PDA

View Full Version : Sig X5

mistuhchia
07-19-2010, 6:31 PM
Anyone ever handle one of these?

Know where I can get them?

trickyvic
07-19-2010, 6:37 PM
I've handled and fired a couple and they are AWESOME! RCGE in Sac has two (9mm & .40) that have been sitting in the case for a while now, price is around $1800.

faterikcartman
07-19-2010, 6:38 PM
Handled. Yet to fire. Feels great. Will own one someday.

HKDoc
07-19-2010, 6:41 PM
Unbelieveably accurate, more than makes up for my lack of skills. Tried it out in 9mm, very soft recoil.

SoCalRandy
07-19-2010, 6:45 PM
I got mine about two years ago and I would say it's my most accurate pistol for sure... If you've got the money I would go for it! :thumbsup:

SoCalRandy
07-19-2010, 9:03 PM
Here's a pic of my X5 Competition in .40 cal....

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/rjs619/IMG_5877.jpg

Same gun sporting some Nill wood grips, stainless torx screws and Roco magazine extension...

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee16/rjs619/DSC_0324.jpg

It's an awesome shooter! Get one... quick!...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/51/products_id/50881

SxB
07-19-2010, 9:52 PM
handled and fired and loved the X5. someday, an X5 in 9mm will be mine.

9mmepiphany
07-19-2010, 10:20 PM
i was lucky enough to fire the first L1 that came into the state for some action work. it was well put together and shot like a dream. it was in .40 (the original design chambering) and the recoiled surprised me...i thought it was a 9mm.

the Competition model is the best buy in the X-5 line...how many people will adjust the trigger more than the first time out...but be aware that the 9mm models have had some feeding problems. the .40 are flawless

Bruce Gray (Grayguns Inc) has a very nice package that takes some mass out and re-contours the dustcover, hammer and beavertail. i had a friend turn his Competition model into an Open gun with red dot and compensator

bigbob76
07-19-2010, 11:32 PM
i was lucky enough to fire the first L1 that came into the state for some action work. it was well put together and shot like a dream. it was in .40 (the original design chambering) and the recoiled surprised me...i thought it was a 9mm.

the Competition model is the best buy in the X-5 line...how many people will adjust the trigger more than the first time out...but be aware that the 9mm models have had some feeding problems. the .40 are flawless

Bruce Gray (Grayguns Inc) has a very nice package that takes some mass out and re-contours the dustcover, hammer and beavertail. i had a friend turn his Competition model into an Open gun with red dot and compensator

It seems strange to me that a target type pistol would be designed in .40 caliber. What do you think the reasoning was with that? I can see wanting more punch in a carry gun but the X5 Tactical wasn't available until later on was it?

9mmepiphany
07-20-2010, 12:07 AM
It seems strange to me that a target type pistol would be designed in .40 caliber. What do you think the reasoning was with that? I can see wanting more punch in a carry gun but the X5 Tactical wasn't available until later on was it?

the X-5 was designed for competition in the USPSA/IPSC Limited class where Major scoring starts at .40 cal. the difference in scoring for non-optimal hits between Major and Minor is too large to be covered by the lessor recoil of the 9mm

randy
07-20-2010, 2:24 AM
Bear308 aka Mongo at the Firing Line in Burbank shot one enough to have worn it out. I'd ask him about them.

JosephP
07-20-2010, 8:46 AM
I tried Sig X5 Competition in .40.
I will say... next pistol I will get is X5.
Super accurate and mild recoil.
I saw couple at the local dealer.
Oaktree and Martin Retting but price is high like most of the local dealer price is way up.
Get this pistol If you can find one with good price.
You will love it.

leelaw
07-20-2010, 8:49 AM
I want an X-5 Tactical in a bad way :drool5:

Hoologan
07-20-2010, 9:17 AM
I recently rented one at Iron Sights in San Diego. AMAZING gun. Incredibly accurate with the nicest trigger I've ever felt.

This is at 10 yds, rapid fire. Maybe 20 rds through the gun to familiarize myself with it a bit before this pic was taken. I'm an amateur shooter.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/logansmith23/Guns/c4e783ce.jpg