PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the news tonight??

GlockComa
04-18-2006, 10:11 PM
Great I bet this will hurt us legal and law abiding gun owners.
Just saw channel 11 news and police raided a house in Upland.
Found 200+ assault rifles (ar15's, fal's) and 400+ handguns a guy was selling illegal on the streets to bad guys.

accordingtoome
04-18-2006, 10:17 PM
damn thats always bad. i bete there gonna destroy all the guns.. :( what a waste.

maschronic
04-18-2006, 10:23 PM
i just saw it!!!! i was like WTF?!?!?! wouldn't mind having some of the guns. :D

dawson8r
04-18-2006, 10:25 PM
Oh, so that's how the DOJ is going to get our lowers. Fabricate a story about a raid on an illegal gun dealer. Hundreds of assault weapons found. Introduce legislation banning all semi-auto rifles. You know, wag the dog.

Wait a minute...I have to adjust my foil hat.

dawson8r
04-18-2006, 10:28 PM
The real kicker would be if the serial numbers on some of the lowers matched those that were seized in the nor cal group buy gone bad.

accordingtoome
04-18-2006, 10:31 PM
can the admins check the member profiles to see if that robert guy is a member? could we delete him fast if he is hahaha.. ya'know bad PR and all :D

dawson8r
04-18-2006, 10:34 PM
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms special agent Davy Aguilera says investigators found some 200-assault weapons, 100 machine guns, 200 silencers, several hundred handguns and a live hand grenade at the home of Robert Ferro.

Aguilera had no further details on the search, or why Ferro was targeted.

Just a guess but I think he was targeted because he was selling machine guns, silencers, and uh, oh yeah, he was showing off his hand grenade. By the way, isn't a live hand grenade the kind where someone pulled the pin and its rolling around on the ground and everyone is running around screaming "AHHHH! WE'RE ALL GOING TO FRIGGIN DIE".

Charliegone
04-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Found 200+ assault rifles (ar15's, fal's) and 400+ handguns a guy was selling illegal on the streets to bad guys.

here is the story.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/riverside/20060418-1408-weapons.html

These dudes were CONVICTED FELONS and they still were able to get these guns...its amazing how well our gun control laws work..:rolleyes:

donger
04-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Among the cache was a Chinese-made SKS assault rifle and other rifles illegal for citizens to own.:rolleyes:

dawson8r
04-18-2006, 11:04 PM
“There's only one reason why these weapons are made, and that's to kill,” Telish said.

I know this isn't funny but the quotes from the agents involved and the choice of words by the reports is hilarious. I always thought guns were made as conversation pieces for the living room coffee table and as props in movies. You mean they can actually be used to kill someone? I going to turn all mine in right away. I think they're stashed behind the crate of live hand grenades.

TacFan
04-18-2006, 11:05 PM
here is the story.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/riverside/20060418-1408-weapons.html

These dudes were CONVICTED FELONS and they still were able to get these guns...its amazing how well our gun control laws work..:rolleyes:

what a coincidence ... someone brought up the topic of an underground shooting range today in one of the forums and here it is mentioned in this article :eek:

Charliegone
04-18-2006, 11:05 PM
I know this isn't funny but the quotes from the agents involved and the choice of words by the reports is hilarious. I always thought guns were made as conversation pieces for the living room coffee table and as props in movies. You mean they can actually be used to kill someone? I going to turn all mine in right away. I think they're stashed behind the crate of live hand grenades.

Oh, don't mind him. He's probably just kissing ***.:D

dawson8r
04-18-2006, 11:06 PM
It's amazing how well our Penal system works too!

jerryg1776
04-18-2006, 11:11 PM

Convicted felons with full auto weapons and silencers.. in CALI.. say it isnt so. they broke the law, how dare they do such a thing. Havent they been told that these laws were enacted to keep these types of weapons out of the hands of criminals. BAD FELON - GO TO JAIL - NO WEIGHT PILE FOR YOU - >>> AND HERE I AM IN CALI - where I will never be allowed to own a class III weapon, silencer or 400 pistols. At one a month, that would take me a lifetime to get. Instead I have to jump through hoops just to get what the DOJ "allows" me to have. And I am an honest, hardworking, law abiding citizen. I AM SO CONFUSED..HAHHAHA.

