PDA

View Full Version : Welcomed 8 more shooters to this sport today

plan-b
07-17-2010, 8:49 PM
I found out that a friend and former coworker of mine got interested in shooting recently. So I met him and 7 of his friends at a local indoor range to do some blasting this afternoon. Most of them had only been to a shooting range twice before, one of the girls hadn't even touched a gun in her life. They all rented as none of them own any guns. I brought 3 of mine for them to play with as well. Everyone had a great & safe time. None of them did anything even remotely risky.

One of the girls had a spent shell go down her shirt. She reacted exactly as she should have. Kept the gun pointed downrange, finger off the trigger. Leaned forward a little for the case to fall out the bottom. Put the gun down (still pointed downrange). Took a couple steps back to make sure the shell was gone. And then turned around and smiled so all of us could get a good laugh out of it. She stepped right back up and proceeded to empty out the rest of the magazine.

It was incredibly satisfying to see so many new people enjoying this hobby without any irrational fear of an inanimate object. In fact, 4 of the guys got their HSCs today too.

Anyway, just felt like telling a story. That is all...

Rem222
07-17-2010, 8:56 PM
Nice work... We all need to do more of this.....

Big Jake
07-17-2010, 9:21 PM
The "Gun Disease". The gift that keeps giving! Keep up the good work.

Sajedene
07-17-2010, 9:24 PM
Awesome! And pat on the back for her! She done us girls proud :)

thevic
07-17-2010, 9:56 PM
whats with rounds going down girls shirts...its like they are a magnet for it

:)

Beetle Bailey
07-17-2010, 9:57 PM
Great work! :thumbsup: That's a pretty big group so glad to hear all went well.

Sajedene
07-17-2010, 10:01 PM
whats with rounds going down girls shirts...its like they are a magnet for it

:)

Ahaha does it really happen that often? I guess I've had it happen to me twice but that doesn't mean its a girl thing :x (the worst was when it went down my back and couldn't reach it! It had to sit there... boo!)

Southpaw45
07-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Clevage always makes a good brass funnel. Thanks for sharing this great sport to others. The more people we introduce to shooting sports, the more power we have to save our gun rights...