PDA

View Full Version : Handgun ban?

upinflames2400
07-22-2010, 2:36 PM
So today at a gun store in ojai the owner told me there gonna ban handguns with adjustable sites and only sell handguns with fix sights... As far as I know that's a load of bs so correct me if I'm wrong

Joe
07-22-2010, 2:37 PM
Hahhahaha. Thats funny and complete fud

usctrojan
07-22-2010, 2:42 PM
So today at a gun store in ojai the owner told me there gonna ban handguns with adjustable sites and only sell handguns with fix sights... As far as I know that's a load of bs so correct me if I'm wrong

Actually they are banning sights all together! :eek: :D

bballwizard05
07-22-2010, 2:43 PM
Gonna be kinda hard to pass my efficiency test for a CCW with NO SIGHTS!!! :)

Turo
07-22-2010, 2:47 PM
AAAAHAHAHAHA That's the biggest load of crap I've ever seen! And I've seen elephant turds!

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 2:47 PM
That's a stretch, even for the insane nonsense laws that California legislators pass.

Fate
07-22-2010, 2:48 PM
Gossip is amazing. It mutates into the craziest things as the old game of "Telephone" quickly demonstrates.

Thank gawd for CalGuns' FUD-busters!

upinflames2400
07-22-2010, 2:48 PM
Yea I just figured he's a ratard

CSACANNONEER
07-22-2010, 2:49 PM
I didn't know that the Ojai crop had been harvested already. It's obviously some primo stuff.

Colt-45
07-22-2010, 2:52 PM
LoL, What's the deal behind the adjustable sights ban?

They can make the gun stand up and fire on it's own?

lol. :nuts:

FUD

Legasat
07-22-2010, 2:53 PM
Gunstore Nimrod FUD!

gorenut
07-22-2010, 3:05 PM
You've been told wrong friend. They're actually banning extractors on handguns. You have to manually shake out the brass now. Yup.

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 3:06 PM
You've been told wrong friend. They're actually banning extractors on handguns. You have to manually shake out the brass now. Yup.

Weird. I heard it was actually triggers that were being banned. You have to hit the back of the slide with a hammer.

CSACANNONEER
07-22-2010, 3:09 PM

I've got more than one gun that I already have to do this with.

gorenut
07-22-2010, 3:09 PM
Weird. I heard it was actually triggers that were being banned. You have to hit the back of the slide with a hammer.

You may be on to something here. Perhaps our sources need to be put together.. it'd make more sense if they banned both triggers and extractors. A friend of a friend who knows someone that owns a gunstore who constantly sells to the Super Secret Service mentioned something in a similar vain. The hammer you mentioned has to be separate and attached on a lanyard loop on the gun, it also comes with its own lock (mandatory) on top of the built in lock on the gun.

SixtyDashOne
07-22-2010, 3:11 PM

No, it's hammers and strikers that are being banned. See, you have to get this device called a "striker button" that slips over the back of the pistol, and you have to bang it with a rubber mallet to fire a round.

ZRT650
07-22-2010, 3:12 PM
I do know that Glock will be no longer offering adjustable sights on guns other than the 34 and 35

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 3:12 PM
You may be on to something here. Perhaps our sources need to be put together.. it'd make more sense if they banned both triggers and extractors. A friend of a friend who knows someone that owns a gunstore who constantly sells to the Super Secret Service mentioned something in a similar vain. The hammer you mentioned has to be separate and attached on a lanyard loop on the gun, it also comes with its own lock (mandatory) on top of the built in lock on the gun.

We should be grateful for what we have. In Canada they have to hold the round with a pair of pliers and punch the primer with their fist. I am going to write to the California legislature today and tell them how grateful I am to be so free as to be able to use a hammer and shake out my brass!

uhmeebuh
07-22-2010, 3:18 PM
We should be grateful for what we have. In Canada they have to hold the round with a pair of pliers and punch the primer with their fist. I am going to write to the California legislature today and tell them how grateful I am to be so free as to be able to use a hammer and shake out my brass!