All I want is an SBR... well maybe more but thats another subject altogether.

I have to get off my soapbox now. Sorry.

Evil Gun
04-18-2006, 11:15 PM
...they're prolly in orgasmic spasms as we speak. This is the kind of story the msm loves to show on every broadcast they can. "Look at the evil guns." (no pun intended ;) ) "Guns cause crime." The usual drivel. :rolleyes:

Rivet
04-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Among the cache was a Chinese-made SKS assault rifle and other rifles illegal for citizens to own.

AHHHHHHH!!! *Runs around with hair on fire*

jdberger
04-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I'm wondering if this was a former Class 3 FFL who lost his license to an ATF technicality. Wouldn't be the first.

Inoxmark
04-19-2006, 12:17 AM
I'm wondering if this was a former Class 3 FFL who lost his license to an ATF technicality. Wouldn't be the first.
Says he is a former dun dealer who lost his FFL license following his conviction of possession of illegal explosives in 1992.

jdberger
04-19-2006, 12:39 AM
Says he is a former dun dealer who lost his FFL license following his conviction of possession of illegal explosives in 1992.Caught that. I was wondering if he was a machine gun/DD dealer/manufacturer. Lots of those guys have lost licenses due to paperwork technicalities.

accordingtoome
04-19-2006, 12:49 AM
what a coincidence ... someone brought up the topic of an underground shooting range today in one of the forums and here it is mentioned in this article :eek:

ya that was strange... hdcd are you related to this guy??

Rumpled
04-19-2006, 12:59 AM
7000 square foot house?
Man. I'm in the wrong business.

RRangel
04-19-2006, 7:50 AM
You know I really don't think this will hurt law abiding gun owners much. It's just more of the same sensationalism by the media that generates excitment so they can make a sale. Makes for horrific sound bites.

If you're worried about how this will effect gun owners now it's too late. The gun grabbers have enacted just about everything they've wanted to. What are they going to do ban "assault weapons"...oh wait?!

glen avon
04-19-2006, 8:05 AM
:rolleyes:

sks-d after 1989 is exactly that

blakpuc
04-19-2006, 8:36 AM
"The good news is they're out of the hands of citizens in this community and in the hands of law enforcement," -Davy Aguilera, an ATF assistant special agent
:confused:

spitkiss
04-19-2006, 9:49 AM
You know I really don't think this will hurt law abiding gun owners much. It's just more of the same sensationalism by the media that generates excitment so they can make a sale. Makes for horrific sound bites.

If you're worried about how this will effect gun owners now it's too late. The gun grabbers have enacted just about everything they've wanted to. What are they going to do ban "assault weapons"...oh wait?!

+1, I dont think its going to do anything to hurt us.

arfan66
04-19-2006, 4:43 PM
Wow...Wonder if my Bushy that was stolen 5 yrs ago was in that lot? One can only dream. :(

Rumpled
04-19-2006, 8:06 PM
So, how many here have a collection in the hundreds?
I'm at about a lowly 25.

That's a lot of weaponry, and a lot of felony time.
When will he be ready to get out? 2395 with time off for good behavior?

HKdude
04-19-2006, 9:58 PM
Wow...Wonder if my Bushy that was stolen 5 yrs ago was in that lot? One can only dream. :(

I feel your pain. Still waiting on a Colt stolen back in 1989:(

Steve

accordingtoome
04-20-2006, 12:23 AM
after seeing the pics on the news it just looks like that guy just has a big collection of guns.. no so much to sell. I think this guy just wanted to still own guns and started his collection over again. I don't know how many gangmembers want to buy a 50 year old colt revolver??

gh429
04-20-2006, 1:29 AM
Hmmm what else did the guy do for a living? I would imagine you can make a reasonable sum of money selling clean, unregistered illegal machine guns / assault rifles on the black market, and maybe if he was doing that he was also into the other stuff (such as drugs)?

But yeah I guess there is the off-chance that the guy was just a collector who retained his FFL connections...

The Soup Nazi
04-20-2006, 8:34 AM
I bet they probably found a bolt action machine gun too.

GlockComa
04-20-2006, 8:52 AM
Haha who saw those gold plated revolvers? Hahahah

BigMac
04-20-2006, 9:19 AM
pssst lots of time my butt..
I bet this guys out on bail.

