PDA

View Full Version : Official 'Bee Canyon' Clean-up site!!.// Canyons OPEN Nov 12 , 2015

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

tincan53
05-04-2012, 3:23 PM
You bring the donuts, I have a thermos, we got it made in the shade!

Eat Dirt
05-04-2012, 3:32 PM
You bring the donuts, I have a thermos, we got it made in the shade!

But them we'll need a nap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

tincan53
05-04-2012, 3:42 PM
Not after drinking my coffee! We'll have the site cleaned, the brass polished and the rest spit-shined by the time anyone else shows! NAVY COFFEE!!

Eat Dirt
05-04-2012, 6:11 PM
Not after drinking my coffee! We'll have the site cleaned, the brass polished and the rest spit-shined by the time anyone else shows! NAVY COFFEE!!

Then , This ones for you :

Now hear this
Now hear this
All sweepers man your brooms
sweep all hallways coridoors and passage ways
sweep fore to aft
That will be all .................

tincan53
05-05-2012, 8:16 AM
Been awhile since I heard that! LOL!

Let me see if I remember correctly:

Reveille, reveille.
All hands heave out and trice up
Smoking lamp is lit in all authorized spaces (Now that's dating myself!)
Sweepers sweepers man your broom, give the ship a clean sweep down both fore and aft
Dump all trash clear of the stern (U/W) (or) in receptacles provided for on the pier
Mess line is now open watch reliefs to the head of the line

Now Reveille!

tincan53
05-05-2012, 8:20 AM
Hey Eat, PM sent.

Eat Dirt
05-05-2012, 9:32 AM
Well Here's the " BEFORE " picture taken a few days ago ::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/005-5.jpg

chknlyps2
05-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Well Here's the " BEFORE " picture taken a few days ago ::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/005-5.jpg

I like the after pictures better!

repubconserv
05-05-2012, 2:28 PM
Ron, There was a change of plans with vehicle arrangements in my family. Turns out I am bringing the big truck after all :D

This is gonna be fun

chknlyps2
05-05-2012, 7:22 PM
I just checked, the activity level is 1 for sunday the 6th, so shooting all day ;)

Eat Dirt
05-05-2012, 8:19 PM
I just checked, the activity level is 1 for sunday the 6th, so shooting all day ;)

And the dumpsters are almost empty just waiting for US...................

It was Really calm out there today / Not too many shooters

chknlyps2
05-05-2012, 8:27 PM
And the dumpsters are almost empty just waiting for US...................

It was Really calm out there today / Not too many shooters

I called Cranston just before 5 today and the guy said yesterday they were empty. I already have targets, toys, cans, rake and pitchforks in the truck.

DavidR310
05-06-2012, 7:29 AM
See you all there. Leavin in 1hr from temecula.

DavidR310
05-06-2012, 1:30 PM
Some pics for Eat Dirt n' Friends.

Nice to meet you alll. Now it's time to get ready for the OHOD trip!:D

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/Davidr310/Bee%20Canyon%20Cleanup%205-6-12/DSC01078.jpg
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/Davidr310/Bee%20Canyon%20Cleanup%205-6-12/DSC01076.jpg
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/Davidr310/Bee%20Canyon%20Cleanup%205-6-12/DSC01075.jpg
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/Davidr310/Bee%20Canyon%20Cleanup%205-6-12/DSC01074.jpg
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy242/Davidr310/Bee%20Canyon%20Cleanup%205-6-12/DSC01073.jpg

Eat Dirt
05-06-2012, 4:04 PM
What a GREAT day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the help from the Cal-Gun Volunteers we were able to clean
Not 1 ...........Not 2 ......... But 3 Canyons Cleaned

That's right ....With all that Great Help ( Elbow-grease )
We Hit it Hard and Fast ...................
And still had some time to " Plink "

After we were done and I was at another canyon . The LEO Ranger came by and asked how it went !
I told her that we got 3 Canyons DONE .......
She had to go see for herself and came right back to Thank me and ALL the Cal-Gun Volunteers who made this happen
She will tell the 'Higher Ups ' So this will not go un-noticed what an effort the Cal-Gun people are doing to keep areas like Bee Canyon OPEN for a long time

Again I want to Give a Big THANKS to the people who came out on a Sunday Morning to help clean others peoples trash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/006-3.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/008-2.jpg

Eat Dirt
05-06-2012, 4:08 PM
Here's some CLEAN Canyon pictures !!!!!!!!!!!!

The AFTER .......................

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/013-1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/010-2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/009.jpg

tincan53
05-06-2012, 5:31 PM
To all Cal Gunners that were out at Bee Canyon cleaning today, Linda and I had a great time meeting all of you! Felt good to get out there and clean up the mess then do some plinking. Looking forward to doing it again.

I'll bring the coffee again. I'll try to remember the sugar and creamer as well.

chknlyps2
05-06-2012, 8:09 PM
My kids and I had fun, thanks to all that helped. Here are a couple pics that I took.

Calguns brand trash cans.
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/SANY0242.jpg

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/SANY0240.jpg

2 totaly full dumpsters after the second trip
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/SANY0243.jpg

SoCal Choppas
05-07-2012, 1:36 AM
Wow..GREAT TURN OUT! and good job peeps!

Eat Dirt
05-10-2012, 5:20 PM
Hey Guys ,,,

Again I just want to say THANKS to All that made this happen
I've been told that these canyons are the Cleanest they have been in Years

So .

I went and had some signs made up :::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/012-1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/015.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/013-2.jpg

Changalang
05-10-2012, 6:44 PM
that is awesome. where can i get those?

Eat Dirt
05-10-2012, 8:06 PM

I had them made up at a local Curry - Copy here in Hemet
They are on a cardboard material
Curry-Copy Center
1915 E. Flordia
951-652-4906

The counter Gal was Great !!!!
I took in a Cal-Gun sticker , told her what I wanted and she sent me a proof via E-Mail in few hours
I picked up a sheet of 4 by 4:00

Ron-Solo
05-10-2012, 8:12 PM
Nice signs! Hope they last!

drifter2be
05-10-2012, 9:02 PM
Nice signs. Unfortunately I would all but guarantee that the jerks that go out their and leave their trash will probably shoot up the signs as well.

Eat Dirt
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Nice signs. Unfortunately I would all but guarantee that the jerks that go out their and leave their trash will probably shoot up the signs as well.

I Know .............I know .................

But ,,,,,,,,,,,Maybe . Just maybe it will make a differance

If one group of shooters sees the signs and then cleans up after themselfs , Well the sign did it's job

I'll see what happens over this weekend

cbsdd00
05-11-2012, 1:29 PM
Just went out there this morning and the signs were still there. I'm down to help with a clean up if you guys ever do it during the week. I always works weekends.

jhoveln
05-13-2012, 9:45 PM
My work schedule has changed and I now work both Sat and Sun. :-( I'm always willing to help on a Thu or Fri.

chknlyps2
05-14-2012, 9:11 PM
Heads up to all that are going out to the canyon, it is getting warmer and dryer, the activity level for today 5/14 was a 3 and tomorrow 5/15 is a 3 also which means no shooting past 1PM. I am sure it will go back to all day when we get some June Gloom weather.

Eat Dirt
05-14-2012, 10:56 PM

P M me .......There is a member in Riverside willing to make some up :thumbsup:

stilly
05-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Best time to shoot is in the morning anyways IMO...

FWIW, ever since I purchased a Deagle I got into reloading and now it is just habit to grab every piece of brass I see that is not .22.

As far as leaving trash behind, only the stuff that is quick to break down like clay pigeons.

I wonder if the rangers were able to install garbage bins or something midway down if more people would throw their garbage into them instead of leaving it all behind. Then of course all the RBSOB would start showing up and chucking all kinds of crap in there too so nevermind I see why...

Eat Dirt
05-19-2012, 5:17 PM
Best time to shoot is in the morning anyways IMO...

FWIW, ever since I purchased a Deagle I got into reloading and now it is just habit to grab every piece of brass I see that is not .22.

As far as leaving trash behind, only the stuff that is quick to break down like clay pigeons.

I wonder if the rangers were able to install garbage bins or something midway down if more people would throw their garbage into them instead of leaving it all behind. Then of course all the RBSOB would start showing up and chucking all kinds of crap in there too so nevermind I see why...

I've posted a couple of times where the dumpsters are over at Cranston Ranger Station .

I try to contact people when they are shooting at tell them FTF where the dumpsters are

Today I met a huge group that was from Long Beach (, They were having a bachelor party....... Shooting first ........Then Party tonight )
They came all the way from Long Beach . The reserved a spot at Burros Range but when they got there ...They were told they were sold out

I met them as they were setting up and told them where the dumpsters were
Not only did they clean thier mess when done ...They took out a few boxes of other stuff ............ :thumbsup:

Eat Dirt
05-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Our Efforts are working !!!!!

I was up in the canyons today and met up with 2 of the OHV ( Off Highway Vehicle ) guys were on patrol
One of them was the main guy
They asked if I was the one who installed the signs
They thought it was Great !!!!!!
They noticed how much cleaner it is out there and Wanted me to pass along a 'Thanks " to the Cal-Gun people who made all this happen

Sounds like our efforts are making a differance

bryanjohn
05-21-2012, 8:01 AM
I would like to thank the Calguns clean up crew for their hard work.
If it wasn't for you doing these clean ups there is a good chance that area would have been shut down for ever.

