PDA

View Full Version : What other sources of income you do for your BRD's?

Caiden07
07-18-2010, 11:59 PM
I don't know if someone already ask this but I just wanna know? What other sources income do you do aside from your primary source of income? I fix computer on the side and I do a lot of recycling at home and work. Recycling mostly fund my ammo and the rest is for my disease.

Thanks...

ponderosa
07-19-2010, 12:22 AM
I design and code websites on the side.

santacruzstefan
07-19-2010, 1:07 AM
I put all my pocket change in a big jar, and periodically empty it out to help with my ammo fund. Last time, it was half full, and had something like $82 in it... not bad. Also, I sell crack cocaine and heroin to school children. But mostly I rely on the change thing.

Average Joe American
07-19-2010, 1:27 AM
I go get free stuff off craigslist and backpage... clean it up or fix it or what ever I can do to make it nicer...then resell it for what ever price I can get rid of it for since its free!

Its amazing how much stuff college kids throw away at the end of the school year? Lots of chairs and couches and home goods. I recently sold a moderately used sectional couch that was bought new by the kids rich parents for over a $1000. I resold it for $100. Cha ching!!! Outdoor patio furniture? I sold a Hampton Bay set for $80. You get the picture. You gotta work hard for the disease.

patriot_man
07-19-2010, 1:33 AM
Build computers for people. Used to make gear. It was alright.

ivanimal
07-19-2010, 2:08 AM
Design offices.

thevic
07-19-2010, 2:21 AM
install security cameras, run low voltage, buy truck parts and resell on craigslist, and work the street corner

Caiden07
07-19-2010, 7:33 AM
That is great idea to fund your disease your figured the complex problem ( 0 + 0 = 1 )...LOL

I go get free stuff off craigslist and backpage... clean it up or fix it or what ever I can do to make it nicer...then resell it for what ever price I can get rid of it for since its free!

Its amazing how much stuff college kids throw away at the end of the school year? Lots of chairs and couches and home goods. I recently sold a moderately used sectional couch that was bought new by the kids rich parents for over a $1000. I resold it for $100. Cha ching!!! Outdoor patio furniture? I sold a Hampton Bay set for $80. You get the picture. You gotta work hard for the disease.

Caiden07
07-19-2010, 7:38 AM
Hahahaha...Nice one, so do you drive with your bling bling cars while doing this?

Also, I sell crack cocaine and heroin to school children. .

Retzius
07-19-2010, 7:45 AM
Also, I sell crack cocaine and heroin to school children. But mostly I rely on the change thing.

Thats cool. Just don't move in on my 'hood. I got all the kids locked in around here. ;)

rromeo
07-19-2010, 7:49 AM
Buy all of the Walmart ammo and resell it on Calguns for twice as much. It used to be easier when my buddies could post "good price, bump for an awesome seller."
Who wants a Rossi .357 with 25,000 rounds down the pipe? It's non rostered so the price is $900.

Eat Dirt
07-19-2010, 7:52 AM
See attachment below .............

My " Harvesting " hobby that makes a few $$$

dirtnap
07-19-2010, 8:08 AM
I dig through your trash for aluminum cans.

http://www.nwkniterati.com/movabletype/archives/MossyCottage/dumpster.jpg

PolishMike
07-19-2010, 8:23 AM
I sell guns ;)

Chaparral
07-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I rent out garden tools for a living. Wanna check out my Hoes?

bombadillo
07-19-2010, 1:02 PM
I build AR's for people and usually make a couple hundred bucks per gun. I also buy ammo online and do all the homework and sell it for enough of a profit to make it worthwhile all while giving it to people cheaper than they could find it locally. Those are typically my two money makers. I also just pick up extra shifts at work when I need money so I can afford to do things I would rather do.

ArkinDomino
07-19-2010, 1:59 PM
You build ARs on a constant basis to pull a couple hundred in profit? Wow... You probably do better than many gun shops. Wait... Do you have a gun shop?

kapache
07-19-2010, 2:02 PM
I do sysadmin freelance jobs, until I have enough money to buy or build me a new toy.

grammaton76
07-19-2010, 2:08 PM
Work for CWS at the gun shows.

