 3:14 PM
Did the last rain not count?

johnniezombie
11-03-2013, 3:27 PM
The BLM site says fire season usually ends in October. I can't find any official status of fire season in the region.

inbox485
11-27-2013, 3:32 PM
Anybody have the local ranger station number handy? I had it but can't find it anywhere.

RickKaz
11-28-2013, 6:52 AM
I usually call the Idyllwild one at (909) 382-2921.

Niviticus
11-28-2013, 2:31 PM
Any cleanup efforts going to be organized soon?

South40
12-23-2013, 6:26 PM
http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sbnf/null/recarea/?recid=26525&actid=106

Eat Dirt
12-23-2013, 7:01 PM
Any cleanup efforts going to be organized soon?

Yes
After the first of the Year
It will be posted

inbox485
12-25-2013, 7:06 AM
Yes
After the first of the Year
It will be posted

I did a drive through day before yesterday just to see if it was open and how the roads were. Made it all the way up past shotgun flats in my civic, and the range is looking pretty clean so far.

Eat Dirt
01-01-2014, 6:06 PM
Back By Popular Demand...............

Next Bee Canyon Clean-Up

JANUARY 25 / 8 :00 AM

Canyon # 1

chknlyps2
01-01-2014, 8:13 PM
I will be there with truck, trash cans and tools!

cbsdd00
01-02-2014, 8:58 AM
I'm down. I live on the west side of Hemet. I don't have a truck though. Any way I could get a ride with someone? I have rakes and trash bins I could bring.

inbox485
01-02-2014, 9:15 AM
I'm down. I live on the west side of Hemet. I don't have a truck though. Any way I could get a ride with someone? I have rakes and trash bins I could bring.

Unless you are in a lowered sports car, you won't need a truck. Worst case the initial road is always well maintained, and you could hitch a ride or jog in the other 200 yards or so. I went all the way up to shotgun flats in my civic last week.

p220nut
01-02-2014, 7:46 PM
I am in for helping! lmk what we need?

retired
01-03-2014, 6:40 PM
I will be there with my truck. I really can't do much as far as cleaning because of my injuries, but I can use my truck for transporting the trash to the dumpsters at the ranger station.

Eat Dirt
01-05-2014, 1:33 PM
Thanks for Joining in Retired..........

Always can use a Supervisor !!!

Eat Dirt
01-07-2014, 9:17 PM
Next Canyon Clean-Up

SATURDAY jANUARY 25

beneeeblanco
01-10-2014, 10:12 PM
New to the forums, interested in helping out never been to Bee Canyon but will be making a trip on the 15th, I would be glad to help on the 25th I have a truck, if anyone can message me with info thanks. Benny.

Eat Dirt
01-11-2014, 6:09 AM
New to the forums, interested in helping out never been to Bee Canyon but will be making a trip on the 15th, I would be glad to help on the 25th I have a truck, if anyone can message me with info thanks. Benny.

Welcome New Guy !!
Nice way to start on the forum by Helping at a Clean-Up

There are dumpsters nearby we take the trash to
and I bring a bunch of " Brute 'trashcans

The canyons are off Hwy 74 / East of Hemet

beneeeblanco
01-11-2014, 9:18 AM
Welcome New Guy !!
Nice way to start on the forum by Helping at a Clean-Up

There are dumpsters nearby we take the trash to
and I bring a bunch of " Brute 'trashcans

The canyons are off Hwy 74 / East of Hemet

Sounds good to me, see you guys there.

ColtShooter
01-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Am I jumping ahead to be a little worried about the weather. Seems like it hasn't rained in a VERY long time and I know in the past, they've closed it down for a few weeks.

beneeeblanco
01-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Am I jumping ahead to be a little worried about the weather. Seems like it hasn't rained in a VERY long time and I know in the past, they've closed it down for a few weeks.

Let's hope that's not the case, don't want my first time going to be cancelled because of no rain.

