PDA

View Full Version : any firearms manufacturer tours

CaptMike
07-22-2010, 4:17 PM
Hello everyone

I am taking the family on a cross country trip in about a month or so. Does anyone know of any firearms manufacturers that offer tours of their plants to families. I think it would be fun for the kids to see how things are made, especially firearms. we havent finalized our route yet, so any location that actually offers tours would be great. thanks in advance.

tomd1584
07-22-2010, 4:30 PM
I think daniel Defense does, I saw a thread over on M4carbine about it.

Jonathan Doe
07-22-2010, 6:33 PM
I have been to many firearms and ammo manufacturing plants. But then, it was part of factory armorer schools. I don't know if they do it for non student or non LE situations.

I am going to S&W in Springfield, MS for their revolver armorer school in September. I am sure I will have a tour of the factory.:)

Howie44
07-22-2010, 7:00 PM
The Barnes plant out by Levan (I think), Utah will let you take the tour, and even give you swag

santacruzstefan
07-22-2010, 7:27 PM
I think I heard LWRC in MD gives tours, but I can't really remember.

Spiggy
07-22-2010, 8:21 PM
The big names like Walther, Beretta, Benelli (across from Beretta), H&K and Steyr all have museums in their factories. Worth a visit from what I hear

CaptMike
07-23-2010, 4:25 PM
thanks every one. I will be driving through most of those areas. Planning on stopping at camp Perry and of course getting my self a little something at the CMP store. Really looking forward to this trip.

DippyPower
07-23-2010, 5:27 PM
Anywhere you decide to go, make sure that you call ahead. Places that did tours in the past may not do them now, or they require reservations.

I have read on line that Remington gives tours of their Ilion plant.

You could go to the Springfield Armory
http://www.nps.gov/spar/index.htm

While it is not strictly gun related I highly recommend the Henry Ford Museum if go anywhere near Detroit.
http://www.thehenryford.org/

CSACANNONEER
07-23-2010, 5:35 PM
Most firearms, bullet, optics, etc. companies have some sort of tours for the public. IT's really great advertising for them. Barnes Bullets is always happy to give tours Monday through Thursday. Unfortunately, I've only been able to get there Friday-Sunday.

jester
07-24-2010, 8:22 AM
Don't bother with Knights Armament in Titusville,FL.
They don't give tours AT ALL!!
I was there for 6 months, almost right next door. We tried to get a tour several times, no go..
We could hear full auto fire a couple times a week..