MP330
05-23-2012, 8:17 PM
EatDirt and CalGuns,

First of all, let me THANK YOU for your efforts!!!

I am the Liaison Coordinator for the Adopt-A-Trail program in the San Bernardino National Forest. We have about 4000 volunteers that survey and maintain roads and trails throughout the SBNF.

A couple years back, I personally surveyed all the roads/trails in the San Jacinto Mtn range, of which were reported to the aforementioned Dave Bentley.

Bee Canyon was a point of interest due to the "1 percent-ers" that do not care about preserving the longevity of their available recreation spots. Sadly, they will be the first people to react negatively if/when it is ever closed. It is organizations like yours that will work hard to press the system to keep the views of our recreations in balance.

This is why I want to commend you on your pro-active actions. It is these efforts that you have coordinated, that will help preserve what we have left.

About 6 weeks ago, I purchased my first 'real' handgun. I visited Bee Canyon a few times and hauled out a lot more crap than what I hauled in, including 2 5-gallon buckets full of brass.

Yesterday, I presented my wife with her Birthday gift and we went shooting. After which, we began to survey 5S09. I'd like to THANK YOU FOR PROVING ME WRONG!!! Enroute to 5S09, my wife and I came across your signs reflecting your previous efforts to clean up the last 3 box canyons in Bee Canyon.

Great job and Thank you!!!

The AAT program is the driving force to not only maintain roads and trails, but also to maintain the provision for accessibility to all other recreations. I will try to get of work off to join you guys on the work day.

If you ever feel the urge to continue your efforts in maintaining and outreaching for responsible recreation, I would love for you to follow up with me to discuss what potential you have in the AAT program.

(This is being forwarded Greg Hoffman, the OHV Programs Manger of the San Bernardino National Forest.)

Sincerely,
Michael P

chknlyps2
05-23-2012, 9:08 PM
EatDirt and CalGuns,

First of all, let me THANK YOU for your efforts!!!

I am the Liaison Coordinator for the Adopt-A-Trail program in the San Bernardino National Forest. We have about 4000 volunteers that survey and maintain roads and trails throughout the SBNF.

A couple years back, I personally surveyed all the roads/trails in the San Jacinto Mtn range, of which were reported to the aforementioned Dave Bentley.

Bee Canyon was a point of interest due to the "1 percent-ers" that do not care about preserving the longevity of their available recreation spots. Sadly, they will be the first people to react negatively if/when it is ever closed. It is organizations like yours that will work hard to press the system to keep the views of our recreations in balance.

This is why I want to commend you on your pro-active actions. It is these efforts that you have coordinated, that will help preserve what we have left.

About 6 weeks ago, I purchased my first 'real' handgun. I visited Bee Canyon a few times and hauled out a lot more crap than what I hauled in, including 2 5-gallon buckets full of brass.

Yesterday, I presented my wife with her Birthday gift and we went shooting. After which, we began to survey 5S09. I'd like to THANK YOU FOR PROVING ME WRONG!!! Enroute to 5S09, my wife and I came across your signs reflecting your previous efforts to clean up the last 3 box canyons in Bee Canyon.

Great job and Thank you!!!

The AAT program is the driving force to not only maintain roads and trails, but also to maintain the provision for accessibility to all other recreations. I will try to get of work off to join you guys on the work day.

If you ever feel the urge to continue your efforts in maintaining and outreaching for responsible recreation, I would love for you to follow up with me to discuss what potential you have in the AAT program.

(This is being forwarded Greg Hoffman, the OHV Programs Manger of the San Bernardino National Forest.)

Sincerely,
Michael P

Welcome to Calguns! Thanks for the kind words, it is nice to hear that from someone in your position and I am sure all of us that have helped clean the canyons feel good that it is being noticed.

It's funny when you are driving to the dumpsters with a full load of trash there are always people shooting in other canyons that stop and look, take a double take look again and point. I have wondered what they think, are they bringing it or taking it away? Now that Eat Dirt made the signs it will be evident to them what is happening.

I talked to Eat Dirt the other day and were thinking of another clean up before it gets hot. Bring your new gun and have some fun with us shooting after we clean up a bit. I have met a bunch of nice people and everyone always brings something different to shoot and share.

repubconserv
05-23-2012, 9:21 PM
@mp330, Please do come join us for a clean up/plinking day that would be fun

Eat Dirt
05-23-2012, 10:04 PM
MP330 ,
Great to have you here .
I want to Thank You for all the nice words but I couldn't of done these clean -up without the People of Cal-Guns who Volunteer their time , use up their gas . and put in the sweat and elbow grease to get this done

Like 'Chklynps' who comes out with his kids all the way from Anza . other members from Temecula , Riverside and beyond have came out here to lend a hand to show what they can do to perserve a Jem of a shooting area .
To show to others that people in the shooting commiunity are concerned about the land and what happens to it
I've met some people out there that think it's their right to have a place like this ,, But in reality
it's a privilege to have a spot like Bee Canyon

retired
05-24-2012, 12:43 AM
I would also like to thank you MP330 for the kind words. Although the canyon is getting cleaned slowly by surely by the efforts of Calguns members, I would like it to be known (tho he may protest) that RON (Eat Dirt) is the one who is responsible for organizing these various cleanups. He has also built up a rapport with the Rangers and Forest Service personnel from the nearby Forest Service Station. They now know us to be the type of responsible people and shooters who want to ensure Bee Canyon remains open for all.

He has been shooting in Bee Canyon for over 30 years (which makes him a bit on the older side:D) and he has seen the changes that have occurred during this time. It has been his unselfish efforts that have led to our members not only discovering this shooting area, but pitching in to try and keep it clean.

Kudos RON for your hard efforts!

Eat Dirt
05-28-2012, 8:50 AM
He has been shooting in Bee Canyon for over 30 years (which makes him a bit on the older side:D) and he has seen the changes that have occurred during this time. It has been his unselfish efforts that have led to our members not only discovering this shooting area, but pitching in to try and keep it clean.

Kudos RON for your hard efforts!

Hey ,,,,,,,,What's with this " On the older side" ??
Just cause I remember watching the T.V. in Black and White :eek:

What I do out there and on the forum is because I enjoy it / Not looking for any name in the paper stuff

Nothing like seeing a Father with his son out there / Teaching him or her how to shoot
Even seen Grandparents out there with the Young'ins

Thanks Bill !

Eat Dirt
05-28-2012, 8:54 AM
Well.......About time to get another Canyon Clean-Up going

How About

Saturday.......June 9 th .....9:00 AM

I'm sure Canyon # 1 could use some 'Help"
Pleanty of parking at that one !!
Closer to the dumpsters at the Ranger station

chknlyps2
05-28-2012, 9:19 AM

How About

I'm sure Canyon # 1 could use some 'Help"
Pleanty of parking at that one !!
Closer to the dumpsters at the Ranger station

Count me in! More parking is good, if there are as many cars as last time at least we won't need an air traffic controler ;)

DavidR310
05-28-2012, 1:30 PM
My gf and I are in.

Just came back from shooting at canyon 1 and took out 2 bags of trash, a couple of bowling pins, a steel plate, some plywood and a 5ft 2x4 and still didn't make a dent.:mad:

EdgarCervantes
05-29-2012, 12:29 AM
Anyone near LA have an extra seat? I would love to go help clean but I cannot afford to travel such a distance in my gas guzzler :/

Eat Dirt
05-29-2012, 6:57 AM
The Forestry is Really taking notice what Cal-Gun Volunteers have done in Bee Canyon

Sunday ( May 29th )

Here's the link to the story ::
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=8661102#post8661102

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/004-5.jpg

Eat Dirt
05-31-2012, 10:44 PM

How About

Next SATURDAY it is ........................

Anyone else coming out ............................

socalbowhunter
06-01-2012, 9:15 PM
I'll be there.

jamesweed
06-01-2012, 9:30 PM
@ eatdirt.. can a car make it back to the first canyon? thinking about going tomorrow!

Eat Dirt
06-01-2012, 9:32 PM
@ eatdirt.. can a car make it back to the first canyon? thinking about going tomorrow!

Yes /// 100 %

first 2 canyons are smooth all the way

The road was just smoothed out for the big rigs to take out the harvest of the Grapefruit trees above

jamesweed
06-01-2012, 9:38 PM
Yes /// 100 %

first 2 canyons are smooth all the way

The road was just smoothed out for the big rigs to take out the harvest of the Grapefruit trees above

Thanks! looks like i will be heading that way over the scorching hot desert :D

chknlyps2
06-02-2012, 1:45 PM
So far for June 9th clean-up 9:00AM

Eat Dirt
chknlyps2 and a kid or 2
DavidR310 and girlfriend
socalbowhunter

Any other takers????

Eat Dirt will bring trash cans and hand tools, I will bring cans and hand tools and my truck to haul trash and I will try to bring a case of water.

funranger
06-03-2012, 11:12 AM
count me in!

Eat Dirt
06-03-2012, 11:22 AM
count me in!

THAT'S GREAT !!!!!!
The group is growing .....................

I'll bring a pop-up sun cover just in case

tincan53
06-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Ron,
Sorry that Linda and I will have to miss this clean up so I won't be bringing the coffee. We're right in the middle of tiling the house (what a freaking mess) plus our grandson is flying in from Texas Saturday. We'll be to the canyon shooting sometime while he's here and I can guarantee we'll be cleaning up after ourselves. I want him to see and use the canyons, but be responsible as well.

Have fun out there and be safe.

Tim

retired
06-06-2012, 1:21 AM
I'll be going again, but this time I'm only going to carry the trash cans to the dumpster with my truck and watch you guys dump the trash into the dumpster. No cleaning for me as the resulting back pain is too intense.:(

shootaholic
06-06-2012, 3:20 PM
My mom just had foot surgery last Thursday, If I can get out I will be there in my accord. So I wont be able to haul off much maybe brass.

chknlyps2
06-06-2012, 4:03 PM
My mom just had foot surgery last Thursday, If I can get out I will be there in my accord. So I wont be able to haul off much maybe brass.

No problem about haulling, Retired just posted he is bringing his truck and I am bringing mine. we just need help gathering all the bits and pieces of blown to heck crap into the cans. ;)

Eat Dirt
06-06-2012, 5:23 PM
I'll be going again, but this time I'm only going to carry the trash cans to the dumpster with my truck and watch you guys dump the trash into the dumpster. No cleaning for me as the resulting back pain is too intense.:(

Glad to have you out there Bill..
We can always use another 'Supervisor ';)

You're help we be greatly appericated

Single Six
06-07-2012, 10:01 AM
How long does a cleanup take? I have a long way to come and have to pick up a truck in Riverside first, wonder if there will be any cleaning left for me. I will have a truck and trailer/big winch, so plenty of hauling ability.

Eat Dirt
06-07-2012, 12:26 PM
How long does a cleanup take? I have a long way to come and have to pick up a truck in Riverside first, wonder if there will be any cleaning left for me. I will have a truck and trailer/big winch, so plenty of hauling ability.

We start at 9:00 or earlier if people show up before 9:00

Then usually done by noon
Weather should be Great !!

Most all the trash is small stuff / shot up targets.,,food wraper trash,,,empty ammo boxes..just plain 'ol shot up stuff

retired
06-07-2012, 3:50 PM
Eat Dirt didn't mention it, but he was driving his Rhino thru the canyon last weekend and saw a black pickup and two guys who were shooting at one of the canyons we had cleaned up. He went over and said hi and they hi'd him back.

He drove away and when he returned, he saw them driving away down the dirt road. As he drove by the canyon, he noted the signs had been shot up with a .45 and destroyed. He caught up with the guys and asked them about it. They first denied it and said they had been shot up when they arrived, but when he told them they were fine when he was there before, they admitted it and gave him money to replace the signs. Some people.:rolleyes: At least they gave him money so he could replace them.

metalstorm999
06-08-2012, 4:10 PM
Hey guys, I'll be there with the family around 8ish, Where do you normally meet? at canyon 1,2, or at the begining of the road? (Trying to avoid a parking dilemma)I will have my truck so I can haul some stuff to the dumpsters. Any other suggestions on stuff that might be needed?

Eat Dirt
06-08-2012, 4:26 PM
Hey guys, I'll be there with the family around 8ish, Where do you normally meet? at canyon 1,2, or at the begining of the road? (Trying to avoid a parking dilemma)I will have my truck so I can haul some stuff to the dumpsters. Any other suggestions on stuff that might be needed?

GREAT ...Glad To Have Ya .............

Someone did a little clean-up at No.1
So...........
Canyon # 2 NEEDS the help

Canyon # 2 it is !!!!!

We will park at Canyon #1 and # 2
I'll have caution cones and Signs out

metalstorm999
06-08-2012, 4:41 PM
Alright, sounds good! I will see you guys tomorrow!

metalstorm999
06-08-2012, 7:05 PM
Looks like a small brush fire broke out around there, any info about if it's near bee canyon? I went to riverside county fire incident page, and it says the fire is at 60 acres and it's location is at Indian creek rd. is that anywhere near bee canyon?

retired
06-08-2012, 8:30 PM
Per Eat Dirt, the fire is not affecting Bee Cyn., so we will be good to go tomorrow unless he updates this. The fire is on the Soboba reservation.

metalstorm999
06-08-2012, 8:33 PM
Ok, good news. We will see you out there.

retired
06-08-2012, 8:41 PM
Not if I don't see you first.;)

Eat Dirt
06-08-2012, 9:38 PM
Just got home from the Canyons
We went out to check on things
There was 2 Foresty Helio's was getting water from the ponds near Double-Check ( on the road going into the canyons )
Hung out for a while with a female Foresty person who was keeping a eye on the road ( keeping people out just in case )
But All is good for tomorrow

shootaholic
06-08-2012, 9:49 PM
When I got done fueling cdf planes at Hemet ryan pilots said, just mop up was left.

chknlyps2
06-08-2012, 9:55 PM
Activity level 1 for tomorrow so shooting all day. :D

DavidR310
06-09-2012, 2:25 AM
Will be there by 9 with a cooler full of cold drinks and water!

Chkn, I will be bringing the Steyr. :D

drifter2be
06-09-2012, 3:35 AM
One of these days I will have free time on the day of a clean-up. Was out there Thursday morning with my friend who is still relatively new to guns letting him shoot a few of mine. Was only in my Jetta wagon, but still loaded up and took out to hefty bags full of trash and cardboard from the less considerate people that use the canyon.

Eat Dirt
06-09-2012, 9:42 PM
WHAT A GREAT DAY ...........................

Here's how it started / Put a sign at the first gate before the sun came over the hills.
So people going by and people helping would know whats going on

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/005-6.jpg

Had a GREAT group of volunteers helping out today:

Chknlyps2 + Son + Daughter
retired
RFleacher
Metalstorm999 + Family
Stilly
DavidR310

Here's a picture of everybody working Hard !!
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/012-2.jpg

And the End Result !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/017-1.jpg

Eat Dirt
06-09-2012, 9:48 PM
Even had the LEO Ranger drop by for a Kodak Moment

She did an Official Presentation of the " Clean-Up Award "
So we had to do a Group shot

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/015-2.jpg

Single Six
06-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Hey, did you guys see that idiot trying to get in there with a trailer? :eek::whistling::D

Nice meeting and shooting with you guys, sorry we were too late for the cleanup. Lotsa miles, got home about 8.

Eat Dirt
06-09-2012, 10:19 PM
Hey, did you guys see that idiot trying to get in there with a trailer? :eek::whistling::D

Nice meeting and shooting with you guys, sorry we were too late for the cleanup. Lotsa miles, got home about 8.

I for one was Sure Glad you showd up
With all the good advice from one in your group
I wouldn't of shot the Colt Navy ( repo) Black power...........:D

repubconserv
06-10-2012, 12:00 AM
looks like it was a good clean-up day, and that canyon looks great!... If only I weren't in AZ...

I hope to see everyone on the next clean up day, and thank you again CGN volunteers!!!!

retired
06-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I arrived about a half hour early (9am was the scheduled time) and thought I'd read my book until people began showing up. Wrong. There were already about 6 people there busy cleaning up. Ron had been there since 7am, putting up the sign and setting out cones before the canyons so vehicles would be aware of our cars around the curve. Great work everyone.

No book next time, but hey Ron, where were the donuts this time. As a retired leo, I have a duty to eat at least one per month.:D

ETA: I don't recall who mentioned Temecula is forcing the businesses where Faith Armory is located to move due to a street extension, but I have an update. I called earlier and they said they were told they were to be out and in their new location by 12-11, so the city evidently isn't moving very fast. They don't know when the city will require them to move, so they are open for business as usual for now.

chknlyps2
06-10-2012, 8:48 PM
I had a great time this clean up, We haulled lots of trash and had a good time after.

Single Six, did you see the road I explained to you on your way home? I thought I was far enough ahead of you when I stoped a Lake Hemet Market that I could wait and pull out infront of you and point it out but the line was long and I saw you go by when I walked out the door.

Single Six
06-11-2012, 8:07 AM
Chkn, no, actually I missed it, busy keeping the truck and trailer in my lane, I did see the Cal Trans yard and Fire yard, but when I got home I looked it up on Google and found it - thanks! I picked up a canoe from my buddy last night and got our fishing licenses yesterday, next chance to get away, we're going to Lake Hemet.

socalbowhunter
06-11-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm sorry I missed it. I have a great excuse though. I'm a lazy idiot who overslept.

I'll make the next one, and I'll bring retired his donuts.

Eat Dirt
06-11-2012, 1:10 PM
I'm sorry I missed it. I have a great excuse though. I'm a lazy idiot who overslept.

I'll make the next one, and I'll bring retired his donuts.

You were there in 'Spirt'
Your signs are 'Working'........The ones we put up from the last Clean-up are still there / from 3 weeks ago

The one we put up yesterday is there ( Survied all the Sunday shooters )and the Canyon has No trash !!!!!( Yet)

Eat Dirt
06-15-2012, 8:45 AM
I guess Somebody didn't get the memo about keeping the canyon clean

Wife and I went out yesterday at dusk to let the dog run a little and check things out and the very canyon everybody put all the hard work into cleaning

This is what we found :::::
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/001-6.jpg

Looks like somebody had some stuff left over from the yard sale
It was All downrange with .45 holes in it
Now it's in the dumpster at the station

And the Clean-Up sign is still there

chknlyps2
06-15-2012, 9:52 AM

Wife and I went out yesterday at dusk to let the dog run a little and check things out and the very canyon everybody put all the hard work into cleaning

Some people :facepalm:

LOL, I see your dog in the background

chknlyps2
06-15-2012, 9:59 AM
Chkn, no, actually I missed it, busy keeping the truck and trailer in my lane, I did see the Cal Trans yard and Fire yard, but when I got home I looked it up on Google and found it - thanks! I picked up a canoe from my buddy last night and got our fishing licenses yesterday, next chance to get away, we're going to Lake Hemet.

Call lake hemet (951-659-2680) I don't think they let canoe's on the lake, they have had a sign up for 30+ years that I remember but they just changed management so check to make sure. Would hate to see you drive all that way and get sent home.

Single Six
06-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Call lake hemet (951-659-2680) I don't think they let canoe's on the lake, they have had a sign up for 30+ years that I remember but they just changed management so check to make sure. Would hate to see you drive all that way and get sent home.

You're right, thanks. Open kayaks, no canoes. Wonder why. If I was to get turned away, I'd just go find a place to shoot. :D

jamesweed
06-16-2012, 8:48 PM

This is what we found :::::
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/001-6.jpg

Pretty damn low to go dump crap like that with it painted on the rocks "PICK UP YOUR TRASH" the first 2 canyons are still looking nice.. was up at the way top canyon today and man its a mess i picked up what i could cram in the trunk of the car again and did not even make a dent in the crap, glad to see you making rounds in the rhino and waved back while you passed us till another day ill see you again in your trusty rhino!

forgiven
06-16-2012, 10:09 PM
Don't look like the word trash to me :D

Eat Dirt
06-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Pretty damn low to go dump crap like that with it painted on the rocks "PICK UP YOUR TRASH" the first 2 canyons are still looking nice.. was up at the way top canyon today and man its a mess i picked up what i could cram in the trunk of the car again and did not even make a dent in the crap, glad to see you making rounds in the rhino and waved back while you passed us till another day ill see you again in your trusty rhino!

Was that you guys at the Turn-out spot just after the Grade up the hill ??

You should of threw a shot-gun shell or something at me ......

Sometimes I get too into Hitt'in the trail in that Rhino ...Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
King Shocks are the only way to Fly...............

jamesweed
06-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Was that you guys at the Turn-out spot just after the Grade up the hill ??

You should of threw a shot-gun shell or something at me ......

Sometimes I get too into Hitt'in the trail in that Rhino ...Weeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
King Shocks are the only way to Fly...............

Yes that was us at the turnout on the grade in the car lol, i dont belive in throwing stuff at people or i maby would have haha.

yea you did look like you were having to much fun on the trail.. King shocks are one of the best on the market on a truck or a rhino, i bet that thing rides like a cloud!

Next time im out there and spot you i just might have to flag you down and BS for a bit.. and again so glad your out there to keep an eye on things!!!

jamesweed
06-17-2012, 12:38 PM
Don't look like the word trash to me :D

In the pic is does look like a different word haha, but it does say "pick up your trash!" ... :D

kruse44
06-24-2012, 11:46 AM
Getting kinda messing again, I have a couple guys wanting to go out and help clean up a couple canyons. I think I can get my dump trailer up there since its only 10ft trailer. If anyone is interested in helping send me a message I am trying organize a weekend morning.

chknlyps2
06-24-2012, 2:39 PM
Getting kinda messing again, I have a couple guys wanting to go out and help clean up a couple canyons. I think I can get my dump trailer up there since its only 10ft trailer. If anyone is interested in helping send me a message I am trying organize a weekend morning.

Eat Dirt was talking about maybe doing another clean up before it gets to hot. We have put stuff in the back of trucks and just got it out by hand or with a shovel and have found out the best way is 1 or 2 trucks and trash cans. The cans are much easier to fill, get to the truck and then empty at the dumpsters. 4 or 5 truck loads is about all the dumpsters will hold and they are only a mile down the pavement.

Eat Dirt
06-25-2012, 6:13 PM
Just got the word today .............

Because of Fire Season // Bee Canyon will be closed after this Friday

JUNE 29 // Last day to shoot

I called up today to check the shooting conditions and got the info.

The OHV Trails will still be open for Off-Roading

repubconserv
06-25-2012, 6:42 PM
Dang... Well, it's level 1 for tomorrow. I just might go out and put a few rounds down range

Thanks for the HU

wstcstjunkie
06-29-2012, 10:08 PM
How can we find out the status of Bee Canyon without having to drive there to check the signs? is there a specific range station to call or website we can check? Information would be greatly appreciated, lived in hemet for 30yrs now and just recently started going there for some target practice, now you say it's closed. Darn, I guess it's back to Iron Sights indoor range again.

Eat Dirt
06-29-2012, 10:16 PM
Bee Canyon Is CLOSED till we get some rain
Too Dry ...Too much fuel .....Too Hot

Did you see the fire up in Anza today ?

Better start learning how to do a 'Rain Dance"

For indoor shooting you might try this new place in Beaumont ::
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=575029

Delfuego
07-01-2012, 11:08 PM
How can we find out the status of Bee Canyon without having to drive there to check the signs? is there a specific range station to call or website we can check? Information would be greatly appreciated, lived in hemet for 30yrs now and just recently started going there for some target practice, now you say it's closed. Darn, I guess it's back to Iron Sights indoor range again.

You can check out this website for the information:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/sbnf/recreation/otheractivities/?recid=26225&actid=106

drifter2be
07-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Was pissed. Got all loaded up expecting the canyon to be open on Friday morning, was taking one of my buddies that rarely gets to shoot with me to try out the AR-15, get out there, and all the "No Target Shooting" signs are up. At least he drove the Wrangler so we took the trails up to Idyllwild, so the trip wasn't a complete waste. Guess it's back to paying range fees for me, at least for now.

Delfuego
07-01-2012, 11:14 PM

You can check out this website for the information:
http://www.fs.usda.gov/activity/sbnf/recreation/otheractivities/?recid=26225&actid=106

msand951
07-02-2012, 2:42 PM
Was, Bee Canyon on fire yesterday ? :(
We were on our way to Hemet lake and the road was closed . By the time we got there it looked like it was on the rangers side.

Eat Dirt
07-02-2012, 7:14 PM
Was, Bee Canyon on fire yesterday ? :(
We were on our way to Hemet lake and the road was closed . By the time we got there it looked like it was on the rangers side.

Close ..............Very Close
It was on the other side of the highway from where you turn into Bee Canyon

Some intelligent Person pulled off the road onto the shoulder going up to Idyllwild and thier catalytic converter started the fire

It burned all the way up the grade on the hillside up to that row of tall Italian Cypress

Looked like about 40 Acres went up

chknlyps2
07-02-2012, 8:13 PM
I always see those trees when I come down the hill. It's a steep climb up to them, I bet the fire moved fast.

Eat Dirt
07-02-2012, 9:56 PM
Here's a pic I took late yesterday afternoon

Looking south from the dirt road near Doublecheck

I heard today the total was 50 Acres burned

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/003-2.jpg

retired
07-03-2012, 12:52 AM

I don't know where you live, but besides the new Beumont range mentioned, there is Riverside Magnum off of Magnolia and Buchanan St. That is just west of Pierce St. The old owner of the range just bought it back. He also owns the the Magnum range in Rancho Cucamonga. When he owned it, I enjoyed shooting it.

aem
07-03-2012, 5:20 PM
I work on Saturdays but if you ever schedule a cleanup at Bee Canyon on a Sunday I can be there to help.

20TA02
07-03-2012, 10:11 PM
my wife and I are in on helping to clean Bee Canyon any day.

cindynles
07-08-2012, 6:11 PM
I don't know where you live, but besides the new Beumont range mentioned, there is Riverside Magnum off of Magnolia and Buchanan St. That is just west of Pierce St. The old owner of the range just bought it back. He also owns the the Magnum range in Rancho Cucamonga. When he owned it, I enjoyed shooting it.

Don't forget Rainbow Range and Pala. Rainbow is currently accepting new members.

MechEng
07-10-2012, 10:04 PM
I met Chknlyps this evening to work a deal on some reloading gear, and was glad to meet yet another great CG member.

He mentioned the Bee Canyon cleanup days, and I'd like to join in for the next one!!

Is the best way to just check this thread periodically??

Thanks,

MechEng

repubconserv
07-10-2012, 10:12 PM
I met Chknlyps this evening to work a deal on some reloading gear, and was glad to meet yet another great CG member.

He mentioned the Bee Canyon cleanup days, and I'd like to join in for the next one!!

Is the best way to just check this thread periodically??

Thanks,

MechEng

Cool! You can subscribe to this thread by using the "thread tools" dropdown menu up at the top of the page, and select Subscribe.

Then check your "user cp" to check to see if anything new was posted (This is The thread for bee cleanups)

VintageDUG
07-16-2012, 4:39 PM
I'm interested in future clean ups here. I started going out there in March and after the first time we always took a rake and scoop shovel to bring out more than we brought. Have trucks, trailers, tools and can bring friends and scouts from my troop. Just LMK when.

Doug

repubconserv
07-16-2012, 9:06 PM
I'm interested in future clean ups here. I started going out there in March and after the first time we always took a rake and scoop shovel to bring out more than we brought. Have trucks, trailers, tools and can bring friends and scouts from my troop. Just LMK when.

