PDA

View Full Version : Blank Only Non-Gun

GotAmmo?
04-18-2006, 1:26 PM
I have a question in regards to a Blank Firing Only-Non Gun. I do WW2 reenacting and I'm on the waiting list for a BATF certified Blank only Non Gun(MP40 replica). Is there a sub-section in the laws anywhere that would address such a thing? I realize that even though the BATF has blessed it, PROK law may and probably is more restrictive. I was skimming through the laws, but didn't see anything on this. This is NOT a blank adapted MP40. It's completely scratch built and fires a special 9.3mm blank, so in essence it's just an expensive noise-maker. It would be used for reenacting and TV production only. Can anyone point me in the right direction in the lawbooks? I remember seeing something about replica weapons somwhere.

petey
04-18-2006, 2:38 PM
This is a good starting place:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/calaw.html

Search using the term "imitation firearm"

The section starts at around 12550 PC

superhondaz50
04-18-2006, 2:43 PM
I was looking into blank guns a while back to fire when my dogs bark to shut them up. Come to find out in CA you cant have blank firing, or replica guns...... unless you are using them for things like TV, acting, plays and re-enactments. So it seems to me you'll be in the clear. Please post some pics of your finished blank gun!!

tygerpaw
04-18-2006, 6:36 PM
Our state sucks.