Eat Dirt
01-12-2014, 8:10 PM
Bump'in this up

The canyons have seen a Lot of Action lately and NEED some

Clean-Up Help

Delfuego
01-12-2014, 8:53 PM
Next Canyon Clean-Up

SATURDAY jANUARY 25

My kids have me in soccer hell, but I should be able to attend.

Sent from my AT300 using Tapatalk 2

Eat Dirt
01-12-2014, 9:27 PM
My kids have me in soccer hell, but I should be able to attend.

Outstanding !

Glad to have you there My Friend

I'll bring the usuall Trash Cans / Rakes/ Tools

Eat Dirt
01-13-2014, 9:20 PM
Time to get the Clean-Up list going

1. Eat Dirt
2. Chknlyps2
3. retired
4. Cbsdd00
5 P220nut
6. beneeblanco
7. Delfuego

VintageDUG
01-14-2014, 12:00 AM
1. Eat Dirt
2. Chknlyps2
3. retired
4. Cbsdd00
5 P220nut
6. beneeblanco
7. Delfuego
8. VintageDUG/crew and big azz truck

Eat Dirt
01-14-2014, 8:31 AM
^^ Outstanding !!!!! :thumbsup:

kick Z tail out
01-15-2014, 12:20 PM
I'm amazed they even opened it given the way everyone is freaking out about the lack of rain/critical fuel moistures. Rightfully so for once.

I'm glad they're letting you guys shoot though. Hopefully I can get out there again one of these days. I used to shoot in there 20 times a season. Haven't been in there for 3 years. Busy with the kids, and at times can't even spare any cash for ammo to play.

Having a fire extinguisher and/or shovel would probably be a good idea for anybody to have on hand should they feel so led. This season in particular, the conditions are going to continue to be ripe for a fire all the way through what is normally safe shooting season. I'd hate to see another "shooter sparked" wildland fire, especially a gigantic one that is very possible. For all we know it could be the death-nail on shooting in Bee Canyon.

beneeeblanco
01-15-2014, 10:24 PM
So I went to bee canyon today for the first time, it was pretty disgusting I wasn't expecting it to be as bad as it was. I tried to clean up the best I could but was totally unprepared for the amount of trash their was.

Eat Dirt
01-15-2014, 11:13 PM
If we could get enough 'Help'
I know we could do Canyon # 1

Would be Nice if we do some work on Canyon 2 Also

chknlyps2
01-16-2014, 7:59 AM
If we could get enough 'Help'
I know we could do Canyon # 1

Would be Nice if we do some work on Canyon 2 Also

Will there be enough room in the dumpsters for both?

Eat Dirt
01-17-2014, 7:56 PM
Will there be enough room in the dumpsters for both?

Maybe if I get in and Jump up and down :cool:

chknlyps2
01-17-2014, 8:55 PM
Maybe if I get in and Jump up and down :cool:
Hahaha..... ya I have tried that before, does not do that much. All the raked up small bits pack pretty well just by dumping them in.

metalstorm999
01-17-2014, 11:46 PM
1. Eat Dirt
2. Chknlyps2
3. retired
4. Cbsdd00
5 P220nut
6. beneeblanco
7. Delfuego
8. VintageDUG/crew and big azz truck
9. Metalstorm999

VintageDUG
01-21-2014, 5:35 PM
My group will be at least 6 and as many as 10.

We are meeting at the ranger station at 0745 to park our cars and will car pool back in my deuce and half. If anyone else wants to park their shiny car off site and ride back with us you are welcome.

Also, will there be anyone who has a good working knowledge of the China SKS there? I have one from the black Friday sales that I cleaned up but has a small problem - when you pull the trigger, nothing happens. So if someone could look at it quick and maybe point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

See you all Saturday!