Used to build AK's for folks - but that's fallen by the wayside since I moved. Looking forward to getting back into it once we've sold the trailer I used to live in - made the deal with myself that I wasn't allowed to take time on gun stuff until the trailer is sold.

bombadillo
07-19-2010, 2:24 PM
You build ARs on a constant basis to pull a couple hundred in profit? Wow... You probably do better than many gun shops. Wait... Do you have a gun shop?

Yeah, a lot of friends, and friends of friends call me up when they want me to put together an AR for them. I make them buy a receiver of their choosing, call them up to come look at the parts that they want, buy it on my credit card and when its all assembled and put together, I'll call them up and depending on what kind of an AR it is, I'll usually make between $150-200 and they're very aware of it. I'm not trying to hide that I use it to make money because I have taken the time to learn how to assemble without marring, and the time and energy to source out all the parts. I feel no guilt as long as they're relatively aware of what I make on the deal. No I don't have a gun shop and absolutely wouldn't want one. I just do it on the side. After 5-6 guns that I build for others, I usually have enough to buy a new gun, or a bunch of ammo. Its the only way my wife would let me continue buying guns or it would kill my budget at home.

pontiacpratt
07-19-2010, 2:27 PM
I've started working at a Local Gun shop.

Eat Dirt
07-19-2010, 4:32 PM
I've started working at a Local Gun shop.

WOW . A Dream Job !!!!!!!!!!!

Caiden07
07-19-2010, 4:38 PM
WOW . A Dream Job !!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to work on a gun shop on part time basis...

rojocorsa
07-19-2010, 4:39 PM
Heavy landscaping, digging ditches, pulling weeds, and shoveling s___.

I recycle bottles and cans too.

Adub
07-19-2010, 5:09 PM
Build and repair computers

santacruzstefan
07-19-2010, 5:14 PM
Hahahaha...Nice one, so do you drive with your bling bling cars while doing this?

That all depends on your definition of bling. I did take the Bedazzler to an old Datsun... I think it looks pretty spiffy.

Thats cool. Just don't move in on my 'hood. I got all the kids locked in around here. ;)

Don't worry, I respect another man's turf.

frankm
07-19-2010, 5:15 PM
I draw pictures of Mohammed saying funny things.

>;^o <---death to infidels!

pontiacpratt
07-19-2010, 5:50 PM
I would love to work on a gun shop on part time basis...

Yep it's a part time thing... The guy brought me on because I was able to sell lots of Magpul stuff to his AR customers. I was in shopping one day and could answer the customers questions, and had a good knowledge of assembly and benifits of different upgrades. People Come in wanting a basic AR walk out with a $1,000 Magpul upgraded rifle.:D I'm going to have to educate myself on Shotguns, I don't own one so I can't really help sell those.

Rob454
07-19-2010, 7:43 PM
I usually just take my copper wire in for recycling, sometimes I do a side job or any money made from stuff i sell be it rifles old tools stuff in the garage i never use that all goes in my gun find. When it gets low I wait till it goes back up. I never ever use my regular paycheck for my gun stuff. if i dont have the money to buy it cash from my fund then I simply dont buy it. That same gun fund is the same fund that i send care packages to my buddies in Iraq. Obviously their packages take precedence over my ammo or gun crap but their stuff is once every 2 months

shoupdawg
07-19-2010, 9:20 PM
I recycle, watch my expenses, and sell my other rifles...hahaha.

INJUNTOM
07-19-2010, 11:52 PM
When I have time for it, I'll buy and sell Vintage car parts and Vintage Minibike parts.

Pretty much stockpiling ammo regardless of where the money comes from :D

winnre
07-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Weekend Warrior.
Freelance computer help.
Wedding photography.

bruce381
07-20-2010, 8:39 PM
bartending part time