PDA

View Full Version : Why do <insert race> hate guns?

frankm
07-18-2010, 7:27 PM
Seriously, there's so many anti-gun Jews, blacks, etc. It doesn't make sense. Jews have been killed, raped, abused for centuries by pretty much everybody else. How can a Jew not want weapons! Same for blacks, they've been slaves, kicked around, prevented from owning firearms by Jim Crow laws. I swear, if I was one of them, I'd be armed to the freakin' teeth! Are anti-gun minorities "who have been kicked around" insane? Is it just that liberal whites have pulled the wool over their eyes?

Note: I'm mixed-race, this post is not rascist, nor am I. Just can't believe that so many minorities don't want to be armed for self-preservation.

safewaysecurity
07-18-2010, 7:36 PM
Stupid preface that people and their thoughts are defined by their race. I believe people are individuals. Can you point out a race that supports any kind of ownership of firearms? I net you can't the numbers are usually the same for every race.

sevensix2x51
07-18-2010, 7:37 PM
i dont see a racial line in gun ownership. i know gun owners who are white, black, hispanic, native american, middle eastern, asian, etc... it is more along the lines to me of direct interaction with firearms.. if that makes sense. people who are exposed to firearms in a positive way, will take up the sport (more often than not,) while people who have been sheltered or "brainwashed" about them, tend not to like them at all... regardless of race or nationality...

frankm
07-18-2010, 7:44 PM
Stupid preface that people and their thoughts are defined by their race. I believe people are individuals. Can you point out a race that supports any kind of ownership of firearms? I net you can't the numbers are usually the same for every race.

OK, you outed me. My question really is a statement to get any anti-gun minorities reading this to wake up. The statement is, "If you're a minority, and you don't like guns, you're an ally of Nazis and Klansmen". :eek:

safewaysecurity
07-18-2010, 7:45 PM
Seven stated it flawlessly

safewaysecurity
07-18-2010, 7:48 PM
Frank your statements are... lacking any form of logical thought

frankm
07-18-2010, 7:52 PM
I'm either failing to get my point across, or you're not picking up my tact. I wanted to start a discussion on why minorities seem to be more anti-gun than the majority. I base this on things like cities with large black populations passing strict gun laws. I also base this on people like Chucky Schumer and Diane Feinstein, jews that hate guns. I'm trying to point out that it makes no sense to me, that oppressed minorities would be against the very thing that could help protect them. I beg the question that if you oppose guns, and you are a minority, don't you in fact empower your oppressors? In fact, I would expect a higher percentage of minorites to be in favor of gun ownership than whites. But, it's the opposite, as far as statistics go. Maybe there's nothing to figure out here. But it seems illogical.

swerv512
07-18-2010, 7:53 PM
Seriously, there's so many anti-gun Jews, blacks, etc. It doesn't make sense. Jews have been killed, raped, abused for centuries by pretty much everybody else. How can a Jew not want weapons! Same for blacks, they've been slaves, kicked around, prevented from owning firearms by Jim Crow laws. I swear, if I was one of them, I'd be armed to the freakin' teeth! Are anti-gun minorities "who have been kicked around" insane? Is it just that liberal whites have pulled the wool over their eyes?

Note: I'm mixed-race, this post is not rascist, nor am I. Just can't believe that so many minorities don't want to be armed for self-preservation.
^^^
:nuts::nuts::nuts:

frankm
07-18-2010, 7:58 PM
^^^
:nuts::nuts::nuts:

F youknowwho. Try to stimulate an intellectual discussion and the psychos come out.

safewaysecurity
07-18-2010, 7:59 PM
How about largely white European countries like England Germany and Australia that have stricter gun laws than anywhere in the U.S? It's not race It's environment...

swerv512
07-18-2010, 8:00 PM
Sorry, i must haved missed the "intellect" in your original post. Let me read it again and get back to you...:sarcasm:

Librarian
07-18-2010, 8:01 PM
I'm either failing to get my point across, or you're not picking up my tact. I wanted to start a discussion on why minorities seem to be more anti-gun than the majority. I base this on things like cities with large black populations passing strict gun laws. I also base this on people like Chucky Schumer and Diane Feinstein, jews that hate guns. I'm trying to point out that it makes no sense to me, that oppressed minorities would be against the very thing that could help protect them. I beg the question that if you oppose guns, and you are a minority, don't you in fact empower your oppressors? In fact, I would expect a higher percentage of minorites to be in favor of gun ownership than whites. But, it's the opposite, as far as statistics go. Maybe there's nothing to figure out here. But it seems illogical.

See the Yale Cultural Cognition Project (http://www.culturalcognition.net/), especially the Gun Risk Perceptions page.

CHS
07-19-2010, 8:34 AM
It has nothing to do with race.

Shouldn't persecuted gays love guns? Well some do, they're called the Pink Pistols. Others hate guns.

Democrats are all supposed to hate guns, right? Well, no, there are actually plenty of very pro-2A democrats out there.

Republicans are all supposed to LOVE guns, right? Well again, no. There are plenty of anti-gun republicans out there.

Bottom line is, some people love guns, and some people hate guns regardless of race, creed, faith, political views, etc.