Eat Dirt
01-21-2014, 5:46 PM
My group will be at least 6 and as many as 10.
Also, will there be anyone who has a good working knowledge of the China SKS there? I have one from the black Friday sales that I cleaned up but has a small problem - when you pull the trigger, nothing happens. So if someone could look at it quick and maybe point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

See you all Saturday!

Outstanding !!

O K / I'll bring a Big Hammer

Tommy Guns
01-21-2014, 8:29 PM
Please add me to clean-up list: Tommy Guns

VintageDUG
01-22-2014, 10:50 AM
Please add me to clean-up list: Tommy Guns

1. Eat Dirt
2. Chknlyps2
3. retired
4. Cbsdd00
5 P220nut
6. beneeblanco
7. Delfuego
8. VintageDUG/crew of 12 so far and big azz truck
9. Metalstorm999
10. Tommy Guns

chknlyps2
01-22-2014, 11:20 AM

See you all Saturday!

Bring it, I will bring one of mine and we can pull the trigger groups out and compare. I know you should cock then put on safe before taking apart..... possibly your trigger was pulled while apart and will not reset???? I don't know but we can look at them both and compare.

Edit: Eat Dirt will have his hammer so we are good on tools.

Eat Dirt
01-22-2014, 1:41 PM
Yesterday I Pulled out from Canyon # 2 A Panasonsic 37 ' wall mount TV
So...It was shot up just a little
NoThing a little Duct Tape won't fix

It got a free ride to the dumpster

mrlonewolf
01-22-2014, 3:37 PM
Thanks for all your efforts.

Have fun this weekend guys... :D

richardfl3
01-23-2014, 6:33 AM
Please add me +1 to the list!

VintageDUG
01-23-2014, 6:37 AM
Please add me +1 to the list!

1. Eat Dirt
2. Chknlyps2
3. retired
4. Cbsdd00
5. P220nut
6. beneeblanco
7. Delfuego
8. VintageDUG/crew of 12 so far and big azz truck
9. Metalstorm999
10. Tommy Guns
11. richardffl3 +1

VintageDUG
01-23-2014, 11:19 AM
I just added myself.

Now you're there twice.

cbsdd00
01-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Anyone wanna meet up and grab some food before we go out there?

richardfl3
01-24-2014, 6:23 AM
If you are gonna meet up for food may I suggest Hangar 1 cafe at Hemet Airport!! Bambi takes great care of us and has good food!! Just saying!! She opens at 0630

chknlyps2
01-24-2014, 9:41 AM
Anyone wanna meet up and grab some food before we go out there?

Well I come down from up on the mountain so I turn in to the canyon before I even hit flat ground, if I came from the other direction I would gladly meet.

xTheMeanBeanx
01-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone, I'm new to the site. Hell, I'm new to guns in general. Just got my first handgun (Glock 17) this week. I was just looking for an outdoor place to shoot and stumbled across this thread. Great to see people doing there part to keep the places like this open. I wish I could go help out tomorrow but I have prior plans. I'll keep an eye out for future clean ups. Thank you for your efforts.

retired
01-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Now you're there twice.

Yeah, I see I missed my name when I skimmed the list. I deleted it, but I'll just go ahead and supervise twice as much anyway.:D

Eat Dirt
01-24-2014, 3:25 PM
Yeah, I see I missed my name when I skimmed the list. I deleted it, but I'll just go ahead and supervise twice as much anyway.:D

Jeez......... How many stripes do you have on those sleeve's now !!!!!

A Early Breakfast sounds Good But I'm on the East end of the valley
And
I want to get out there before The Sun hits the Sand !!!

Also ,, Talked to Double-Check Manager ( Dave )
He said we can Drop a few trash cans at the dumpster at his place ...:D

VintageDUG
01-24-2014, 5:13 PM
I heard a rumor the canyons are closed for shooting. Anyone else heard this?

