PDA

View Full Version : No more renewal training requirement in AZ

JimAmentler
04-18-2006, 9:34 AM
The Governor of AZ signed a bill doing away with the refresher course requirement for renewal of AZ CCW permits. That will make it much easier for those who live outside of AZ when renewal time comes along.

TruShot
04-18-2006, 10:45 AM
Is this a very recent change? I took the initial AZ class a week ago, and they were still requiring a refresher course at that time -- although it has been reduced to 2 hours every 5 years.

From the AZ DPS website: "General: CCW permits are valid for a period of four years (five years if obtained after August 11, 2005), then they must be renewed. Permit holders (Non-CCW Instructors) must attend a 2 hour renewal class, which covers topics similar to those taught during the 8 hour initial class. Again, qualification with a firearm is required. Arizona issues one permit and does not differentiate between resident and non-resident. Non-residents seeking renewal must complete renewal training in Arizona."

JimAmentler
04-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Yes, from what I have read the Governor just signed it over the past couple of days. Should be affective in July from what I recall.

CSkyhawk72
04-18-2006, 10:12 PM
.. Must be nice to live in a FREE state :rolleyes: