PDA

View Full Version : Faq

WokMaster1
04-18-2006, 10:54 PM
We always see complaints from senior members whenever a newbie post a question about AR/AK or legal issues. Can we group together all relevant postings, info & links on a New to this site/FAQ forum?

taloft
04-18-2006, 11:18 PM
You mean like the big red one at the top of every forum page? Or are you looking for something else?

Justang
04-19-2006, 7:43 AM
man, that q looked a lot like a g.

ghostrider4evr
04-19-2006, 10:28 AM
I think he's looking for a super noob guide for someone who has no clue about firearms and won't do research.

WokMaster1
04-19-2006, 1:47 PM
:D The red FAQ could be a lot bigger so they can see that.:D
That's the legal part. Look, you guys have posted a lot of great ideas about building up lowers, accurizing your rifle, etc. Can we put all these useful info under one heading. If the answer is no, then no it is. Then we move on. There really is no need for any unkind words. Peace to all!:)

Update: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=32334. This not going to stop, is it????

taloft
04-19-2006, 6:33 PM
Look for the sticky thread at the top of the rifle forum. It should answer most of your basic build questions. This plus the red faq should give you enough info. to get started, and enough reference to do searches as needed for the rest of the information you seek.

You might also want to look at arf.com, they have a ton of resources for ar15 builds. Our intent is to get you a black rifle and keep you out of jail at the same time. We don't wish to become arf.com. There is so much info. on this subject that it would be a very big task to consolidate it all.

If you have a suggestion regarding the size/color of the faq link, let the Admin. know by posting in the suggestions forum.

WokMaster1
04-19-2006, 7:04 PM
Look for the sticky thread at the top of the rifle forum. It should answer most of your basic build questions. This plus the red faq should give you enough info. to get started, and enough reference to do searches as needed for the rest of the information you seek.

You might also want to look at arf.com, they have a ton of resources for ar15 builds. Our intent is to get you a black rifle and keep you out of jail at the same time. We don't wish to become arf.com. There is so much info. on this subject that it would be a very big task to consolidate it all.

If you have a suggestion regarding the size/color of the faq link, let the Admin. know by posting in the suggestions forum.

Thanks Taloft, I still like your previous (deleted) idea about consolidating all the links together. There is a ton of info here. Maybe a reference library would be a proper term. ar15.com is a wealth of info but I am refering to this site because it's California specific. We can't have what the other states have,...period.

This is what I am hoping to generate, a dialogue amongst members that will lead to better things. Does anyone else here with more experience & knowledge chime in? If this is a bad idea, let it be known why. Thank you:)

6172crew
04-20-2006, 6:46 PM
Every new poster complains about no seach engine and not finding a basic set of rules about "lowers"

I think it might be a problem but who am I?:cool:

Charliegone
04-21-2006, 5:20 PM
man, that q looked a lot like a g.

LOL I know when I first saw it I was like WTF!:eek: