PDA

View Full Version : Another gun store "why?" thread

spareparts
07-19-2010, 1:08 PM
Mostly I just want to rant.

I get off work and go to the Stockade a few weeks back to take the hand gun safety certificate test. It's ten minutes after the hour and they tell me they close at the top of the hour. Only 50 minutes before closing, they legally have to give me an hour to take the test. They admit that it won't take that long "because you speak English" but it's a state requirement.

I can respect following the laws but having worked retail in a past life I also know that someone will have to close out the register, clean up, turn off the lights, etc. So if by chance it does take me 60 minutes to take the test, why not just lock the door and let me continue going at it for 10 more minutes? Why would you turn away a paying customer?

So I go to Grant Boys the following day and complete the test within 5 minutes, DROSed a $650+ hand gun, and was out the door in less than half an hour. Their gain, Stockade's loss.

Black Majik
07-19-2010, 1:41 PM
The Stockade burning bridges, that's a first. :D

Bruce3
07-19-2010, 2:44 PM
I NEVER had a good experience at Stockade, you should check out Field Time down the street. They have much better customer service and if you want the VIP service head to RifleGear.

berg
07-19-2010, 7:48 PM
This all happened a few weeks back? What made you think of it now?

Cokebottle
07-19-2010, 8:34 PM
You went wrong by asking about the HSC first.

You should have slapped the $650 on the counter and said
"I would like to buy..."
"Hey you, ya, the guy that was just in front of me..."
"I'd like to buy that Hi...."
"Ya... YOU... the guy who just headed for the door with a smoke and a lighter.... I thought you were helping me..."
"That HighPoint C9 over there... want to b...."

"YES! YOU...."

"Oh nevermind...."

sequoia_nomad
07-19-2010, 8:51 PM
Good. You're the customer, they're the lazy hourly-paid Dunces. Make sure to call and let the manager know.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
07-19-2010, 9:00 PM
I'm glad to have two exemption's.

TurboChrisB
07-19-2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah, FieldTime is cool people...we need to support them and make sure they succeed.

I NEVER had a good experience at Stockade, you should check out Field Time down the street. They have much better customer service and if you want the VIP service head to RifleGear.

INJUNTOM
07-19-2010, 11:42 PM
That is the reason I don't hire someone to run my business. Nobody gives a **** anymore. Just went through it with a credit card company who told me that they have no problem closing out my account due to their typo that cost me an hour on the phone that I don't have to spare. They couldn't care less. A friend told me today how a person at Comcast had zero problem with closing out his account so he could go to Dish network. When I worked for other people, I a) Took pride in my job and customer service, and b) Cared about the customers regardless of what I thought of the owners..

winnre
07-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Be sure that Grant Boys sends the Stockade a Christmas Card for all their referrals.

rojocorsa
07-20-2010, 12:17 AM
That is the reason I don't hire someone to run my business. Nobody gives a **** anymore. Just went through it with a credit card company who told me that they have no problem closing out my account due to their typo that cost me an hour on the phone that I don't have to spare. They couldn't care less. A friend told me today how a person at Comcast had zero problem with closing out his account so he could go to Dish network. When I worked for other people, I a) Took pride in my job and customer service, and b) Cared about the customers regardless of what I thought of the owners..

Good on you, sir. And I honestly mean that.

spareparts
07-20-2010, 11:02 AM
This all happened a few weeks back? What made you think of it now?

I picked up the pistol last week and I'm finally getting some ammo together to go shoot it this weekend...it just refreshed the experience in my mind.

IrishPirate
07-20-2010, 11:08 AM
an hour for HSC? that's shocking....my wife knows very little about guns and I would expect her to pass no problem with a 20 min time limit. Anyways, good for you. Take a picture of the gun with a home made price tag and send it to the Stockade with a letter explaining what happened and where your money ended up going.

Napalm Bulldog
07-20-2010, 12:08 PM
Go to Field Time Sport & Guns right up the street. I have bought two guns in the last month there. They are really cool guys and give great sevice.

14542 Beach Blvd Westminster.

714-891-3131

bear93445
07-20-2010, 2:27 PM
About five years ago I was in the market for my second Les Baer. At the time I was trying to decide between a Premier II and an Ultimate Master. I had heard that the Stockade carried Baers in stock; so I went down there to check them out.

When I walk in there were two guys behind the counter talking with the only other person customer in the shop. As I walked in both looked at me, but continued to talk to the other customer without saying a word to me. I walked to the pistols and found the section that had the Baers and waited for one of them to help me. After about ten min one of the guys breaks away from the conversation, which as I was listening to as just hunting stories, and asks if he can help. I tell him that I am trying to decide between the P II and the Ult Master. The guy actually proceeds to tell me that Les Baer pistols are not worth the price and that a SA Loaded is just as good. He spent the next ten min trying to talk me out of buying the Baer that I wanted. In the end all he did walk talk me out of spending $2600 in his shop. I ended up ordering the Ultimate Master from another FFL.

BabyGlock26
07-22-2010, 11:08 PM
I bought 1911 from Stockade before and it was okay experience. However, I rather buy gun from Field time sports & guns or Ades any day than Stockade. They will rid you off. Last time I checked, Field time gives 10% discount to any military & LEO. I am not sure for veterans tho. I think they said, you have to be active member so bummer for veterans for not being able to get that 10%.

scuds03
07-23-2010, 3:16 AM
I've had poor experiences at Stockade as well. I don't go there anymore. I ended up buying the gun I wanted from Big 5 of all places and they were suprisingly way better customer service.

spareparts
07-23-2010, 8:49 AM
I just printed out this thread and I'm going to mail it to them. Maybe if the owner/manager will implement some changes if they see what people have to say about them and that it is costing business.

When I worked kitchens an executive chef I respected told me once that for every 1 complaint voiced there are 9 others that aren't voiced. But those 9 others will be sure to tell everyone at home and work how disatisfied they were. So when you get the one complaint you have to treat it very seriously even if you think the customer is full of crap.

Cochise82
07-23-2010, 9:26 AM
Speaking with your wallet is a great way to make your point. If I like a gun shop, I'll buy everything I can there whether it be $5 or $500. I'd rather make a 10 minute trip past the gun shop full of a-holes to support the stores I like.