Doug

You sound like a good person to know then :D

Thank you for your efforts so far. I'm guessing once things cool down a little, we will go out for another clean up.

Eat Dirt will know when is best

-Eric

Eat Dirt
07-16-2012, 9:44 PM
You sound like a good person to know then :D

Thank you for your efforts so far. I'm guessing once things cool down a little, we will go out for another clean up.

Eat Dirt will know when is best

-Eric

Thanks Eric..........

It has just been " Blaze'in " out there ......................
So hot , I think even the snakes left !!!!
Haven't seen any in a while

But today it's been kind of nice out

I have still been going out once and a while ( Take the dog for a run or off -roading)
The place is So........... Empty and quite it's weird
NO Shooters !!!!!!!!!!!!!
ZIp ...Nada...None ...........

Sparkdawg
07-21-2012, 4:27 AM
I'm down for the cause. I've subscribed to this thread and look forward to a date. -RF

chknlyps2
07-21-2012, 8:57 AM
This is cool, lots of new intrest

Eat Dirt
07-21-2012, 9:20 AM
Well...Let's do this .....

I've been useing my crystal ball and it looks like the weather should be good for next weekend

SO .........

Sunday July 29 will be the day for the next CLEAN-UP

Still NO shooting out there yet , But we can help this place out for when it reopens

chknlyps2
07-21-2012, 10:22 AM
Well...Let's do this .....

I've been useing my crystal ball and it looks like the weather should be good for next weekend

SO .........

Sunday July 29 will be the day for the next CLEAN-UP

Still NO shooting out there yet , But we can help this place out for when it reopens

I will be there...... Time and canyon?

Eat Dirt
07-21-2012, 9:57 PM
I will be there...... Time and canyon?

Just got back from Check'in on the Canyons

This time let's do
Canyon # 1

I'll be there at 8 AM // Sunday July 29

VintageDUG
07-22-2012, 6:18 AM
I'll just be getting back from a week back packing with scouts, but I should be there. I'll be the guy in the M35A2.

Eat Dirt
07-22-2012, 8:25 AM
I'll just be getting back from a week back packing with scouts, but I should be there. I'll be the guy in the M35A2.

WOW.............That would be Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll bring the MRE's for lunch..;)

Eat Dirt
07-23-2012, 9:58 PM
Just putt'in this up here again

" Clean-Up " This Sunday JULY 29

Eat Dirt
07-25-2012, 6:23 PM
Canyon Clean-Up / This Sunday !!

It will be at Canyon # 1

It's not too bad ,,, Just a Lot of rakeable stuff
So it should go fairly easy with all the heavy-Duty trash -cans I have

metalstorm999
07-25-2012, 10:43 PM
I'll be there 8:00am. I wonder if retired is coming out, cause I'll have a glazed donut with his name on it :D

chknlyps2
07-26-2012, 10:37 AM
I'll be there 8:00am. I wonder if retired is coming out, cause I'll have a glazed donut with his name on it :D

I talked to Eat Dirt last night and he said something about retired having a prior engagement.

Thanks for coming, any extra help is much appreciated!

VintageDUG
07-27-2012, 4:07 PM
Got the deuce out of it's parking spot and ready to go. I have a few cases of water that were left over from another event I was in. I'll toss a bunch on ice. I've never been past canyon 3 so I'll have to figure out a place to turn around. 14,000 lbs and only Armstrong steering make 3 point turns into 33 point turns.

See you Sunday!

Eat Dirt
07-27-2012, 9:56 PM
OUTSTANDING !!!!

I will Gladly be your " tour" guide

VintageDUG
07-27-2012, 10:21 PM
You get me turned around safely and I'll let you drive.

Eat Dirt
07-28-2012, 4:51 PM
You get me turned around safely and I'll let you drive.

Heck ....you let me drive and I'll even wash the windows.........:cool:

Eat Dirt
07-29-2012, 4:46 PM
Well...Another Canyon Has been Cleaned-Up .............

Today we had a Great Group of Volunteers come out on a Hot July Sunday morning

The roster was as follows::

Chknlyps ( Could'nt do this without ya )

Delfuego ( Rep. for the Hemet Jeep Club )

Tincan 53 + Wife ( Great Navy stories )

Metalstorm999 + Family ( Our AR Guy )

Vintage Dug ( Has the truck in case the Zombies attack )

In Great time we had Canyon # 1 better than I have ever seen it !!
We should of counted how many trash cans of junk and shotgun hulls we pulled out of that place
If you look at one of the far away shots ....That IS a broken small safe along the road ..
So If anybody is looking for me ...I'll be at the local Casino at the tables !!!!!!!!!!!

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/023-1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/021-1.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/018-4.jpg

The finished Product !!
With " Clean-Up sign " on the right side of the hill

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/033-1.jpg

achmeds_dead
07-29-2012, 5:20 PM
Awesome job one-and-all!
Gotta dig the "Zombie Killer" truck :80:

VintageDUG
07-29-2012, 7:07 PM
I think we hauled 30+ full trash cans out (some too full). Plus the misc stuff that didn't fit in the trash cans and the stuff from the other canyon.

D_G
07-29-2012, 7:44 PM
Anyone know when the canyon's will re-open for shooting?

repubconserv
07-29-2012, 7:50 PM

After it rains enough... pray for lots of rain this fall.... or even summer

repubconserv
07-29-2012, 7:50 PM
Canyon looks great BTW, thank you to everyone who helped out!

chknlyps2
07-29-2012, 8:51 PM
I think we hauled 30+ full trash cans out (some too full). Plus the misc stuff that didn't fit in the trash cans and the stuff from the other canyon.

I would say thats about right, 4 trips in my truck and 1 trip in Eat Dirts van = 2 full dumpsters at the ranger station.

I should have taken a picture of canyon 4, the big piles we got from there made it look more presentable.

This was another multi-canyon effort!

Thanks To All That Helped!

Eat Dirt
07-29-2012, 9:23 PM

When somebody learns to do a 'Rain Dance' :mnl:

Eat Dirt
07-29-2012, 9:33 PM
This was another multi-canyon effort!

Thanks To All That Helped!

A Great Feeling to drive out there and see the canyon clean !!
Hope they stay that way

Delfuego
07-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Well...Another Canyon Has been Cleaned-Up .............

Today we had a Great Group of Volunteers come out on a Hot July Sunday morning

The roster was as follows::

Chknlyps ( Could'nt do this without ya )

Delfuego ( Rep. for the Hemet Jeep Club )

Tincan 53 + Wife ( Great Navy stories )

Metalstorm999 + Family ( Our AR Guy )

Vintage Dug ( Has the truck in case the Zombies attack )

I had a good time and enjoyed everyone's company while doing something worthwhile today. Bee Canyon definitely looks better because of it. It's great to see that people really care. By the way, my Jeep is offended that it wasn't included in the group picture! Just kidding.

Calguns needs a pat-on-the-back for getting people together for these range cleanups.:cool2:

Eat Dirt
07-30-2012, 8:46 AM
By the way, my Jeep is offended that it wasn't included in the group picture! Just kidding.

Calguns needs a pat-on-the-back for getting people together for these range cleanups.:cool2:

Check this out :
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=577488

Cal-Guns got an award at the last Clean-Up
Sorry you Jeep didn't get into the shot ,But we All know what Jeep stands for
Just Empty Every Pocket .........:cool:

metalstorm999
07-30-2012, 9:31 AM
Once again the family and I had a blast! Being with good people, and doing a good service, to keep our favorite shooting place clean/open. I also want to thank everyone who donated their time, and sweat :sweatdrop: on a hot summer day, to accomplishing this feat. It was good meeting you Delfuego,vintageDUG, and Tincan 53. Oh hey Delfuego, your jeep did make the photo. If you look closely at the first pic, you can just make out the spare tire on the far right of the shot! :thumbsup: and Eat Dirt when do we get our share of the contents from that safe you found ;)

Eat Dirt
07-30-2012, 9:36 AM
. If you look closely at the first pic, you can just make out the spare tire on the far right of the shot! :thumbsup: and Eat Dirt when do we get our share of the contents from that safe you found ;)

Oh ......That ...........Well ,,,,,, All the contents were lost in that terrible boating accident in the canyon.................;)

metalstorm999
07-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Oh ......That ...........Well ,,,,,, All the contents were lost in that terrible boating accident in the canyon.................;)

I told you your rhino wont float! :boat: :rofl:

chknlyps2
07-30-2012, 7:15 PM
By the way, my Jeep is offended that it wasn't included in the group picture! Just kidding.

But wait...... look what I found :D
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/SANY0380.jpg

And here is another of the hard working crew
http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/chknlyps2/SANY0381.jpg

VintageDUG
07-30-2012, 7:50 PM
Where's the pic of Mr. Dirt with the helmet on behind the wheel of the Kaiser-Jeep?

Eat Dirt
07-30-2012, 8:10 PM
Where's the pic of Mr. Dirt with the helmet on behind the wheel of the Kaiser-Jeep?

I had to clear it with my Parole Officer .................::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/029.jpg

VintageDUG
07-30-2012, 10:26 PM
That's a good looking helmet right there.

recoil_lover
08-02-2012, 1:02 PM
Congrats guys! I hope I can join you some time. And that's a very nice deuce in the photo. Brings back memories of policing brass!

