View Full Version : New Toy - S&W 22-4 Classic

Mac Attack
07-20-2010, 7:02 PM
I finally was able to free my new S&W 22-4 Classic from the CA jail yesterday. I took her out for a little trigger time and man is she a great shooter. Recoil wasn't bad but I don't think I could shoot more than 200 rounds through her.

I realized two things after shooting her. First, I realize I have become a lazy shooter over the years as I have only shot auto's and no revolvers. I forgot how much trigger strength it takes to shoot a revolver in double action. I put about 120 round through her in DA and could not pull the trigger or keep my hand from shaking after that. In single action she has a nice crisp trigger and was dead nuts to POA.

The second thing I realized is my baby did not like my .45 ACP reloads. My reloads would not drop into the cylinders and I had to push them in with quite a bit of effort to seat them in the chambers so the cylinder would close. My 1911's gobble up my reloads without a problem but not my Smith. I tried some factory rounds and they dropped right in so I need to figure this one out.

I have put myself on a revolver exercise regiment and set a goal to dry fire 100 times a day until I can build up strength on my trigger finger. Hopefully in a month or so I will be able to shoot another hundred more.

Anyways, here she is on a bed of roses. Can anyone guess what caliber rounds she is laying on?

07-20-2010, 7:58 PM
Nice pick up! Has character.

07-20-2010, 8:02 PM
Beautiful classic. You might consider one of these...

Guitar players use them as well as some shooters to develop finger strength.

07-20-2010, 8:04 PM
Nice wheelgun. Laying on 357 SIG no?

07-20-2010, 8:06 PM
Anyways, here she is on a bed of roses. Can anyone guess what caliber rounds she is laying on?

OK I'll play...

.357-44 Bain & Davis?

Gorgeous gun, by the way. If I hadn't snagged one a 24-3 recently I woulda grabbed one of those nickel 22-4's in a heartbeat...

07-20-2010, 8:07 PM
First of all, nice wheel-gun. :)
Second of all, I agree with the above post. Definitely looks like .357 Sig.

Mac Attack
07-20-2010, 8:34 PM
Nope not a. 357 Sig or .357-44 B&D. Nice guesses though. :)