PDA

View Full Version : Best buy on Glocks in Southbay?

Martel
07-22-2010, 4:26 PM
I'm new to the forum and I'm in awe over the amount of info here.

I'm interested in the Glock 22, probably the RTF version with the curved serrations. I also like that I can change barrels and go 9mm.

My real interest now is in buying one in the near future :) Wondering where I'd likely get the lowest
overall price in the Southbay area. I'd like to stay brick and mortar this time around

Comments greatly appreciated

JaeOne3345
07-22-2010, 4:32 PM
I know I know I know you said brick and mortar this time around, but seriously if buying new, most of the time you can get a new glock from a place like glockmeister with shipping, dros, and transfer costs for cheaper than buying one out the door from a california location. (this is not factoring in gssf or leo/mil discounts).

I just went through the same dilemma. But hats off to you if you wanna support local business. Nothing wrong with that either.

civilsnake
07-22-2010, 4:35 PM
Which Southbay? LA or SF?

Super Spy
07-22-2010, 4:56 PM
Join GSSF, take the coupon they send and go to LC Action and get the LEO price.

asme
07-22-2010, 4:59 PM
If you're in the south SF bay area, first get yourself a GSSF membership from here (http://gssfonline.com/), then drive down to LC Action Police Supply for the bar-none best deal. My Glock 17 was $425.

A GSSF membership takes maybe 3 weeks to process.

Edit: hurr durr unintentional double post

kozumasbullitt
07-22-2010, 5:14 PM
gssf is a great deal but it works out to $500 before DROS for a G17, you should look at the classifieds for good deals hint hint.

Martel
07-22-2010, 6:27 PM
Sorry– South bay as in SF Bay area. If I can save $50-75 OTD by purchasing online, I could see going that route. Is that too much to expect?

I just went to Targetmasters in Milpitas and they quoted me about $625 OTD (G22) if I understood correctly.

XYZ
07-22-2010, 6:50 PM

This right here since you're in the San Francisco/South Bay area.

GSSF cost is $35 for one year. GSSF price for a new Glock is $425. Total cost with tax and DROS should be $495 (including GSSF membership is $530).

http://gssfonline.com/registration.cfm

kozumasbullitt
07-22-2010, 6:52 PM
Sorry– South bay as in SF Bay area. If I can save $50-75 OTD by purchasing online, I could see going that route. Is that too much to expect?

I just went to Targetmasters in Milpitas and they quoted me about $625 OTD (G22) if I understood correctly.

You won't save doing an online deal because most transfer fees will put you right back at dealer pricing. I say your best bet is to join gssf and wait or buy private party.

Glock-matic
07-22-2010, 7:02 PM

Target Masters is one of the highest prices. You could check Sportsman's supply and if you can handle Mike, Almaden Gun exchange. They usually run $525 plus fees.

Martel
07-22-2010, 8:20 PM
gssf is a great deal but it works out to $500 before DROS for a G17, you should look at the classifieds for good deals hint hint.

Thanks–very tempting for sure, but I really want that 22. Targetmaster's wants $547 + all fees and tax ($625 OTD) but it seems you guys are saying this is pretty high? I ain't stuck on them–just trying to get to some kind of realistic bottom line OTD pricing.

I thought that they ONLY deal with LEO? :confused:

bm-bill
07-22-2010, 9:02 PM
Hurry up and join GSSF. LC Action has Glock Days every year in August (look on their website for the dates). Last year the Glock 17 was $399 with two mags (I think the 40 was the same price also).

kozumasbullitt
07-22-2010, 9:04 PM
Thanks–very tempting for sure, but I really want that 22. Targetmaster's wants $547 + all fees and tax ($625 OTD) but it seems you guys are saying this is pretty high? I ain't stuck on them–just trying to get to some kind of realistic bottom line OTD pricing.

I thought that they ONLY deal with LEO? :confused:

Please just go to gssfonline.com, lc action will sell to military/Leo/security/emergency/and GSSF

Martel
07-23-2010, 7:25 AM
Thanks all. I apologize for any ignorance. I'll email that GSSF form ASAP :D I've mostly been out of the loop with firearms for more than 15 years. Even then I only had rifles. I purchased a Ruger Mini 14 and 10-22 from Gemco. Anyone remember them? So my handgun experience is next to nil, although my buddy has a G17 that I've shot a few times.

Thanks again for the info,

Regards