PDA

View Full Version : Sig P6

Wompinblazer
07-21-2010, 12:23 PM
So I get my very first Sig Sauer out of Jail this Sunday and I cant wait to fire it. I am so excited to own my very own Sig and was hoping you all could tell me some excellent stories about your Sigs while I wait.

Oldnoob
07-21-2010, 1:07 PM
I just got my German trade in P225 yesterday too. I couldn't wait to take home and clean so I just shot it right after the paper works. It fired 250 flawless rounds despite being gummed up with grease and all other kind of s*^$ in it. After the short range trip, I spend 3 hours to detail strip every part and make sure all parts are working (found the slide roll pin was broken, need to replace).

Great gun, and I will post a range review soon.

viet4lifeOC
07-21-2010, 1:15 PM
can you two tell me the numbers on your standard front and rear sights. I am thinking of replacing the all black with standard white dot and post sights, but not sure if I should keep the #7 front and #8 rear sights the same numbers or change to #8 front and # 8 rear (standard now for all 9mm).

is it standard to have both front and rear sights having the same number?

Oldnoob
07-21-2010, 1:24 PM
can you two tell me the numbers on your standard front and rear sights. I am thinking of replacing the all black with standard white dot and post sights, but not sure if I should keep the #7 front and #8 rear sights the same numbers or change to #8 front and # 8 rear (standard now for all 9mm).

is it standard to have both front and rear sights having the same number?

My 225 is a German police trade in (JD), so I'm not sure if the sights were standard. But since I have such great first experience at the range, I'm not going to change them. It's #9 in front, and #7 at the back.

Both my W. German 226 (JJ and KB) had #8 on both front and back.

Bullwinkle
07-21-2010, 1:44 PM
I don't know if this is "standard" for Sig or not, but:

9mm - #8 front #8 rear
.357Sig - #6 front #8 rear
.40S&W - #6 front #8 rear
.45ACP - #8 front #8 rear

These numbers are based on the TruGlo TFO sight sets, and this is how TruGlo's (not Sig's) customer service people told me to order. I've got a 226 & 229 both in .40, and the #6/#8 combo is spot on for both of them.

JTROKS
07-21-2010, 2:27 PM
I've been told to stay away from promag magazines, but I just had to try one of the 8 rounders for my P6. I have had the mag loaded for 5 months now, although I don't get to shoot much like I used to the magazine hasn't failed me. I have two original mags and the promag, I think that should be enough for a house gun.

ucb
07-21-2010, 2:30 PM
Good price on NEW factory sig mags here

http://www.pistolsandparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2067

Love my P225..I shoot better groups with it than I do with my brand new P226R, despite the 225 being an 80s police trade in

1nsanity
07-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Nice find on some reasonably priced factory p225 mags. Cheapest I found new were from top gun supply at 40ish ea. (?). I am assuming these are intended for thumb mag release models which could also be used for Euro/ heel release models but not vice versa? It's next to impossible trying to find mags for my p220 9mm which is the thumb release model and from time to time see them for the Euro p220 although pretty rare nowadays. Luckily my p220 .38 super mags work flawlessly in my p220 9mm and was actually able to stock up more of them from top gun supply... I can see the p225/ p6 going that route as well since getting limited mag/ part support as well, I'm thinking...

Good price on NEW factory sig mags here

http://www.pistolsandparts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2067

Love my P225..I shoot better groups with it than I do with my brand new P226R, despite the 225 being an 80s police trade in

wilit
07-21-2010, 10:35 PM
I am so excited to own my very own Sig and was hoping you all could tell me some excellent stories about your Sigs while I wait.

During the Grenada invasion in 1983, I blew up 5 communist tanks with my P6. Several years ago, I took down an elephant in Burkina Faso with 1 shot at 2000 meters. :cool:

J/K... I love my P6. It's a great way to get into a Sig for not a whole lot of money. They shoot just as good as any of the newer models.

JTROKS
07-21-2010, 11:17 PM
During the Grenada invasion in 1983, I blew up 5 communist tanks with my P6. Several years ago, I took down an elephant in Burkina Faso with 1 shot at 2000 meters. :cool:

J/K... I love my P6. It's a great way to get into a Sig for not a whole lot of money. They shoot just as good as any of the newer models.

My unit during OIF traded our M9s for P6s!!! That's how good they are. In fact we didn't need any DMRs because our P6s can accurately hit and neutralize the enemy at 1000 meters.

LOL! Jk. I like my P6 for what I paid for it. I don't worry about it when stashed in my fanny pack set up while doing stuff around the house.

bsg
07-22-2010, 12:33 AM
congratulations on your P6; a piece of history.

5.56Geo
07-22-2010, 6:01 AM
Enjoy your p6. I just picted up 2 SIG Sauer magazines for $31 each at the gunshow.