PDA

View Full Version : Executor PPT firearm Question

Malthusian
07-21-2010, 2:51 PM
An executor wishes to transfer a firearm to an individual
The individual need to have an HSC not felon etc.

They meet at FFL for PPT

Executor needs to bring what?

Documentation that he is the legal executor of the original handgun owners estate?

Big Jake
07-21-2010, 2:53 PM
An executor wishes to transfer a firearm to an individual
The individual need to have an HSC not felon etc.

They meet at FFL for PPT

Executor needs to bring what?

Documentation that he is the legal executor of the original handgun owners estate?

This + death certificate I would think. This thread would be better placed in the FFL forum!

POLICESTATE
07-21-2010, 2:54 PM
Why would he bring anything other than his ID? When I have been a seller in the PPT process I just show my ID, no proof of ownership or anything required. But that was with a long gun so maybe handgun is different?

Malthusian
07-21-2010, 2:58 PM
Makes sense. There is never any verification that the owner of the gun is the actual owner. Other then if the gun is reported stolen, whose to know any better

Thanks

Mark in Eureka
07-21-2010, 3:57 PM
If this is a bequest from a will, it is not nessary to go through a dealer. It is exempt from the Gun Control Act of 1968. All other requirements must be met. There is a state form for recording willed handguns.

ojisan
07-21-2010, 4:02 PM
If this is a bequest from a will, it is not nessary to go through a dealer. It is exempt from the Gun Control Act of 1968. All other requirements must be met. There is a state form for recording willed handguns.

If the guns are in a trust (not a bequest from a will) is it necessary to file the state form for willed guns?