Eat Dirt
08-06-2012, 7:47 PM
The Cal-Guns CleanUp Crew is Everywhere :::

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f365/eatdirt76/Marsphoto-1.jpg

VintageDUG
08-06-2012, 8:58 PM
At least there is enough room to turn the deuce around.

Single Six
08-19-2012, 9:46 PM
ED has Deuce? Sweet! I've been wanting one, I'd like to check it out.

Eat Dirt
08-24-2012, 3:52 PM
Who are all these people ??
And why do they have rakes and shovels ????????

Nice Picture and Article in the Press enterprise newspaper ::::

http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/perris/perris-headlines-index/20120823-perris-gun-group-to-clean-up-wilderness.ece

It's kind of a shortened version of what's in the paper .....................

Single Six
08-24-2012, 4:11 PM
Way to go for some good press.

AK47American
09-01-2012, 12:22 AM
Bee Canyon is so awesome! I love going there and getting my car, clothes and guns covered in dirt while shooting up all the ammo I posses. I would love to go clean up with you guys! Every time I am there I load up trash bags with whatever myself and shooters from earlier that day left. From the first time I shot there, I could tell its a very community oriented place. My favorite shooting spot! I am willing to do whatever to keep it open. Eat Dirt, I think I've met you before. I think everyone who's ever shot there has met you... Ever go around on a small offroad vehicle with your wife picking up shells?? Whoever that guy is, ya got my respect.

Eat Dirt
09-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Just an Update :::::
Sorry Guys ...........

The area is Still shut down for fire season

Talked to one of the rangers and said once it starts to cool down ....It will be up for rewiew ,,But as of right now ...No Shooting !!

Thanks for the nice words AK // Ya that's the wife and I Keeping an eye on things while crusing in the Rhino

inbox485
09-17-2012, 11:47 AM
Just an Update :::::
Sorry Guys ...........

The area is Still shut down for fire season

Talked to one of the rangers and said once it starts to cool down ....It will be up for rewiew ,,But as of right now ...No Shooting !!

Thanks for the nice words AK // Ya that's the wife and I Keeping an eye on things while crusing in the Rhino

Is the area in need of a clean up anyway? I haven't been back there since about March, but I left with all the trash bags I could stuff in my Civic.

Eat Dirt
09-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Is the area in need of a clean up anyway? I haven't been back there since about March, but I left with all the trash bags I could stuff in my Civic.

Well...With " Nobody " useing the canyons there has been NO change in the trash problem
Actually ....They are somewhat all clean at this time , Well maybe one could use some help ( Next to last ) but all in all ,,, Not bad

BUT

A NEW problem has popped up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With NO shooters around
The 2 wheel motercycles ( Off Roaders )
Have started useing the canyons for thier private Off -Road track !!!!!!!!!!!

The second shooting spot is getting Wasted by them ripping up the hillside and the natural berms

inbox485
09-17-2012, 12:01 PM
I'm telling you, a few HD hunting cams put up by the rangers could pay off in a hurry. IIRC the fine for going off trail isn't couch change.

metalstorm999
09-17-2012, 1:59 PM
I'm telling you, a few HD hunting cams put up by the rangers could pay off in a hurry. IIRC the fine for going off trail isn't couch change.

That would be a good idea for the idiots that drive back there to dump trash, maybe catch a license plate? but for the offroaders, you wouldn't be able to positively I.D. them with a helmet and full gear on, and the mx bikes don't have license plates. Maybe have signs posted at each shooting area stating "All offroad vehicles must stay on the designated trails, or be cited". It might slow it down then, but without constant enforcement by the rangers, they will just keep on doing it. :(

inbox485
09-17-2012, 2:11 PM
It wouldn't be hard to have cams in the parking area, and match the a-holes tearing up the canyons to the vehicle that the bike came off of. They could also get transmitting cameras so that they can know when to get out their rather than dedicating manpower to baby sitting.

My guess is that they don't do it for red tape reasons. Not so much that it wouldn't work or pay for itself.

Drabnor
09-17-2012, 2:11 PM
Was just up there and there are multiple signs saying to stay on established roadways. Some people just don't get it...

Eat Dirt
09-17-2012, 2:24 PM
Was just up there and there are multiple signs saying to stay on established roadways. Some people just don't get it...

How True ...how True

I Got It !!!

How about I make up a New sign ............

.!!STAY OUT !!
Nails have been dumped over the ground For your Convenience

VintageDUG
09-17-2012, 10:03 PM
Think they'll figure it out once we are up there shooting?

chknlyps2
09-24-2012, 6:41 PM
Went out again today (hey I'm retired - I got time). At first there was 3-4 vehicles with 10 shooters total spread out on the hill. No one down below near the road. As we were looking for a space one truck on the far end (in the direction of the great fire, before it dips down) left so we set up there. As we were shooting everyone cleared out, taking their trash with them. (yeah I'm that nosy)

While reloading we heard plenty of high powered shots coming from down by the road. When we left there were three TRUCKS and one car all set up with shooting tables, ez ups, etc. All near the road. Complete dumbazzes.

We took as much trash as we could hold. Some super smart shooter used small sized baby powder bottles as targets (full). I picked them all up while I wondered what his high school gpa might be.

There was an older lady mining brass and she said if we left ours she would clean it up for us. I didn't see her when we left and I was tempted to rake it and trash it, but we chanced it and left it. We shot no steel or shotguns today so it was a simple matter to load our targets and other peoples trash and leave.

No idea where this gate might be. It's not the way I come in.

Ummmm, I think you ment to post in the Perris thread :D

Eat Dirt
09-24-2012, 6:52 PM
I took care of it for Dug .....

I was out there today , Still looks Good
Had to replace the 'Clean-Up 'sign in the last canyon

Someone blasted it with a 12 gauge !!

Bear790
09-30-2012, 8:56 PM
Any idea when Bee Canyon will be open again? Or another place in the area I can go shooting? I need me some go time and I hate super regulated shooting ranges

chknlyps2
09-30-2012, 9:15 PM
Any idea when Bee Canyon will be open again? Or another place in the area I can go shooting? I need me some go time and I hate super regulated shooting ranges

We will have to get some back to back rain and get past the santa anna wind season before it opens again.

DavidR310
10-02-2012, 1:36 AM
Weathers cooling off, I think we need to have an October event to celebrate my bday on the 25th. :)

D_G
10-06-2012, 1:03 AM

is any land local to bee canyon available for shooting? I got itchy trigger finger syndrome :)

DavidR310
10-06-2012, 2:35 AM
Well next week is suppose to cool off quite a bit, plus might see some rain.

stilly
10-06-2012, 6:14 PM
is any land local to bee canyon available for shooting? I got itchy trigger finger syndrome :)

We were at Bird**** rock at Steele Peak today. Pretty nice. Soft dirt/dust though so you should be riding high with knobby 31s if you do not have 4wd of some sort and ground clearance.

I shot my TT-33 and the Deagle at the bowling pin. I can SWEAR that I hit it once, but it is about 200+ yards out.

Eat Dirt
10-14-2012, 8:18 AM
Two Inportant Messages

No.1 To all that helped on the Bee Canyon Clean-up
There is going to be another clean-up at the Perris BLM area on Saturday Oct. 20th / Saturday 8:30
Here's the link to the page and the list of volunteers so far
The weather will be a Lot cooler than last time ::
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=606961&page=9

No.2 I called the idllywild ranger station and asked when might Bee Canyon be opening again
I was told they are looking at NOV.1st.
Hand in there gang!!!!!!!

Drabnor
10-29-2012, 5:54 PM
I took a ride up the canyon on Saturday. It looks like there have been people up there shooting. New trash that has obviously been shot up, shotgun shells on the ground etc. Also on the way to shotgun flats, at the switchback, someone has been shooting. Bunch of crap littering the hillside. I was on my bike so I couldn't pull anything out.

We should do a cleanup before it opens if possible...

Czechsix
10-29-2012, 6:01 PM
God I am so disgusted with cleaning up after these bastards...every damned time I go out, either shooting, off roading, or dirt biking I'm picking up bags full of crap from these SOB's.

I'm sick of it. Sick of people in general.

Screw this. Secession now. The Free State of GunNutTopia and Don'tLeaveYourTrashBehindia.

Single Six
10-29-2012, 6:25 PM
I'm with you. It's a sign of the times I reckon. Too many people and too many people with no manners.

I've never caught any in the act. How do they get away with it?

ThE_LoNgShOt
10-29-2012, 7:11 PM
If that continues it will inevitably serve as grounds for the authorities to completely ban shorting in bee.... I've lived in Hemet and been shooting up there for 20+ years and I'd sure hate to lose it because of some short sighted pigs who are to Fn' lazy to pick up their trash. If you can pack out what you packed in, stay out!! You know who you are......

Single Six
10-29-2012, 7:14 PM
I kinda hate to say it, but it is what it is.

It's a lot easier to close it than police it, and so they close them.

Eat Dirt
10-29-2012, 10:05 PM
I kinda hate to say it, but it is what it is.

It's a lot easier to close it than police it, and so they close them.

