PDA

View Full Version : Only allowed to purchase 1 handgun...

seal20
07-18-2010, 3:49 PM
....per 30 days in CA? I just put a deposit on the sig deal at turners but also want to make a gunbroker purchase...any ideas how I might make this happen? Aution on GB ends in like 2hrs! HELP

Cokebottle
07-18-2010, 3:54 PM
Only one every 30 days from dealer stock.
Gunbroker transactions, I'm 90% certain, would fall under this due to the way the FFL transfer is handled.

You may purchase FTF/PPT or consignment without the 1-30 restriction.

Another exemption is if you have an 03FFL and COE. Both are very easy to get, takes about a month or so for the process, total cost is about $150.

halifax
07-18-2010, 3:59 PM
Find an FFL that will receive the GB gun and hold it until you are eligble again. Make sure it is on the roster before you buy it.

seal20
07-18-2010, 4:05 PM
Ok. So I can have the ffl hold it for me and after 30 days begin dros? When exactly does my 30 days start when I put down the deposit, start dros or complete dros? Thanks for the replys!

bigthaiboy
07-18-2010, 4:07 PM
....per 30 days in CA? I just put a deposit on the sig deal at turners but also want to make a gunbroker purchase...any ideas how I might make this happen? Aution on GB ends in like 2hrs! HELP

Depends on what the arrangement you have with Turners. Is it a layaway agreement on the Sig?

Buy one now, and start the DROS right away. Ask the FFL holding the other pistol to hold the other gun till the 30 days is up, so you can begin the next DROS. In your case, if you have the cash is, pay off the Sig, and start DROS right away.

Speak to the FFL who is receiving the GB auction gun if they wouldn't mind holding the pistol a couple of extra weeks, because you have to wait the 30 days. It's going to take a week before the GB pistol arrives at your FFL any way, so your FFL only needs to hold it for 3 weeks before you can start that DROS with them. Just make sure your FFL is cool with that.

Your 30 days starts from the when your first DROS is filled out and logged into the system.

seal20
07-18-2010, 4:18 PM
Perfect. I will pay off and start dros tomorrow at turners! Thanks guys!

gorenut
07-18-2010, 4:24 PM
yup all correct. Also be on the lookout for good FFLs. There are some that'll try to price gouge you or charge you extra for holding your gun for 30 days. Fortunately my FFL is currently doing a 30 day hold for me, hassle free and no extra charges.

seal20
07-18-2010, 4:48 PM
Which FFl are you using?

bjl333
07-19-2010, 12:38 AM
How did the auction go? Did you win it? Pics ...