PDA

View Full Version : Gun show prices

mfaded
07-18-2010, 10:14 PM
Are the gun prices usually cheaper at the shows? Are you able to bargain with them?

I was thinking of buying something from Bud's, but the Vallejo show is right around the corner. I was thinking of waiting for that to get an idea of where the best price is.

thanks

rifle man
07-19-2010, 12:10 AM
That would depend on the vendor. I myself have not found many good deals. The only time i have been able to bargain a deal, was to buy more than one of the same item.

TurboChrisB
07-19-2010, 7:06 AM
I mostly just pass up the guns at gun shows....I'm there for accessories, ammo and survival stuff these days....

Themandalorian
07-19-2010, 7:11 AM
Well at least for ammo I didn't find it anywhere cheaper. 4 dollars for a box of 20rds of 7.62x39 is good to me!

chefdude
07-19-2010, 7:21 AM
Gun shows are great if you are looking for Beef Jerkey and remote controlled helicopters!!!

typically you wont find good deals on firearms, or ammo (anymore) but you can pick up accessories for a good price

CSACANNONEER
07-19-2010, 7:32 AM
Gun shows are great if you are looking for Beef Jerkey and remote controlled helicopters!!!

typically you wont find good deals on firearms, or ammo (anymore) but you can pick up accessories for a good price

Typically, I can find great prices on ammo, firearms, etc. at gun shows. Just, not always what I'm looking for. If you hunt and dig through boxes, you can find some awesome deals.

ih8ca
07-19-2010, 7:33 AM
I went to a gunshow a couple of weeks ago in Wa. There were a lot of great deals on guns. It seems like a lot of people out there are trying to sell. I think the gunshow market out there is a lot cheaper than gunbroker or gunstores on used guns right now.

Tunis
07-19-2010, 7:44 AM
Are the gun prices usually cheaper at the shows? Are you able to bargain with them?

I was thinking of buying something from Bud's, but the Vallejo show is right around the corner. I was thinking of waiting for that to get an idea of where the best price is.

thanks

Check out Triple A's Sporting Goods at the Vallejo Gun Show next weekend. Aris (owner) has very competitive pricing! Factor in transfer fees, shipping, etc. In the end, you will probably save buying local.

xXBigJoeXx
07-19-2010, 8:13 AM
I would shop around and see what quotes you can get then head to the gun show with that info and see if there are better deals to be had. Just bought my Beretta 92FS INOX from a gun show in the SD area a couple months ago. Have been looking to get this one for quite some time and found it for $150 less then most places around here, plus I was told that it would be a special order so an addition 2 weeks on top of the 10 day DROS..... No thanks! Jumped on the opportunity and promptly handed over my credit card to secure my pistol! 10 days later, I was one happy guy :D

GW
07-19-2010, 9:55 AM
Gunshows are where you find that odd, collectible gun and pay through the nose for it because you can't find it elsewhere.
In 30 years of gunshow shopping, I have never found a deal on a commonly available gun that I couldn't easily beat in my local shops.
Ammo can be another story. If you want availability and quantity then the gunshow is usually your best bet
Oh yeah Don't forget the jerky. People complain about the jerky stands but personally, I love 'em

Donny1
07-19-2010, 1:08 PM
I was excited to go to my first show in Costa Mesa a little while back. Although it was fun to experience, going with my GF put me back $22 just getting in and I didn't see anything that would have offset that.

ArkinDomino
07-19-2010, 1:52 PM
The prices Buds usually offers cannot be beat for the most part. Gun shows should be renamed Gun Accessories show :cool2:

You could find deals on ammo and magpul stuff (if you got a charming haggle ability and you know your prices).

MrPlutonium
07-19-2010, 2:25 PM
I've only ever bought beef, bison, or elk jerkey at gunshows. Even out here in AZ you'll find better deals elsewhere. I did find an xdm .45 for 600 but I don't need another .45. So beef jerkey it is...

j1133s
07-19-2010, 4:15 PM
Just wondering how do you buy guns at gun shows due to the 10 day waiting period?

Do you pay the vendor and he has a local shop that he sends the gun to to wait out the 10 days , then you pick it up at the local shop?

Or Do you pay the vendor and wait until the next gun show (usually next month) and pick up your gun from the same vendor?

hypnoman
07-19-2010, 4:52 PM
My experience has been pay and fill out forms at the gun show . . . then pickup after 10days at the store for long guns.

For handguns, must show HSC slip. They usually have a booth where you can qualify and get one if you don't already have one.

hypnoman
07-19-2010, 4:53 PM
I've only ever bought beef, bison, or elk jerkey at gunshows. Even out here in AZ you'll find better deals elsewhere. I did find an xdm .45 for 600 but I don't need another .45. So beef jerkey it is...

Beef Jerky is good . . . no waiting . . .

Chester
07-19-2010, 4:59 PM
Beef Jerky is good . . . no waiting . . .

Yeah, except here in California, you're limited to 10 pieces of jerky per package and required to use a tool when opening the bag.

j1133s
07-19-2010, 5:25 PM
My experience has been pay and fill out forms at the gun show . . . then pickup after 10days at the store for long guns.

For handguns, must show HSC slip. They usually have a booth where you can qualify and get one if you don't already have one.

thanks for the info. But What if the vendor is not local?

eaglemike
07-19-2010, 6:20 PM
There is usually a local transfer dealer they can work with.

MrPlutonium
07-19-2010, 7:04 PM
Yeah, except here in California, you're limited to 10 pieces of jerky per package and required to use a tool when opening the bag.

Our jerky bag capacities are unrestricted and openable by hand. Life is good in AZ...

wilit
07-19-2010, 7:08 PM
Man, the last couple of SF shows I went to, the jerky to gun ratio was way more in favor of the guns than shows prior to the OLL craze. Still no where near as cool as back in the 80's though.