View Full Version : Is the Sig P226 wear normal? (photo)

07-18-2010, 4:46 PM
I bought this SIG P226 9mm used, shipped it to Sig HQ for the full service package and its been working great ever since. But I wanted to ask about this rear rail wear. I did add some grease just to be safe.

Please- Any feedback or comments.

07-18-2010, 5:02 PM
Every gun wears microscopically different. The left side rail usually shows more wear on the top of the rail but only being able to see it from that one angle that looks normal to me.

07-18-2010, 5:05 PM
Do you want another photo at another angle?? Thanks for the help.

07-18-2010, 5:51 PM
Would like to see a close up of the left side/top of the left rail...where the wear seems to be on the edge of the rail and not across the top like on the right side rail.

07-18-2010, 7:37 PM
are you saying this wear has occurred since it returned from Sig? i'm assuming that you mean the factory when you say Sig HQ

which grease are you lubing the rail with when shooting...you are using grease aren't you?

is it gouging or is the wear smooth?

07-18-2010, 7:41 PM
A friend had shot the hell out of his Sig...maybe 10K+ rounds and it began losing its accuracy because the slide wobbled.

Are you experiencing any accuracy issues? Is the slide wobbly? That's what's used is all aobut. But if you don't have any problems, then you're good to go.