PDA

View Full Version : AA12 - Auto Assault Shotgun

VeryCoolCat
04-18-2006, 12:35 PM
I saw this video for the AA12 Someone emailed me. Its an automatic 12ga shotgun with the ability to accept magazines/drums with a ROF of 360 Per Minute, 6 Per Second.

Weight unloaded Approximately 10.5 lbs.
Weight w/8rd. Magazine Loaded Approximately 11-1/4 lbs.
Weight w/20rd. Magazine Loaded ! ; Approximately 13 lbs
Length of Barrel 19 inches
Chamber Length 2 3/4"
12 Gauge
Gas Operated Full Auto/Single Fire Capabilities
---------
--Simple design with minimum working compoents/No tools required for field maintenance.
--Open manufacturing tolerances to ensure functioning in any operational conditions
--Ability to fire consistently controlled single shots, short burst and full automatic mode. (Without a 3rd position switch necessary).
--Non-rising muzzle which retains target acquisition.
--Protective cover for all functioning assemblies which serves as a stock and grip for the weapon and protects the user from heat generated from firing.
--Sights arranged to facilitate natural point instinctive firing without lowering the shooters head to the weapon.
--Requires Little or no cleaning and can be cleaned with soap and water (Recommended clean and inspect every 2000 rounds).
--May be fired wet with magazine filled with water
--Virtually jam free due to design of chamber barrel extension.

http://www.midamericarecreation.com/aa12_videos.htm

EBWhite
04-18-2006, 1:11 PM
That thing is nasty. very good close quarters gun....however, being fully auto im sure its LEO only :-(

bu-bye
04-18-2006, 1:24 PM
even semi auto with p-grip is a no go. There is the smooth bore vs rifled argument but I don't think a judge will side with us on this gun.

VeryCoolCat
04-18-2006, 3:09 PM
Yea but its fun to dream :p

HeHateMe
04-18-2006, 4:42 PM
Kali frowns upon detachable magazine fed semi-auto shotguns. That thing would be great for marauding bands of stuffed animals!

BigRich
04-18-2006, 6:28 PM
Let's not forget that this shotgun was reclassified as a destructive device and all legal owners were required to register their new NFA weapon with BATFE and are now restricted to transfering it as such. This gun was also quite ammo sensitive and would only run relaiably with Winchester High base 2 3/4" loads. Something to do with crimp tolerance of other manufacturers. I had money down to buy a semi auto but things never quite worked out.

saki302
04-22-2006, 1:43 AM
Assuming you could find a 49-state legal shotgun similar to these, you could always Cali-AK it. PIN the mag!! :D
If anything, the shotgun is easier to port-load than many semis. I personally don't see much use for a mag-fed one, since a Benelli holds 7-8 rounds in the tube in a smaller package. Now in full auto, mags would come in handy..

-Dave

monkey
04-27-2006, 4:53 PM
Let's not forget that this shotgun was reclassified as a destructive device and all legal owners were required to register their new NFA weapon with BATFE and are now restricted to transfering it as such. This gun was also quite ammo sensitive and would only run relaiably with Winchester High base 2 3/4" loads. Something to do with crimp tolerance of other manufacturers. I had money down to buy a semi auto but things never quite worked out.

Incorrect.

You are thinking of the USAS-12 shotgun, not the AA-12.

The AA-12 is a machine gun and is not available to civilians. There is talk of a semi-auto version for civvies and would be perfectly legal unless the AG decides that the semi-auto AA-12 specifically is non-sporting and hence a Destructive Device. I highly doubt this would happen again under current leadership.

BigRich
04-27-2006, 7:31 PM
Yes, you are right. I was under the impression (from watching the development of that shotgun) that the AA-12 was the prototype weapon. It looked like someone gathered a bunch of different existing model gun parts and integrated them. The inventor could not get a US manufacturer to bite on the project so he went to a Korean company. This imported gun was now subject to control. I had money down with the inventor of the AA-12 for a semiauto weapon. I got screwed. The AA-12 was available (theoretically) as a semi in order to generate civilian sales. I know because I held one. That's how the guy pried the wallet open.

shopkeep
05-01-2006, 2:46 PM
Kali frowns upon detachable magazine fed semi-auto shotguns. That thing would be great for marauding bands of stuffed animals!

I thought i was the only guy who blew away stuffed animals with buckshot

maschronic
05-02-2006, 9:33 PM
after watching this video, i wonder why we live in kalifornia. i want one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and other guns too :D

HeHateMe
05-03-2006, 6:00 PM
I thought i was the only guy who blew away stuffed animals with buckshot

Heck no. "Contact Left!!! Beanie Baby at 15yards!! Blast'em!!"

m1aowner
05-03-2006, 7:07 PM
That shotty is so tits!