PDA

View Full Version : Wanted-Surplus Greek HXP .3006 on Garand clips

Okami
04-19-2006, 7:14 AM
Hi guys,

Have you seen any for sale in southern Cali.
I'm looking to buy some right away while i wait for a case from the CMP for my new Garand.
Thanks!

~Okami

Snuffalofogus
04-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Hi guys,

I'm looking to buy some right away while i wait for a case from the CMP for my new Garand.
Thanks!

~Okami

If you wanted to go with some corrosive surplus jgsales has 500 rounds of Korean 30.06 for 88+shipping.

I've gone through tons of this stuff, and havent had any problems yet.

ocabj
04-19-2006, 11:07 AM

Where do you shoot at?

Okami
04-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks Snuffalofogus,
I'm out by Riverside. :)
No problems with the KA Korean. Is it pretty acurrate? Any extra cleaning involved. I just got this garand so shooting them is new to me. :)

Snuffalofogus
04-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks Snuffalofogus,
I'm out by Riverside. :)
No problems with the KA Korean. Is it pretty acurrate? Any extra cleaning involved. I just got this garand so shooting them is new to me. :)

Shoots fine, but its pretty dirty.

As far as cleaning goes you would have to clean the barrell/gas system with windex first because the primers are corrosive.

I dont mind cleaning it, but some folks dont like the hassle. The only reason I use the korean stuff is because it is cheap.

Okami
04-19-2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the info on the clean up. :)
I've seen some for sale but it was 16-17 bucks a bandoleer.

ocabj
04-19-2006, 1:24 PM
Thanks for the info on the clean up. :)
I've seen some for sale but it was 16-17 bucks a bandoleer.

Where do you shoot at and how many rounds do you need?

Okami
04-19-2006, 1:30 PM
I'll probably go to Lytle creek and need at least 200 or so rounds. :)

Boarding-Team-Leader
04-19-2006, 2:47 PM
Hi guys,
a case from the CMP for my new Garand.
Thanks!

~Okami

Wolf, (Japanese translation of "Okami" for the fair skinned folks)
Congratulations on picking up a Garand!
I assume you bought your Garand from the CMP as well as the ammo. What did you buy?, and how long did it take to reach you? I just received an e-mail from the CMP stating my order (HR Correct Grade) was received and to not call with any questions for at least 21 days. I just wanted to get a time frame guesstimate on when to start checking on the order.
If I prove capable with mine I plan on joining a local club and going to the monthly competitions. Just one more way to have fun shooting.
Good luck with yours.
BTL

Okami
04-19-2006, 3:21 PM
BTL,

Cool that you picked up on the Okami :)

I did order one from the CMP and it was my first. From when i sent off my packet priority mail to the rifle getting to my home was just over 2 weeks for a Greek Field Grade rifle. All of the parts with the exception of the rear sight base and cover, stock metal, gas tube and bolt assembly looked excellent to like new. The stock is greek but in excellent condition with USGI Hand Guards in fair condition.

A great deal for roughly $425 delivered

Here's some pics, I'm not sure what kind of wood it is other than greek.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Okami099/Apr18502.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Okami099/Apr18501.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Okami099/Apr18500.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/Okami099/Apr18499.jpg

Good luck with yours!

~Okami

glen avon
04-19-2006, 3:34 PM
it's beech.

check your PMs

Okami
04-19-2006, 4:15 PM
Thanks Glen,

It is a pretty solid stock with very little wear. I'm going to replace the handguards as soon as i find some.

~Okami

glen avon
04-19-2006, 4:28 PM
beech handguards are not common.

your best bet for handguards will be to wait for northridge at the next fun show, they bring a bunch, you can get some walnut that might match fairly well. their prices are fair, too.

xrMike
04-19-2006, 4:29 PM
Pics are kinda fuzzy, but it looks to be excellent finish for a Field grade too. I think you scored pretty good with that one... Even on the gas tube -- finish looks strong.

xrMike
04-19-2006, 4:34 PM
Also hard to tell for sure, but it looks like you got the famous black greek park finish (versus the grey/green park that comes on some M1s...) Mine was a greek Service grade with grey/green, but I would've have been happy with either shade as long as the gun was in great shape, as mine was, and yours looks to be.

Okami
04-19-2006, 10:24 PM
I'm really happy with it. I think you're right on the black park.. Kind of a matte/satin finish on the reciever and trigger group. I think that it looks pretty good though. Just need to get some good replacement wood on there. :)