PDA

View Full Version : Emmbeding Youtube Videos (Not what you're thinking)

mosinnagantm9130
07-18-2010, 12:14 AM
I do know how to embed videos on the this site, and have done so in the past without much trouble. The problem is now I can't see the embedded videos. I now get a nice little white box with a little icon in the top left corner. These aren't just the ones that I've posted, I cannot see any embedded video that anyone on this site. It's getting frustrating because I can't figure out the problem. Does anybody have any advice that would help me out?

i1800collect
07-18-2010, 12:18 AM
I do know how to embed videos on the this site, and have done so in the past without much trouble. The problem is now I can't see the embedded videos. I now get a nice little white box with a little icon in the top left corner. These aren't just the ones that I've posted, I cannot see any embedded video that anyone on this site. It's getting frustrating because I can't figure out the problem. Does anybody have any advice that would help me out?

What browser are you using?

Can you view videos directly on YouTube?

winnre
07-18-2010, 12:22 AM
Are you blocked from seeing the videos via a firewall or other restrictions in your Settings?

mosinnagantm9130
07-18-2010, 12:49 AM
What browser are you using?

Can you view videos directly on YouTube?

Are you blocked from seeing the videos via a firewall or other restrictions in your Settings?

Internet Explorer 8, yes, and not that I'm aware of.

I'm grateful for any help that you guys can give me.

juicemansam
07-18-2010, 1:14 AM

The forum scripts don't parse the url correctly. They in fact they don't parse at all, they prepend "http://www.youtube.com/v/" to whatever you put in between the youtube tags. In order to embed a video, just place the video code (the value after "v=" and before the "&") between the tags.

i1800collect
07-18-2010, 1:29 AM
The forum scripts don't parse the url correctly. They in fact they don't parse at all, they prepend "http://www.youtube.com/v/" to whatever you put in between the youtube tags. In order to embed a video, just place the video code (the value after "v=" and before the "&") between the tags.

Uhh, did you bother to read the post you quoted before typing out a response? ;)

juicemansam
07-19-2010, 3:09 AM
Uhh, did you bother to read ... typing out a response? ;)

No. I actually read posts like I quoted yours. ;)