PDA

View Full Version : Glock discontinued RTF& OD pistols ???

toneman
07-22-2010, 9:03 AM
I've got an email from one of the online dealer saying

Big changes are coming for all you Glock lovers and Glock owners as Glock has just announced they will no longer be producing their line of OD Green guns. That's just the start of many changes to come to the Glock lineup of pistols and accessories. Additionally, all Glock rough textured frame (RTF) guns will only be made available for law enforcement purchases once the Glock inventory is depleted.

So is that mean if I want the RTF or OD green gun I need to move quick ???

Valkyriearms
07-22-2010, 9:09 AM
According to one of my sales reps this is true. He said he got this info directly through Glock. I have not verified this yet.

Flying Sig
07-22-2010, 9:10 AM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=323124

Shenaniguns
07-22-2010, 9:35 AM

Yeah but that title is misleading as the 4th Gen Glock is not being discontinued, the 3rd Gen RTF models are.

toneman
07-22-2010, 9:56 AM

Oh sorry if I multi post But I don't think it is about the RTF is being done,
I'm in the market for Glock & I really want that rough textured frame,
& at the same time if Glock decided to sell their RTF to LEO only,
is that mean that old RTF will go up in value ?

Futurecollector
07-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Oh sorry if I multi post But I don't think it is about the RTF is being done,
I'm in the market for Glock & I really want that rough textured frame,
& at the same time if Glock decided to sell their RTF to LEO only,
is that mean that old RTF will go up in value ?

yeah it will go up in value, from 500 to 505

tacticalcity
07-22-2010, 10:11 AM
That's like freaking out because car company changes the body style on one of the cars. It is a normal evolution.

RTF was just a trial run before committing 100% to textured grips on their planned GEN4 line of glocks. They served their purpose. They let Glock know the public would accept the textured grip and it would not kill their sales if they switched to it 100%. Now that the GEN4 is out, and has the textured grip, they no longer need to produce GEN3 guns with RTF grips. GEN3 can go away and they can completely retool for the GEN4 design.

The only reason it matters to us is the last time I checked the GEN4 Glocks were not on the California Safe Handgun Roster. As soon as they are, it won't matter at all to us. Out with the old, in with the new as we all rush out to get the latest version.

XYZ
07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
The RTF2 is being discontinued as the RTF3 is on the Gen4. Glock plans to eventually transition all of their pistols to the Gen 4 model. There are still plenty of OD, Gen 2 and Gen 3RTF2 models still out there and will always be available.

kozumasbullitt
07-22-2010, 12:59 PM
Yup no more OD green.

osxgp
07-24-2010, 11:38 PM
My dealer told me that the RTF and OD green were being discontinued for civillian sales and only being sold to LE. This is from an email he got from his distributer. He managed to order a G19 with the RTF for me though. My guess is that Glock is trying to create demand to help distributers sell off the older style of Glocks so people will buy the new Gen 4 models.