You are right Sir ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That is why we have 'Canyon Clean-Ups " out there
I have been told by the Rangers that they don't have the Time or Funds to keep that place cleaned up
If "We" as a group don't step up and help ( Like a Lot of other Great Cal-Gun people have done on other clean-ups )
Areas like this will be Gone ......Forever

VintageDUG
10-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Exactly. We have to step up and clean up after the uneducated, irresponsible shooters or the sites just get closed. Then when there's nothing left we wait in line to pay high prices to shoot indoors or we pay huge money to buy land of our own where we can shoot.

I hate cleaning up after the turds, but I've met some great people at the clean ups. My last five gun purchases came from Counter Strike Firearms after I met the owner during a Bee Canyon clean up.

I've made good friends at the Perris clean ups too. In the end, there is more good that comes from the clean ups than bad. We keep our local spots open, we give shooters a good name and we meet great people. Other than having to clean someone else's mess there is no downside.

Eat Dirt
10-29-2012, 11:33 PM
^^^^ And DUG is one of the Good Guys that does a Great Amount of physical work at the Clean-Ups .

At the last Clean-Up ..at the Perris BLM area, he brought that big Tonka truck of his with an entire " Crew" of helpers in the back ( Riding on those Numb-Butt seats )

That's the kind of efforts that will keep a place open
And belive this , our combined efforts have Not gone un-noticed
All the efforts have gone up the chain of command with the Forest Service
Here's a link to the Award Cal-Gun has gotten for the work in Bee Canyon ::
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=577488

Now on another Sad note ::

With all this warm weather sticking around , I'm sure they will push back the opening date of shooting in the canyons

ThE_LoNgShOt
10-30-2012, 4:36 PM
I've never been a part of an "organized" clean-up in Bee or Perris, but I always make it a point to take a little extra trash out with me besides my own. I'm ready and willing to help with any clean up efforts that are scheduled, just let me know when!!

TACTIKILL
11-12-2012, 11:10 PM
Any word of when Bee canyon will be open again?

Eat Dirt
11-13-2012, 8:36 AM
Any word of when Bee canyon will be open again?

Myself and Chknlps have been calling the ranger station to ask that very question

All they say is / We need more rain to wet things down /

VintageDUG
11-14-2012, 6:41 AM
Calguns rain dance event?

Eat Dirt
11-14-2012, 10:47 PM
Calguns rain dance event?

'70 's Group :::Guess Who / Raindance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JgHbO4SCiY&feature=player_detailpage

achmeds_dead
11-15-2012, 7:07 PM
Dude! You're showing your age!

Oops... what am I saying. I know that song alllllllll too well :D

Yes, we need a "calguns rain dance meet."

Add this one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDLlVJ-XdK8&feature=related

Eat Dirt
11-15-2012, 8:45 PM
How about this one ............

Albert Hammond - It never rains in Southern California 1973

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zESYDjWrpbA

TACTIKILL
11-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Its been pretty damp lately so im hoping it opens up soon.

Eat Dirt
11-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Its been pretty damp lately so im hoping it opens up soon.

All I can say is ,,,, Keep calling the ranger station in Idllywild

chknlyps2
11-18-2012, 11:19 AM
I just did..... again :rolleyes:

Same response, not even any talk about it from the head office.

a_juarez11
11-18-2012, 12:38 PM
WANT BEE CANYON TO B OPEN

a_juarez11
11-18-2012, 12:38 PM
WANT BEE CANYON TO B OPEN

TACTIKILL
12-01-2012, 10:46 AM
i dont see why it should be closed any longer after this rain.

chknlyps2
12-01-2012, 10:55 AM
i dont see why it should be closed any longer after this rain.

I called at 9am, they said this rain was not enough to make a difference yet.

Ron-Solo
12-01-2012, 6:51 PM
I live at the base of the hill. We hardly got any rain. :(

Eat Dirt
12-04-2012, 6:24 PM
BEE CANYON RE-OPENS TOMORROW WED.DEC 5

Here's the latest Gang ;;;;;;
Bee Canyon will Re-Open Tomorrow WED. Dec-5
But ........
With the weather we have been having /// Who knows for how long
It still is a good idea to 'Know Before You Go " / As to shooting days and cut off times
Also know what targets you can take //// No Bottles , Junk , Trash
And .........
Feel free to take any and ALL shooting trash to the dumpsters over at Cranston Ranger station when you are done ( West Side )
A Lot of Cal-Gun members have been working Hard to keep this place open ///Don't trash it !!!!!!

Eat Dirt
12-06-2012, 11:48 AM
I was suprised to see only 2 other shooters out there yesterday

That will change this weekend / I'am Sure

It will be a ZOO out there on the first full open weekend !!!!!

richardfl3
12-07-2012, 6:04 PM
I was out there after 1pm and it was GREAT!! tested out some new toys, turned the wife into a shotgun (12g) lover and picked up what trash I could by hand!! Next time ill remember the rake and shovel!! Flew over it on the way home from Palm Springs today and saw 1 or 2 down there.

I love this place... Will be back again next week after I get my wifes new pistol out of jail :D

I was suprised to see only 2 other shooters out there yesterday

That will change this weekend / I'am Sure

It will be a ZOO out there on the first full open weekend !!!!!

Eat Dirt
12-07-2012, 6:50 PM
^^ Let me know when you're going again

I'll hold your targets for ya !!!!!!!!

NastyNate
12-11-2012, 12:04 AM
Are the shooting lanes in this canyon flat or similar to steel peak? What is the avg distance that you can shoot out to?

DavidR310
12-11-2012, 12:07 AM
I would say avg distance is 100 yds, with canyon 2 being the exception of 200+.

NastyNate
12-11-2012, 12:13 AM
Are they flat enough to zero a new rifle or is it similar to steel peak in which you are shooting into a mountain side where your shooting lane continues to slope up?

DavidR310
12-11-2012, 12:19 AM
Are they flat enough to zero a new rifle or is it similar to steel peak in which you are shooting into a mountain side where your shooting lane continues to slope up?

I never been to steel peak cuz I dont have a 4wd. But most canyons are flat to 100 yds ( except last canyon before the top which is like 50 yds at most.) then angled cliff. If we get canyon 2, I would say up until about 200-250 yards it is pretty flat, after that it is straight up a canyon side. But the canyon side is so tall on canyon 2 it is at least 500 yds away.

NastyNate
12-11-2012, 12:35 AM
Thanks David! I have some new toys that I wanna get dialed in. I think I'll take them to the BISR first then maybe out to BC to get them on at range. I usually shoot at Steel Peak but man that place gets crowded and I don't like shooting uphill.

I'll have to check this place out.

boomdickie
12-11-2012, 3:16 PM
Was at Bee Canyon yesterday, 12/10. It was the cleanest I've ever seen it, although I still managed to haul out a full truck bed full of garbage that wasn't mine out of "Canyon 2". Great day of shooting and the place was DESERTED... Didn't see anybody else the whole time I was there! Great day of shooting.

repubconserv
12-11-2012, 3:25 PM
Was at Bee Canyon yesterday, 12/10. It was the cleanest I've ever seen it, although I still managed to haul out a full truck bed full of garbage that wasn't mine out of "Canyon 2". Great day of shooting and the place was DESERTED... Didn't see anybody else the whole time I was there! Great day of shooting.

uh... Bee was at Fire Level 5 yesterday.... which means no target shooting. at least you didn't get ticketed, and thank you for cleaning out the trash

Here are the phone numbers to check fire activity levels (should be done every time you go shooting)

Fri-Tues 909-382-2921

Wed & Thurs 909-382-2600 (bee Canyon is area 673)

Eat Dirt
12-11-2012, 4:34 PM

First :
Let me say "Thank You " for cleaning up Canyon #2
I was checking on things late yesterday and seen some one had cleaned it up
And belive it or not .... Most of that trash was from just over the weekend with the canyons being open for the first Full Weekend

Second :
Ahhh Yes ...There was a reason the place was so empty and you had the whole area to yourself .. See Post above

Eat Dirt
12-11-2012, 4:43 PM
I never been to steel peak cuz I dont have a 4wd. But most canyons are flat to 100 yds ( except last canyon before the top which is like 50 yds at most.) then angled cliff. If we get canyon 2, I would say up until about 200-250 yards it is pretty flat, after that it is straight up a canyon side. But the canyon side is so tall on canyon 2 it is at least 500 yds away.

Here's the Info. from my " Bee Canyon Info. Thread "

-----------------------------------------------------------

If's anyone is interested ... I took my range-finder out the other Day

Was always wondering what the distance in the canyons are

Here's a List ::

Canyon #1... 70 Yards
Canyon #2... up to 150 Yards
Canyon #3... 75 Yards
Canyon #4... 65 Yards
Canyon #5... 90 Yards
Canyon #6...60 Yards on Left Canyon
80 Yards on Right Canyon
Canyon #7... 25 Yards / Smallest of the canyons, Maybe pistol only

From there is the steep grade going up to Shot-Gun Flats

metalstorm999
12-11-2012, 8:50 PM

Canyon #1... 70 Yards
Canyon #3... 75 Yards
Canyon #4... 65 Yards
Canyon #5... 90 Yards
80 Yards on Right Canyon

That's good info Eat Dirt! I always get asked what the shooting distances are at the canyons, and I usually just give people an estimate. Now I know. Thanks! :)

Eat Dirt
12-15-2012, 7:27 PM
Bee Canyon Road Report !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes .. The canyons got a good amount of rain

But ,,The roads are just fine . A few more ruts and dips
On the plus side there is No More Dust

Now there is that one mud puddle that always apprears between the 3ed and 4th shooting spots ( The ones that are hooked together )

Advice ::: Leave the '62 Impala lowrider at home and you'll make the road just fine

gruntinhusaybah
12-24-2012, 12:50 PM
I've never been here before, but I'm on leave until the 6th if any of you want to meet up for a day of shooting and some clean up.