Eat Dirt
01-24-2014, 5:27 PM

I just called the " Auto-Mated" system

Tomorrow :::Shooting till 1:00 PM / 13:00 HRS............:thumbsup::thumbsup:

chknlyps2
01-24-2014, 6:33 PM

I just called the " Auto-Mated" system

Tomorrow :::Shooting till 1:00 PM / 13:00 HRS............:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yup, I called just before I read this.... 1 PM tomorrow. With all the help showing up the dumpsters will be full before 10..... even double checks. I can take a couple cans home also as long as nothing blows out. I already have the empty cans loaded and tied down.

VintageDUG, bring your SKS and we can swap trigger groups and see if your will fire with mine in it, I can change them out in about a minute.

VintageDUG
01-24-2014, 6:50 PM
Yup, I called just before I read this.... 1 PM tomorrow. With all the help showing up the dumpsters will be full before 10..... even double checks. I can take a couple cans home also as long as nothing blows out. I already have the empty cans loaded and tied down.

VintageDUG, bring your SKS and we can swap trigger groups and see if your will fire with mine in it, I can change them out in about a minute.

Got the SKS on the list. Also have the new AK pistol and some 22s for plinking.

I appreciate your help.

We will be there between 8 and 8:30.

Oh and I have a bunch of trash bags too.

Delfuego
01-25-2014, 3:19 AM
I will be there a bit late around 9 because I have to go to Fontana to pick up my wife from work.

Sorry,

Delfuego

montana
01-25-2014, 3:41 AM
I was going to go but got stuck working tonight... If I can manage not to crash out when I get home I may be able to get up there sometime around 9 or 10.

Delfuego
01-25-2014, 1:45 PM
There were a lot of people out helping today. Eatdirt and others will be posting pictures soon. AWESOME JOB CALGUNS!!!!!

p220nut
01-25-2014, 5:02 PM
first three pic's are before - last two are after, Thanks to all that showed up to help! Hat's off to Eat Dirt for setting it all up :D
if we don't who will?
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u524/p220nut/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/eff208d5-82cf-434f-ab0c-28d45b4b88a5_zps0e73a92e.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/p220nut/media/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/eff208d5-82cf-434f-ab0c-28d45b4b88a5_zps0e73a92e.jpg.html)
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u524/p220nut/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/6913b106-7590-4759-a686-f3ba44b63c25_zps8eb9d9a7.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/p220nut/media/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/6913b106-7590-4759-a686-f3ba44b63c25_zps8eb9d9a7.jpg.html)
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u524/p220nut/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/96390d2b-a60a-42df-a23e-37b5d204fc80_zps35e9e26f.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/p220nut/media/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/96390d2b-a60a-42df-a23e-37b5d204fc80_zps35e9e26f.jpg.html)
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u524/p220nut/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/Beecanyoncleanup1-25-14010_zps33ba41ff.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/p220nut/media/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/Beecanyoncleanup1-25-14010_zps33ba41ff.jpg.html)
http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u524/p220nut/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/Beecanyoncleanup1-25-14008_zpsc5e5264d.jpg (http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/p220nut/media/Bee%20canyon%20clean%20up%201-25-14/Beecanyoncleanup1-25-14008_zpsc5e5264d.jpg.html)

Eat Dirt
01-25-2014, 8:01 PM
What A Great Day !!!

One of the Best Bee Canyon Clean-Ups !!!

We got Canyon # 1 and Canyon # 2 ( I think they were the worst in the area )

A Heard of Helpers / Looked like a Small Army invadeing the Canyons
I want to Personally Thank everyone that came out and helped
What a GREAT bunch of people
There is a Group picture / But some had to leave early and did not get in
And also Missed some of the stack of Pizza's my Wife brought out

And " Retired' got his Daily Doughtnut!!!

