PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot besides outdoor ranges?

jackliu239
07-20-2010, 1:57 PM
Few years ago, couple of my friend use to take me with them in the middle of no where and just do some plinking, I lost contact with them now. But does anyone know where in the greater los angeles/san bernardino county where you can drive and just do some shooting besides going to the ranges?

From google map, I see there are few open places, deep inside the Angeles National Forest, or by the 15th highway etc... can you just pull along those places where there is no people and just do some shooting?

r3dn3ck
07-22-2010, 2:06 PM
BLM land is usually a safe bet. Basically it's land nobody else wants. I would avoid the national forests in SoCal, there's too many jacked up county by county regulations that prohibit this or that. BLM map below. You're looking for areas in light orange and dark orange.

http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp?MAP=LAND

5shot
07-22-2010, 2:32 PM
Few years ago, couple of my friend use to take me with them in the middle of no where and just do some plinking, I lost contact with them now. But does anyone know where in the greater los angeles/san bernardino county where you can drive and just do some shooting besides going to the ranges?

From google map, I see there are few open places, deep inside the Angeles National Forest, or by the 15th highway etc... can you just pull along those places where there is no people and just do some shooting?

If you head north on I-15 go past Barstow and your good to go for day or night target shooting, rifle/pistol/shotgun.
Just make sure your not on private property, military base, Barstow city limits, or Mojave Natl. Preserve.
There are places closer south off Hodge Rd., but you have to make sure your far enough west of I-15 that your not on the private property that starts just west of I-15. And don't go farther west then Helendale Rd. or you'll be in a shotgun hunting only area.