PDA

View Full Version : 580 shootout, political violence?

Pittsburgher
07-20-2010, 6:41 PM
I'm wondering what CalGunners think of the 580 shootout.

Is he a criminal or just a conservative nutcase like Richard Poplowski who ate up Fox News "entertainment" programs that create scapegoats of political enemies worthy of extermination?

I'm sure everyone else here, conservative gentlemen included, is really unnerved by how this damages the stereotypes the public has of gun owners.

Yeah, I know it would be nice to live in a world without stereotypes, but that world would just be an annoying PC-world.

It disturbs me that some people think civil war or terrorism is the way to go. Aren't gun owners well versed in the history and horrors of organized violence?

offdeez
07-20-2010, 6:57 PM
Political prisoner

offdeez
07-20-2010, 6:58 PM
Sent to further the anti gun agenda

offdeez
07-20-2010, 6:59 PM
Or A complete nutjob

dustoff31
07-20-2010, 7:02 PM
He is just a criminal, doing what criminals do. He could be a nutball as well.

He's a two time loser for bank robbery, so I really don't see how it damages the image of law abiding gun owners as he isn't one. Nor does it appear that he ever has been one.

offdeez
07-20-2010, 7:13 PM
He is just a criminal, doing what criminals do. He could be a nutball as well.

He's a two time loser for bank robbery, so I really don't see how it damages the image of law abiding gun owners as he isn't one. Nor does it appear that he ever has been one.

On the news and in the court of public opinion he is a gun owner from rural CA

Purple K
07-20-2010, 7:16 PM
It was announced earlier on KGO radio that the whacko was on his way to San Francisco to kill people at the ACLU and Tides Headquarters'

Barabas
07-20-2010, 7:37 PM
Well, shooting at LEO during a traffic stop has a criminal smell to it, so I'd just say he's a conservative whacktard watching too much FOX.

Is this a serious discussion thread? The guy has two strikes and has spent almost his entire adult life behind bars. He just got out for bank robbery for crying out loud.

ETA: Horrors of organized violence? As opposed to the pleasantries of disorganized violence. I'm no friend of armchair revolutionaries, but for crying out loud. Mountains out of molehills people.

masameet
07-20-2010, 8:09 PM
They were his mama's guns!

She just happened to give him the combo to the gun safe. And the key to her Toyota Tundra.

He no more represents the average gun owner than Lovelle Mixon did.

Worse, he wasn't even a decent marksman.

If anything, he seems typical of the average angry person who can't articulate his thoughts via peaceful and effective means. Instead of improving himself, he fixated on blaming others for his ineffective, criminal life.

Screw him.

jmzhwells
07-20-2010, 8:18 PM
First of all, I am glad none of the Officers were injured. And Secondly, I wish the shmuck would have sustained a fatal wound. He was obviously a whack. Who gets pulled over with a shotgun a rifle a pistol and a bullet proof vest and opens up fire like crazy. Not a sane person.

norcal.xd
07-20-2010, 9:06 PM
the news said he was supposed to be on a dinner date with momma. but instead he took her guns and had a shoot out.....

Freagan
07-20-2010, 11:21 PM
On the news and in the court of public opinion he is a gun owner from rural CA

He was already a 2 strike felon, therefor could not LEGALLY own firearms...but as well know that doesn't stop convicted felons from getting a hold of them.

BigDogatPlay
07-21-2010, 6:19 AM
Is he a criminal or just a conservative nutcase like Richard Poplowski who ate up Fox News "entertainment" programs that create scapegoats of political enemies worthy of extermination?

Nice job advancing stereotypes...... now that you mention it.

The only stereotype the loser suspect in this case fits is that of career armed robber, fresh out of the joint and gunned up to go pull his next score.

End of story.

greasemonkey
07-21-2010, 7:25 AM
Pittsburgher are you trying to show us that you can only ask biased questions loaded with implications that all gun owners side with violence and convicted felons or that you're grossly uninformed?

a1c
07-21-2010, 7:46 AM
Lets see, Fox News has an average of 7 million viewers per night.

One shooter who may or may not have watched Fox News.

That's a very good point. But I doubt he listened much to KQED or read Mother Jones.

He was a wacko. Who happened to be a far right wing fanatic. He probably got his education the Glenn Beck School of Government. Which obviously doesn't mean all fans of Glenn Beck are dangerous wackos.

Czechsix
07-21-2010, 9:58 AM
what's your source for him being a 'far right wing fanatic'?

all I see from this story is a criminal with a substantial felony record pulling off another criminal act.

odysseus
07-21-2010, 10:02 AM
He was a wacko. Who happened to be a far right wing fanatic. He probably got his education the Glenn Beck School of Government. Which obviously doesn't mean all fans of Glenn Beck are dangerous wackos.

No he probably was reading the Democratic Underground website and just blew his top. :rolleyes:

Plain and simply: The guy was wacked in the head, just another crazy monkey out there.