PDA

View Full Version : Glock 22 9mm conversion?

GravyPersists
07-18-2010, 7:15 PM
I have owned my Glock 22 for several years now, I originally bought it for home defense, thus the .40, however I have been plinking with it more lately and although I really like .40 I think that 9mm would be a little more accurate and affordable for the range.

I dont want to buy a 9mm so I have been looking into the Storm Lake 9mm conversion barrel for the Glock 22. Apparently all you need is to swap the barrel and use a Glock 17 mag to make it work.

Does anyone have any experience with these barrel swaps? I would really appreciate any advice or info on this before I commit to spending $130 on one.

Thanks!

Noah3683
07-18-2010, 8:08 PM
I have a storm lake in my G23. It is awesome. So much so that I backed out of trading for my dad's p226 once i got the 9mm barrel. The storm lake also doesnt have a ghay logo on it like some others

XYZ
07-18-2010, 8:21 PM
I have a lone wolf barrel for my .40 (http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Products.aspx?CAT=241).

You can find these on gunbroker from $90 to $110.

Greg-Dawg
07-18-2010, 8:35 PM
Yes, I've had experience with conversion barrels. Now that conversion barrel became a paper weight and ended up selling it because it malfunctioned too much.

Buy the guy that's made for the caliber and don't mess with stock.

HighLander51
07-18-2010, 8:38 PM
Conversion barrels run fine, BUT, you have to change the extractor and the ejector to be reliable. If you run them without the right parts they will fail. It's not the barrel, it's the operator, like most gun problems.........

Noah3683
07-18-2010, 9:36 PM
Conversion barrels run fine, BUT, you have to change the extractor and the ejector to be reliable. If you run them without the right parts they will fail. It's not the barrel, it's the operator, like most gun problems.........

Not always the case. My buddy has run a efk well over 5000 rd with not 1 issue. Stock extractor and ejector. He will get occasional ejected casings that come straight back at him and that is it.

JTROKS
07-18-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm running a 9mm extractor and ejector for my G35 that has a LW conversion 40-9 bought from Greg Dawg. I'm still experimenting with 125 power factor loads whenever I have time to go shoot. So far it has an aftermarket recoil rod with a 14lb Wolff recoil spring. With factory loads the brass ejects straight up. With lighter loads the brass ejects to the right but at a steep upward angle. Maybe I'll tune the ejector some. It is pretty accurate. The once fired brass will need small base die sized to ensure reliable feeding. If not then most of the reloads will have problems fitting into the chamber. For some reason LW chose to have minimum dimension chambers. Great for accuracy, but your reloads better drop in a match grade case gauge.

GravyPersists
07-19-2010, 10:03 PM
Damn the extractor and ejector are kind of deal breakers, I just want something that requires only a barrel and mag swap. Has anyone had experience running them on stock extractor/ ejector?

Noah3683
07-19-2010, 10:23 PM
Damn the extractor and ejector are kind of deal breakers, I just want something that requires only a barrel and mag swap. Has anyone had experience running them on stock extractor/ ejector?

Mine and my buddy's are both on stock extractors/ejectors..... ZERO issues thus far.

ch3ck5ix
07-20-2010, 7:38 AM
I have a Storm Lake 40-9 conversion barrel for my Glock 23 and its been reliable with no problems with over 600 rounds down the barrel. No need to change any parts - just swap out the stock barrel (load up a 9mm mag) and you're good to go.

josh_b
07-20-2010, 9:39 PM
I have a lone wolf 40-9 conversion barrel for my glock 23 and with a glock 19 mag function is great but it prints low. Same thing with my 357 sig ported lone wolf barrel. Heard that storm lake are better quality.

Noah3683
07-20-2010, 9:45 PM
I have a lone wolf 40-9 conversion barrel for my glock 23 and with a glock 19 mag function is great but it prints low. Same thing with my 357 sig ported lone wolf barrel. Heard that storm lake are better quality. I have the Storm Lake, it's dead on. Couldn't draw myself to that damn wolf logo. Oh yeah and I picked the SL up for the same price with a free G19 mag

jrara
07-20-2010, 9:56 PM
Might be a little help but I did a range report on a Glock 27 .40 to 9mm conversion from Lonewolf.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=209903