The guys that burgled my store got like 30 minths for stealing guns AND selling them on the black market.

There still not in jail... The law is a joke when handeling actual criminals. I am convinced that they only exist to keep those of us with something to loose in line.

pogo
04-20-2006, 9:50 AM
Interesting story, Ferro is said to be a Cuban exile and special forces Vietnam veteran officer. He was arrested in '92 with 5 lbs of C4 at his Alpha 66 paramilitary training camp in Pomona where he was training Mexican nationals to overthrow Castro. Ferro did 2 years for the C4, he's now in his 60s and has a pacemaker.

He's claiming these guns were meant to overthrow Castro, but there are a lot of nice collectibles in the bunch. Sure would hate to see them get destroyed.

With 2 houses and half a dozen cars he is well off and has a lot to lose getting in this mess. Sounds like he needed an extra house just to warehouse the guns.

His wife knew he had a few guns, "but nothing like this".

I'll see if I can upload an LA Times pic of the shooting range in Ferro's basementhttp://members.dslextreme.com/users/pogo/ferro1.jpg

Satex
04-20-2006, 9:51 AM
Why would this hurts us law abiding gun owners? I think what happened is great! If law enforcement focuses on getting guns out of the hands of felons that shouldn't have them, maybe we will see a decrease in gun violence.

Clodbuster
04-20-2006, 12:24 PM
I just saw a re-run of Judge Dredd, and according to Judge Rico --- a civilian is a felon that hasn't yet been caught in a crime.

Sometimes life imitates art -- pretty much spells out government sentiment on your ownership of guns in California (i.e. why would you want a gun if you're law abiding)

Clod

Why would this hurts us law abiding gun owners? I think what happened is great! If law enforcement focuses on getting guns out of the hands of felons that shouldn't have them, maybe we will see a decrease in gun violence.

glen avon
04-20-2006, 1:10 PM
people will see him as one of the crazy anti-castro cuban ex-pats. some of those people are really passionate.

Cato
04-20-2006, 6:26 PM
Convicted felons with full auto weapons and silencers.. in CALI.. say it isnt so. they broke the law, how dare they do such a thing. Havent they been told that these laws were enacted to keep these types of weapons out of the hands of criminals. BAD FELON - GO TO JAIL - NO WEIGHT PILE FOR YOU - >>> AND HERE I AM IN CALI - where I will never be allowed to own a class III weapon, silencer or 400 pistols. At one a month, that would take me a lifetime to get. Instead I have to jump through hoops just to get what the DOJ "allows" me to have. And I am an honest, hardworking, law abiding citizen. I AM SO CONFUSED..HAHHAHA.

All I want is an SBR... well maybe more but thats another subject altogether.

I have to get off my soapbox now. Sorry.

The de facto law states "honest, law abiding Americans shall not own any firearm which hasn't had it's efficacy neutered and approved by a state or federal state government. Criminals, on the otherhand may possess, use, trade in, any weapon they please."

Cato
04-20-2006, 6:30 PM
Interesting story, Ferro is said to be a Cuban exile and special forces Vietnam veteran officer. He was arrested in '92 with 5 lbs of C4 at his Alpha 66 paramilitary training camp in Pomona where he was training Mexican nationals to overthrow Castro. Ferro did 2 years for the C4, he's now in his 60s and has a pacemaker.

He's claiming these guns were meant to overthrow Castro, but there are a lot of nice collectibles in the bunch. Sure would hate to see them get destroyed.

With 2 houses and half a dozen cars he is well off and has a lot to lose getting in this mess. Sounds like he needed an extra house just to warehouse the guns.

His wife knew he had a few guns, "but nothing like this".

I'll see if I can upload an LA Times pic of the shooting range in Ferro's basementhttp://members.dslextreme.com/users/pogo/ferro1.jpg

From the tv news I saws lots of double barrel shotguns with hammers, pre WW1 mauser pistols, and the like. Looks like he's a collecter as much as a counter revolutionary. That private shooting range looks LOUD with all those cinder blocks. I guess his neighbors had no idea.

taloft
04-20-2006, 6:47 PM
Imagine having to explain to the plumber how a flyer knocked a hole through your 4" sewer main.