I thought they just flicked it with their middle finger because punching was too violent...

Sam
07-22-2010, 3:19 PM
Gonna be kinda hard to pass my efficiency test for a CCW with NO SIGHTS!!! :)

You can easily pass that thing without sights, it's a joke. Good luck!

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 3:19 PM
I thought they just flicked it with their middle finger because punching was too violent...

As long as they only use it for hunting they are good to go.

gorenut
07-22-2010, 3:27 PM

You're correct. We should ask them to increase the HSC fee along with DROS just to show how thankful we are. To top it off, lets increase the 10 day period to 20 and since we're already doubling numbers, 60 days per new handgun - gotta show that we're all responsible citizens and not vicious killers.

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 3:29 PM
You're correct. We should ask them to increase the HSC fee along with DROS just to show how thankful we are. To top it off, lets increase the 10 day period to 20 and since we're already doubling numbers, 60 days per new handgun - gotta show that we're all responsible citizens and not vicious killers.

Yup. Once we show them that we are willing to go to these lengths to prove that we are worthy to own firearms they SURELY wont made it any harder to get one.

dadoody
07-22-2010, 3:36 PM
Gun sights need to be made illegal. There is no logical reason that ordinary citizens should be able to aim at what they shoot at.

Bullet trajectory should ONLY be determined by chance, luck, and divine intervention.

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 3:40 PM
Gun sights need to be made illegal. There is no logical reason that ordinary citizens should be able to aim at what they shoot at.

Bullet trajectory should ONLY be determined by chance, luck, and divine intervention.

You know, that's not far from the way some of those antis think. Do you remember that video of that anti gun person saying that assault rifles have pistol grips because they are meant to be fired from the hip? Personally I wish everyone who ever tried to kill someone illegally with a gun fired from the hip. There would be a lot less gun related deaths. :D

Super Spy
07-22-2010, 3:54 PM
The front sight ban is only for hunting, that way when the bear shoves it up your AZZ it doesn't hurt so much......

ke6guj
07-22-2010, 3:56 PM
I do know that Glock will be no longer offering adjustable sights on guns other than the 34 and 35and what's funny about that is that most/all Glocks are initially imported into the states with adjustable sights. Once they get here, they removed the adjstable sights, put on fixed sights, and send the take-off sights back to Austria to be put on a new batch of handguns destined for the US.

Flouncer
07-22-2010, 4:16 PM
If sights are banned, only criminals will wave sights

sights don't kill people, bullets do

yuk yuk :krkplk:

kf6tac
07-22-2010, 4:46 PM
If sights are banned, only criminals will wave sights

sights don't kill people, bullets do

yuk yuk :krkplk:

Criminals don't use their sights anyway. They turn the gun sideways.

ke6guj
07-22-2010, 5:52 PM
Criminals don't use their sights anyway. They turn the gun sideways.

they need some of these
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/ke6guj/homeboynightsites.jpg
:D

In_this_city
07-22-2010, 5:52 PM
edit* ^ I just posted that lol. seconds too late. :)

HCz
07-22-2010, 6:17 PM
Actually, adjustable sights will be available, just for police. non-LEOs could still get them via PPT.

Malthusian
07-22-2010, 6:25 PM

Handguns were designed to spray fire from the hip
With that shoulder thingy

Actually as of Jan 1st we will only be allowed to have one operable handgun
in our residence at at time

I do know that Glock will be no longer offering adjustable sights on guns other than the 34 and 35

Once they discontinue Gen 3, they will have allot of surplus sights left from the Glocks because they will no longer available in CA except LEO

dfletcher
07-22-2010, 6:51 PM

I suppose I shouldn't bite, but what reason might this fellow have given? I presume he gave a reason because I think anyone, upon hearing this bit of news, would be unable to not ask "why" .....

