PDA

View Full Version : hunter safety certificate question?

SocalShooterX
07-20-2010, 10:03 PM
hey guys quick question, i took my hunter safety class and got my license a couple years ago and it's now expired, is there a way i can renew it without taking the class all over again?

trautert
07-20-2010, 10:07 PM
Hunting licenses can expire. Your Hunter Ed Safety card doesn't.

spectr17
07-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Just show your old hunting license to get a current license.

ghostrider
07-20-2010, 10:09 PM
You shouldn't have to take the Hunters Safety course over again
I got mine in 1978 and all I do is bring in my expired hunting license when I'm ready to renew

SocalShooterX
07-20-2010, 11:22 PM
Just show your old hunting license to get a current license.

show it to who?

thanks guys! you saved me form sitting through a 8 class again!

spectr17
07-20-2010, 11:29 PM
Show it to whoever you buy your new hunting license from.

Make a digital copy of your Hunter Safety card too so if you ever lose it you can prove you've already taken it.

AAShooter
07-21-2010, 6:12 AM
Some good ideas expressed here. As far as your Hunter Ed certificate/card, you want to make sure you hang on to it. Although you can buy your new license off your old license in California, if you go out of state you will need to present your original Hunter Ed certificate/card--no copies.

So if you have lost your certificate, I suggest you work on getting a replacement.

SocalShooterX
07-21-2010, 7:23 AM
I have a laminated copy of my hunter ed certificate but i like the idea of a digital copy.

i checked out the website and apparently the big 5 near me sells them! so i'm gonna head over today or tomorrow and get one!

AAShooter
07-21-2010, 7:27 AM
I have a laminated copy of my hunter ed certificate but i like the idea of a digital copy.

i checked out the website and apparently the big 5 near me sells them! so i'm gonna head over today or tomorrow and get one!

Sounds like a good plan.

SocalShooterX
07-21-2010, 7:31 AM
yeah! man i totally owe you guys one I almost canceled a trip to do my course again before things got too busy.

mif_slim
07-21-2010, 8:43 AM
Hunting licenses can expire. Your Hunter Ed Safety card doesn't.

Not true, once your hunting license expires so does your Hunters ed.

jk jk jk!

Just go buy another license. H.E last a life time.

taperxz
07-21-2010, 3:55 PM
What did you do? Sleep through the hunter safety course you took? That is one of the first things they tell you!! I think it is one of the questions on the freakin test!!!

Perhaps you may want to take a refresher course. I have taught this class!!

SocalShooterX
07-21-2010, 4:22 PM
To be perfectly honest I actually took the course 7-8 years ago when I was in boys outs Over 6 weekends so I don't remember everything. I am looking to retake the course still or at least get took and restudy without taking the test again.

taperxz
07-21-2010, 4:42 PM
Take the class and the test! This is not a bogus course and it will teach you ethics and basic hunting rules that you really need to know without looking up the rules in the book.

As a hunter you want to know the rules of hunting well!! It is kinda like trying to play baseball, football, golf or even monopoly. It is more fun if you know all the rules. JMO and have fun!!