Here's the Days pictures of the EVENT ::

Canyon # 1 Dirty :
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Cal-GunCleanup004_zpsaeca27a4.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Cal-GunCleanup004_zpsaeca27a4.jpg.html)

The Clean-Up:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Cal-GunCleanup005_zpsd5fd68d7.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Cal-GunCleanup005_zpsd5fd68d7.jpg.html)

The Road In ::
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Cal-GunCleanup008_zps0a89d1e6.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Cal-GunCleanup008_zps0a89d1e6.jpg.html)

The Group Picture :

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Cal-GunCleanup015_zps851d71c7.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Cal-GunCleanup015_zps851d71c7.jpg.html)

The Results
Canyon # 1
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Cal-GunCleanup016_zps96464820.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Cal-GunCleanup016_zps96464820.jpg.html)

Canyon # 2
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Cal-GunCleanup018_zps8aaae7f6.jpg (http://s51.photobucket.com/user/eatdirt76/media/Cal-GunCleanup018_zps8aaae7f6.jpg.html)

cbsdd00
01-26-2014, 8:18 AM
I'm glad i could be part of this effort. It was nice to meet fellow cal-gunners. I'm looking forward to future clean ups.

Tommy Guns
01-26-2014, 1:31 PM
Thanks "EAT DIRT" and all you others that put this together. It was great to meet all of you-looking forward to the next time!

fyrstomper
01-26-2014, 8:45 PM
Thanks Eatdirt I enjoyed working with other Calgun folks cleaning up the range. I also enjoyed shooting both of your vintage firearms the 38 pistol and the mosin nigat. Thanks again to all the folks that made it out to the clean up. your friend Fyrstomper

CalSeabeeVet
01-27-2014, 9:24 PM
I missed the clean up this Saturday. Still kinda feeling my way around the forums and I missed this one. I live in Hemet. Can I get some directions to Bee Canyon, please? I'd like to check the place out. Thanks

retired
01-28-2014, 9:49 PM
Eat Dirt advised me that he and his wife went thru the area in his Rhino. There were a group of people in the first canyon we cleaned (IIRC, it was this one, not #2). When they returned, they found shotgun hulls, empty shotgun shell boxes and about 20 empty beer bottles. Some people, huh.:mad:

VanBraamB
02-10-2014, 11:06 PM
Sorry guys I am new to the forums. I wish I could have helped clean up , this place looks like a fun place to shoot.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to get here ? Ill make sure I bring my work gloves and a box of hefty bags.
And please Put me down at the top of the list for the next clean up.

richardfl3
02-15-2014, 8:22 PM
Went out today with 8 members of my family. Had a great time. Sadly there was lots of trash in the canyons. We pulled out a tv and a bunch of trash. All in all a good time.

Eat Dirt
02-15-2014, 8:34 PM
Went out today with 8 members of my family. Had a great time. Sadly there was lots of trash in the canyons. We pulled out a tv and a bunch of trash. All in all a good time.

Thanks.... for helping get rid of some of the Crud out there

Glad your family group had a good time / That's what it's all about

RickKaz
03-10-2014, 8:20 PM
This is why it's so important to keep our public ranges clean. Great job by Cal Guns in educating shooters on this and arranging clean up days.

http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/perris/perris-headlines-index/20140310-perris-trash-threatens-steele-peak-shooting-area.ece

Single Six
03-10-2014, 8:26 PM
Way to go guys, keep it up. Wish I wasn't several hours away.

Eat Dirt
05-13-2014, 9:44 PM
Time To Get Another Canyon Clean-Up Going

Saturday ,, May 24 /// 8:00 am

It's been a while and the Canyons have been staying somewhat Good shape
I've been telling people I meet out there where the Dumpsters are . More people are useing them

But.....Not all
And Canyon # 1 is adding up again ................

Single Six
05-14-2014, 9:23 AM
I might come back up for the cleanup...esp if DUG brings the deuce. ;-)

kirtan3006
05-14-2014, 2:12 PM
Hi 1st post ever. usf rep told us about your site
we will have one employee coming to clean up
but when is the next one so we can plan
further ahead. any on a sunday early morning
since we all work 6 days a week
their is 4-6 in our little group.
thanks