Phouty
07-22-2010, 6:53 PM
;)
Don't despair! They might have banned all handguns equipped with barrels.:eek:

85FourEyedGT
07-22-2010, 6:54 PM
Handguns were designed to spray fire from the hip
With that shoulder thingy

Actually as of Jan 1st we will only be allowed to have one operable handgun

Once they discontinue Gen 3, they will have allot of surplus sights left from the Glocks because they will no longer available in CA except LEO

dont worry, we can get around the operable handgun law, a gun is considered inoperable if you need a tool to make it fire, all we need is trigger buttons and use bullets to operate them and were good to go :p

Malthusian
07-22-2010, 7:02 PM
Well at least we don't have to worry about serial numbers on our bullets

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 7:05 PM
Well at least we don't have to worry about serial numbers on our bullets

Unfortunately that is a lot closer to reality than you may think.

Notblake
07-22-2010, 7:07 PM
SHHHHHH don't give the bradys any ideas!

Bill Carson
07-22-2010, 7:23 PM

Was his name elmer ?

Bigtwin
07-22-2010, 7:25 PM

Then I should be OK since my sights work fine, they don't need fixing!
Sounds like I got in pre-ban!

SoCalRandy
07-22-2010, 7:43 PM
...Actually as of Jan 1st we will only be allowed to have one operable handgun

I hope you are joking but, if not what are you referring to?

Munk
07-22-2010, 8:55 PM
I laughed when I saw the first post. Thanks for making my day.

they need some of these
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/ke6guj/homeboynightsites.jpg

You guys DO realize that a few people have MADE these damn things. Dovetailed the side of a slide and made it happen.I've also seen optics on AR15s mounted to side and/or diagonal rails... Funny stuff, welcome to "kill-shot" town.

Turo
07-22-2010, 9:51 PM

Lol, sarcasm travels REALLY well online doesn't it?

Old4eyes
07-22-2010, 10:33 PM
In one sense if the idiots were to ban adjustable sights, it would be counter intuitive to what the Federal Import point system would be promoting. The Federal Import Point system was created to keep cheap foreign Saturday Night Specials out of the country. It awards points for certain characteristics with a adjustable sight being worth 5 points and a click adjustable site worth 10 points.

But just because it would be counter intuitive to what the Feds think is a sign of a quality weapon doesn't mean that the pin heads in Sacramento wouldn't think twice about doing something stupid. Forgive me, I put think and Sacramento into the same sentence.

Scorpiusdeus
07-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Actually they are banning sights all together! :eek: :D

AND you have to close your eyes. Shooting using "The Force" is the only acceptable way.

Malthusian
07-23-2010, 10:16 AM

Yes it was a joke

I was alluding to Chicago's new gun restrictions

07-23-2010, 3:22 PM
I've also seen optics on AR15s mounted to side and/or diagonal rails... Funny stuff, welcome to "kill-shot" town.

Yeah, this guy is a real goof:

http://accurateshooter.net/Blog/miculekcarbine01.jpg

acolytes
07-23-2010, 3:28 PM
Who needs sites, since the doj says anything that has a pistol grip allows you to spray from the hip better? Handguns have pistol grips, so you should be spraying from the hip instead of taking aimed shots anyway. :chris:

HkFan416
07-23-2010, 3:45 PM
And I ask you Mr. Governor and People of the Sate of California! Please prohibit the possession and use of dangerous weaponized adjustable sights as it enables the handguns hidden ability to travel over 2 miles and penetrate jetliners and nearby animal shelters and schools. Please call your Local elected officials and tell them to vote yes on AB-556. Think of the children, preserve our nations animal shelters and most of all protect our wonderful and expedient airline companies.

Sincerly,
Paul Helmke
President, Brady Campaign

Looks like the gunshop employee wasn't lying afterall.

cineski
07-23-2010, 4:03 PM
-JFfN5pKzFU

Malthusian
07-23-2010, 4:23 PM
Did he mention the Loaded Camber Indicator requirement for revolvers starting in Jan?

Agent Orange
07-23-2010, 4:37 PM

I know guys whose guns shoot that way even with sights ;)

mrkurtz
07-23-2010, 5:12 PM
Luckily I'm not impacted since I always close my eyes before I pull the trigger anyway.