PDA

View Full Version : looking to get back into hunting

geewizz
07-17-2010, 7:01 PM
Its been many years since I had a hunting license. Looking to get back into it. Is there any sites or printed material that can get me caught up with any changes or regulations. I know about lead free areas. Probably spend most of the time predator and hog hunting. Any limits on number of rounds on rifles for predator/hogs? Time of day hunting allowed? 20 mins before and after sunset I belief? Any general knowledge. Just want to make sure I don't forget something. All the folks that tought me about hunting have passed on so I need to make sure I got the info myself.

Thanks

toby
07-17-2010, 7:07 PM
There is just too much info to post here you can get it all on line @ dfg.gov or dept of fish and game ???? or most gun and sporting goods stores have the books. Where are you located?

DirtyDave
07-17-2010, 8:15 PM
Limit on rounds is only for shotguns. For rifles, as long as it is a CA legal rifle/mag, you are good to go.
Shooting times on coyotes is 24/7/365
Shooting times on big game animals is listed in the dfg regs. Dowload them or pick up a booklet from Turners etc.
http://dfg.ca.gov/about/hunting/

5shot
07-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Limit on rounds is only for shotguns. For rifles, as long as it is a CA legal rifle/mag, you are good to go.
Shooting times on coyotes is 24/7/365
Shooting times on big game animals is listed in the dfg regs. Dowload them or pick up a booklet from Turners etc.
http://dfg.ca.gov/about/hunting/

Actually, the state (and San Bernardino Co) have a boundary for areas that allow night hunting.

Helpful_Cub
07-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Also keep in mind you'll need to show proof that you did the state mandated hunter training classes. It should cover a lot of the regs as you fight to stay awake.

geewizz
07-19-2010, 1:55 PM
There is just too much info to post here you can get it all on line @ dfg.gov or dept of fish and game ???? or most gun and sporting goods stores have the books. Where are you located?

Orange county