PDA

View Full Version : PPT from a person coming into california?

maschronic
04-19-2006, 8:57 AM
I have a friend who will be driving down from washington in couple of months. he will be bringing down two rifles for me. kel-tec SU-16ca and kel-tec 2000 9mm beretta. he is the registered owner of both rifles. he wants to sell them to me. both of the rifles are california legal. i'm not sure if PPT is only between california residents or if it includes out of state residents too.

my question is this. can i do a PPT from a person who is out of state? that person will be present at the gun store.

RHT447
04-19-2006, 9:10 AM
No, you can't PPT from a person who is out of state (non-California resident). It will have to be run as a dealer sale, the same as if you had bought them from an out of state gun shop and had them shipped to your local FFL.

maschronic
04-19-2006, 9:15 AM
really, that sucks!!!! i hate paying for shipping and extra fees!!!! damn...why did i pick to live in california??? haha.. thanks.

jrhglock99
04-19-2006, 9:33 AM
Just for the record, the sub-2000 is not legal in CA. It is an assault weapon, due to the fact it is centerfire, has a pistol grip and detachable magazine.

maschronic
04-19-2006, 9:41 AM
really?!?!?! wow, i better tell my friend. thanks for the info glock 99!!!

Just for the record, the sub-2000 is not legal in CA. It is an assault weapon, due to the fact it is centerfire, has a pistol grip and detachable magazine.