PDA

View Full Version : Glock extended mag release

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 3:29 PM
If anyone is one the fence about this... Get it. I got mine in the mail today. Installs easily and makes a HUGE difference against that tiny Glock factory mag release. As far as I'm concerned this is essential equipment.

Oldnoob
07-22-2010, 3:35 PM
I had one but did not like it. It stab way too far for me that my support hand will hurt upon recoil.

Now the extended slide release was genies design. All Glock should have it.

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 3:44 PM
I had one but did not like it. It stab way too far for me that my support hand will hurt upon recoil.

Now the extended slide release was genies design. All Glock should have it.

Got big hands? I can't get my support hand to do much of anything to it.

VictorFranko
07-22-2010, 4:06 PM
Extended mag release?
I wouldn't leave home without it!

ZRT650
07-22-2010, 4:19 PM
yeah both the factory mag and slide releases are essential for any glock. I really wonder why Glock has not caught on to this. One recommendation I would make however is taking some really fine sandpaper and rounding of the edges of the factory mag release. If you cary the corners can dig into you a bit. Also I have 2 factory extended mag releases if any one would like one send me a pm.

kazman
07-22-2010, 4:35 PM
Got one and like it too. Also make sure if you carry IWB that it doesn't snag on holstering or release when sitting. I had to pound an indent in my leather crossbreed so it didn't accidentally depress.

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 4:38 PM
Got one and like it too. Also make sure if you carry IWB that it doesn't snag on holstering or release when sitting. I had to pound an indent in my leather crossbreed so it didn't accidentally depress.

Excellent point. I didn't think of that because I'm setting my Glock 17 up for competition. If I tried to carry it concealed on a daily bases it might cause an issue.

esskay
07-22-2010, 5:01 PM
The Vickers Glock mag release is a good compromise between the two for hard use.

Uncle Jess
07-22-2010, 6:30 PM
ZRT650 you have pm

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 6:30 PM
Aaaaand boom goes the dynamite.

DaveFJ80
07-22-2010, 6:43 PM
Extended mag release? I have 2 of them... Glock and Vickers. I put them on, and took them both out within a minute. I don't like the feel of the extended mag release on my hand when I hold the gun. I'm thinking about grinding down the Glock mag release to somewhere between where it was, and where the stock height is.

Extended slide release? Best mod for a Glock IMO.

HCz
07-22-2010, 7:14 PM
The Vickers Glock mag release is a good compromise between the two for hard use.

I'd say Vickers's is the best of both worlds. I have it on my G19 and love that thing.

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 7:16 PM
I don't like the Vickers as much. It requires more extension, at least on my hands. But any mag release extension is better than the factory one. The Gen 4s seem to have addressed the issue, but I haven't held one yet.

SJgunguy24
07-22-2010, 7:22 PM
Essential? No not really IMO? I'd spend the money on a good holster, mags, ammo, and training.

The extended slide release is more important and having spare springs. Even my old IDPA gun doens't have the extended mag release.

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 7:27 PM
Essential? No not really IMO? I'd spend the money on a good holster, mags, ammo, and training.

The extended slide release is more important and having spare springs. Even my old IDPA gun doens't have the extended mag release.

You are kind of inventing an "either or situation" which wasn't the case. I didn't sacrifice a good holster or ammo or training for an extended mag release. Kind of comical considering an extended mag release is what? $20?

HighLander51
07-22-2010, 7:27 PM
If you are talking about 3rd Gen, and earlier, it's only the G21/G20 factory $2 mag release. The extended slide stop may seem cool, until you slam it down on a hard surface, then the mag will disconnect by about 1/16" and after the first shot, it will quit.

Greg-Dawg
07-22-2010, 7:30 PM
My G35 came with it and love it.

sirgiles
07-22-2010, 7:34 PM
i love it too except that it snags on both my mtac and crossbreed. :(

OneSevenDeuce
07-22-2010, 7:49 PM
If you are talking about 3rd Gen, and earlier, it's only the G21/G20 factory $2 mag release.

What in the world are you talking about?

esskay
07-22-2010, 8:53 PM
What in the world are you talking about?

He means the extended mag release for small frame Glocks is basically the standard mag release from the large frame Glocks

AlliedArmory
07-22-2010, 9:01 PM
The Vickers mag release is my favorite.

Ext slide release is a must

SJgunguy24
07-22-2010, 9:07 PM
You are kind of inventing an "either or situation" which wasn't the case. I didn't sacrifice a good holster or ammo or training for an extended mag release. Kind of comical considering an extended mag release is what? $20?

No you asked if that was considered "essential" equipment, I say no it's not. That's just one mans opinion. I'm not a big fan of having all the neato doo dads when that effort should be spent on trigger time. A 400$ Glock with 300$ of stuff is useless if the operator shoots once a month.
Now a 400$ Glock with a set of night sights and the operator shoots 2-3 times a week will have a better chance of winning, whether it's IDPA or a gunfight.