PDA

View Full Version : Fullsize HK USP45 rail adapter

neomedic
07-21-2010, 10:14 AM
Want to mount an M6 (light/laser) for a full size USP .45

Who makes the best rail adapter and where can I get one?

I know GG&G makes one...are they the best for this or is there another brand that is preferred?

Thanks.

drunktank
07-21-2010, 10:25 AM
I had the surefire one and it was rock solid.

On a side note I also had a TLR-3 (standard one and not the USP specific one). It mounted fine on the rail without the use of the surefire adapter or the ones the Streamlight came with.

Hope this helps.

winnre
07-21-2010, 10:25 AM
Yea my rail won't fit my bayonet and I am miffed. Is it a custom HK size?

plan-b
07-21-2010, 11:47 AM
I have the GG&G and it's very, very solid. I can only imagine that the Surefire adapter is at least equal. There are adapters that run as little as $10 and they're probably okay. But I know the GG&G and Surefire brands so for me it's worth the extra money for peace of mind that they'll hold up under recoil forces.

neomedic
07-21-2010, 1:04 PM
Yeah...I rather have a solid metal one. Not on of those $10 plastic one. So I guess its between a GG&G or a Surefire one. The cheapest GG&G one I can find is about $48 shipped to my door. Anything cheaper????

drunktank
07-21-2010, 4:28 PM
Not that I've seen. Having owned the surefire, I'd say get the GG&G since it's cheaper in price. Good luck with your choice!

norcal01
07-21-2010, 4:34 PM
I have the surefire adapter and it works great, no complaints at all. That being said I think the GG&G one is a little cheaper and I have no complaints with any of their products either. I did try a cheap adapter, don't remember the brand, and there was a small amount of play with the light attached.

BattlefieldJosh
07-21-2010, 7:05 PM
I happen to Have Pro-Mag One for sale. Pm me if interested.

sirgiles
07-21-2010, 7:08 PM
stick with a gg&g. very stable but i dont know if its the best.

plan-b
07-21-2010, 7:32 PM
When you get past the GG&G adapter pricewise, you're probably going above the point of diminishing returns. That is, the Surefire is probably a better rail, but for the price, it's not likely to be 2x better.