I have a timer and a bunch of targets I can bring to run some pistol and carbine drills.

Eat Dirt
12-25-2012, 8:21 PM
To Whoever Cleaned Up Canyon No. 1 Today ..........

THANKS !

What a Nice Christmas present for the rest of us that use the canyons
And to do it on Christmas Day ...WOW

richardfl3
12-26-2012, 8:30 AM
Flew over twice yesterday at 1030 and 1545.. Was very envious of everyone out having fun in the canyons!! Glad to see they were all being used even up on shotgun flats !! I'll be out next week hopefully!!

famas619
12-26-2012, 8:48 AM
Was out there on monday the 24th. Got some rain while out there, but not to bad. Took out some trash, but the canyons were not to bad.

VintageDUG
12-26-2012, 8:53 PM
Hi Fellow Calgunners,
Anyone goin up there during the weekday mornings? My vehicle can only make it up to the Ranger station, not much clearance. If anyone's goin up there and willing to give me a ride from the Ranger station parking lot to the shooting area, I would appreciate. Send a PM.

The day before it closed I was there in my Geo Metro. Have the roads gotten that bad since reopening?

DavidR310
12-26-2012, 8:53 PM
Hi Fellow Calgunners,
Anyone goin up there during the weekday mornings? My vehicle can only make it up to the Ranger station, not much clearance. If anyone's goin up there and willing to give me a ride from the Ranger station parking lot to the shooting area, I would appreciate. Send a PM.

As long as your car is not lowered, in can make it. I took a Honda Accord up there.

chknlyps2
12-26-2012, 8:55 PM
We saw a Prius go by during one of the clean ups

chknlyps2
12-27-2012, 1:25 PM
Oh yeah, what about that Adventure Pass? Is it enforeced for a couple hours shooting?

That area is not improved so no Adventure Pass needed

Eat Dirt
12-29-2012, 6:21 PM
Bee Canyon Clean Up........January 26,,Saturday

Now that the canyons are OPEN for shooting again things are starting to be in Need of a Clean-Up
Nothing Bad ,,,But it's best to stay on top of things out there and not let it get like it was

We'll start at 8:00 Saturday......
Clean -Up and then "Plinking " after of course

chknlyps2
12-29-2012, 7:46 PM
Saturday the 26th, I am in!

A.M.
12-29-2012, 8:16 PM
Down!

VintageDUG
12-29-2012, 8:40 PM
I'll be there with my crew.

smattenson
12-29-2012, 11:48 PM
If I was not working I would volunteer :(. On Thursday I did however just clean up some of the mess left at the area I was shooting which was a nice sized bag filled with shotgun hulls, surplus ammo cases, and other assorted trash (I was only shooting 22 that day so I know I didn't put it there...). It's not my trash and I am not writing this to brag just fyi I am just getting sick of seeing crap after so many of you have gone and cleaned it up! I will however do my part in cleaning up my stuff and whatever else I can. I would hate to see this place closed down do to lazy people. I want to give a big Thank you to everyone who has gone out there and cleaned Bee Canyon up I have personally noticed!!

Roushee97
12-30-2012, 9:58 AM
Went there this morning and the trail looked ok did some quick shooting , raked and left

Roushee97
12-31-2012, 10:10 AM
Went there again this morning to try some different ammo trail looked ok

Eat Dirt
01-04-2013, 6:48 PM
Just Bump'in this up ........

Weather should be Great

metalstorm999
01-05-2013, 8:39 AM
I'm going to try hard to make this one, no guarantees though. Is it cool if I promote the cleanup on Counter Strike Firearms Facebook page? I figure a little more help couldn't hurt.

chknlyps2
01-05-2013, 9:01 AM
I'm going to try hard to make this one, no guarantees though. Is it cool if I promote the cleanup on Counter Strike Firearms Facebook page? I figure a little more help couldn't hurt.

Thats Eat Dirts call but I think it is a great idea. You gonna be able to stay and plink for a little bit?

aawillia
01-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Gonna try and make it out tomorrow (Sunday) but will be definitely sign up for the clean up on the 26th.

Eat Dirt
01-05-2013, 10:17 AM

Great Idea ...........:thumbsup:

Sounds Good to me

Eat Dirt
01-06-2013, 9:46 AM
The Clean-Up is coming /// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was just out there yesterday and I'm thinking of cleaning up Canyons #3 and # 4
Easy to get to and lots of parking ( for Dug )
These two canyons have a trail that connect the two , So it would be an easy Clean-Up

richardfl3
01-06-2013, 1:28 PM
I work the night before the clean up but the wife and I will be out for it as long as I dont work all night long :sleeping:. I get off at 730 and will head up then.. only about 15-20 mins from work. See you all there!!

aawillia
01-08-2013, 9:33 PM
I went Sunday, was in #7. Had a great time, hauled out half a truck bed of trash after we were done!

aawillia
01-08-2013, 9:33 PM
I went Sunday, was in #7. Had a great time, hauled out half a truck bed of trash after we were done!

Eat Dirt
01-08-2013, 10:57 PM

Are you the " Mystery Cleaner of the Canyon " ???

I saw someone had used some Elbow Grease out there ////Nice
Thanks For the Help ................

aawillia
01-09-2013, 7:55 AM
Hahahaha no Sunday was the first time I've been there. But you guys weren't kidding...place was a mess! Had at least 2 bags full of broken glass and assorted plastic...

Letterman52
01-09-2013, 8:02 AM

Canyon #1... 70 Yards
Canyon #3... 75 Yards
Canyon #4... 65 Yards
Canyon #5... 90 Yards
80 Yards on Right Canyon

I went last weekend and shot with some nice folk in canyon 1. Do any of the canyons have tables? I haven't explored them all yet.

Eat Dirt
01-09-2013, 8:07 AM
I went last weekend and shot with some nice folk in canyon 1. Do any of the canyons have tables? I haven't explored them all yet.

No tables ....................

Also No Shade , water, bathrooms, signs , Starbucks ( sorry had to throw that one in the mix )

That's why No Adventure pass needed..

You hunp it in ///You hump it out

Roushee97
01-09-2013, 10:55 PM
Would be nice if fellow Calgunners had a secret hand shake or somethimg like that, I will try to make it on Saturday for the clean up.

Eat Dirt
01-10-2013, 8:48 PM
Bump'in Up For The Clean-Up

January 26,,Saturday

UnknownSuperhero
01-14-2013, 8:36 AM
Can't make it this trip, but I will keep my eye out for future dates.

Untill then I'll keep leaving with more than I brought.

tincan53
01-16-2013, 10:22 AM
Ron, Linda and I will be there. 0730? I get to clean close to the truck! LOL

Tim

You get the belt changed on the ATV?

Nirrad
01-16-2013, 11:18 AM
0730?! Is that really when y'all are getting there?

Looks like I'll be on the second shift - no way I could make it there that early. But my rake is ready to rock!

Here's to great weather!:cheers2:

Eat Dirt
01-16-2013, 11:50 AM

Looks like I'll be on the second shift - no way I could make it there that early. But my rake is ready to rock!

8:00 is the official start time
Just some of the locals like to get there early to grab a good seat !!!!!!

Looks like you get the prize for the longest drive to Bee Canyon ////Long Beach !!!!!!! WOW

tincan53
01-16-2013, 11:50 AM

Hey, you get there when you get there. Just show up!! I was basically saying I'd be there then.

wildman2009
01-17-2013, 5:55 PM
Best way to get there from Temecula?

Eat Dirt
01-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Best way to get there from Temecula?

Here's a link ::http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsinternet/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3gDfxMDT8MwRydLA1cj72 BTSw8jAwgAykeaxcN4jhYG_h4eYX5hPgYwefy6w0H24dcPNgEH cDTQ9_PIz03VL8iNMMgycVQEAIzTHkw!/dl3/d3/L2dJQSEvUUt3QS9ZQnZ3LzZfME80MEkxVkFCOTBFMktTNUJIMj AwMDAwMDA!/?ss=110512&ttype=recarea&recid=26525&actid=106&navtype=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&position=BROWSEBYSUBJECT&navid=110250000000000&pnavid=110000000000000&cid=null&pname=San+Bernardino+National+Forest+-+Bee+Canyon+Recreational+Shooting+Sites

Off hwy 74 /East of Hemet
Past Cranston Ranger station

Eat Dirt
01-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Bump'in Up the Clean-Up

Eat Dirt
01-18-2013, 8:30 PM
Going to clean-up canyon # 3 And # 4

DavidR310
01-20-2013, 5:29 AM
I'm in. Need me to bring anything? Cooler with some waters, folding table?

SublimeJJ99
01-20-2013, 6:43 AM
Schedule permitting, I'd like to be in on this one. If the weather is good, I'll likely park at Vista Point and ride my quad down to Bee Canyon. Hope to meet some fellow Calgunners. I'll post again when I have definitive confirmation.