PDA

View Full Version : have you recently FTF PPT a Handgun? L.A. area fee's you paid and reviews?

Krusher
07-21-2010, 7:38 PM
Looking for input, I may be getting my 1st handgun soon.
Am looking around the L.A. area want to know your recent transfer reviews and how did it go?. Looking also to find out what fee's you were charged. I know there is a sticky with many places listed but I am looking for reviews from recent FTF PPT transfers and how the staffing was as well.

This request is put out for the purpose of finding out whom I would like to use, and who I would like to avoid. I've been through he DROS of the M44 I own, know there is a little different paperwork when it comes to the Handgun. But anything else I should expect out of the shop and or paperwork wise to complete my transfer?

Thanks ahead of time for the input everyone.
:chris:

Cokebottle
07-21-2010, 7:56 PM
FTF-PPT fee is limited by state law to no more than $35.

The actual cost of the DROS is $25, same as any transfer, but the shop is only allowed to charge an additional $10 above the DROS.

Krusher
07-21-2010, 9:42 PM
Good information, and confirms what I have read around the forum.
any recent places you have used you care to toss a review at? :)
thanks

FTF-PPT fee is limited by state law to no more than $35.

The actual cost of the DROS is $25, same as any transfer, but the shop is only allowed to charge an additional $10 above the DROS.

shoupdawg
07-21-2010, 11:49 PM
People blast them around here, but I've used Turner's Outdoorsman. My last PPT was for an off-list revolver and the Seller was leery with using Turner's. But it was halfway between the both of us and he kindly agreed. No issues at all. Turner's in Reseda's not bad either.

AlliedArmory
07-22-2010, 7:49 AM
Max you can be charged for a PPT is $35.

I have done PPTs at multiple places and all have been excellent.

Ammo Bros, Ade's, Turners Pasadena, Oaktree Gun club, LA Gun Club. Avg time should be in the range of 30 minutes.

Saym14
07-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Alamo in west covina - BEST in the SGV
ammo bros in cerritos
in the time you wait in line at Turners these other two will have you done.