PDA

View Full Version : Getting a TLR-2...strobe or no?

CharAznable
07-18-2010, 3:09 AM
I'm gonna get a TLR-2 and was wondering if anyone has an opinion on springing for the strobe model? Not sure if it'd bet worth it. I'm ordering from Amazon and the regular TLR-2 is available from them directly, the TLR-2s is from someone else.

(Which means I'd have to wait longer, and I'm always impatient. :) )

I assume the strobe is meant to disorient the target? I think it might disorient the shooter as well, wouldn't it?

ldivinag
07-18-2010, 3:25 AM
go watch the movie KICK ***.

in one scene, HIT GIRL leaves her spent handgun on a shelf and shine the rail mounted light behind her.

it was a very nice effect on anyone looking straight at it...

thebronze
07-18-2010, 9:27 AM
I'd get the strobe.

tintguy
07-18-2010, 9:38 AM
the tlr-2 is 135 lumens the s is 165. I got the strobe don't worry about the other seller on Amazon, they shipped it fast. I received it in two days before the batteries from amazon even shipped.

CharAznable
07-18-2010, 11:01 AM
the tlr-2 is 135 lumens the s is 165. I got the strobe don't worry about the other seller on Amazon, they shipped it fast. I received it in two days before the batteries from amazon even shipped.

Well, since I have Amazon Prime my stuff ships way fast, but I'll spend the extra and get the strobe. :)

Cali-Shooter
07-18-2010, 2:59 PM
I have a non-strobe TLR-2 Streamlight on my Glock 22C. It's awesome, I got it off opticsplanet for $93.?? with free shipping during their Christmas 10% coupon off your total order :D
When I finish my layaway on my 1911, I'm getting a strobe TLR-2 for it, and maybe for future handguns as well.