PDA

View Full Version : I need a job.(welding)

novabrian
07-20-2010, 9:00 PM
I need a job Welding.I used to be in Oil Tank Construction and I would like to go back into it.If you know of a company hiring let me know.

gravedigger
07-20-2010, 10:00 PM
More details are needed. Where are you located now? Are you willing to relocate? What pay range are you willing to accept? Part-time? Full-time? temporary? Mobile, or in shop only? Night shift okay? Which of the MANY welding processes are you skilled in? MIG? TIG? Stick? Inner-shield? Underwater?

Alone? Family? Kids? Would you accept a position in another country?

If you want someone to point you to a job doing what YOU do, they need to know what you do.

Tom Slick
07-21-2010, 9:52 AM
There are a couple companies hiring welders in the Paso Robles area. One is a tank manuf.

glockman19
07-21-2010, 9:54 AM
More details are needed. Where are you located now? Are you willing to relocate? What pay range are you willing to accept? Part-time? Full-time? temporary? Mobile, or in shop only? Night shift okay? Which of the MANY welding processes are you skilled in? MIG? TIG? Stick? Inner-shield? Underwater?

If you want someone to point you to a job doing what YOU do, they need to know what you do.

You forgot Arc welding

novabrian
07-21-2010, 11:46 AM
You forgot Arc welding

Arc is stick.All processes make an arc except gas.That's why it's a broad term when you say arc.I am located in OC.I would be willing to locate it the price was right.I am looking to get paid scale.I can weld stick,Tig,Mig, Thermal cut and Gouge.I have not welded flux core.

Philbilly
07-28-2010, 2:52 AM
No Flux Core! And you call yourself a proffesional?:rofl2:

Philbilly
07-28-2010, 2:54 AM
Nice comeback on the ARC processes though:kest:

s10rick
07-28-2010, 7:03 AM
It's rough right now... Have you worked in any of the South Bay Refineries?

I work for a contractor in Long Beach and although it's slow... I can get you hooked up with our recruiting guy. We do a lot of Pipe and Structural Welding/fitting.

Are you a single hand or do have a rig?

It would help if you had/got a RSO Card... and a TWIC card would be a big plus.

fermi
07-31-2010, 10:43 PM
TIMEC is hiring depending on your certs, check them out.

farnorcal
07-31-2010, 10:50 PM
No Flux Core! And you call yourself a proffesional?:rofl2:

if he can run gas shielded mig then im sure he would have no problem running flux core

Philbilly
08-09-2010, 9:42 AM
I was trying to be a smartxxx:rolleyes:. Goodluck with the search. Even if you must lower your expectations a good welder is always needed somewhere.

chris
08-09-2010, 11:51 AM

You forgot Arc welding

or you go this route.IIRC these are the terms i learned in school.
Stick Metal Arc Welding(SMAW),Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW),Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW).

good luck to you. i quite welding years ago because of the wages being brought down by people who will work for next to nothing.

novabrian
08-09-2010, 12:48 PM
or Tungsten Inert Gas(TIG) and Metal Inert Gas(MIG)

novabrian
08-10-2010, 3:07 PM
Oh yeah and I had a DUI 3 years ago.So I am looking for a company
that will overlook that.

novabrian
08-12-2010, 3:20 PM
BTT