PDA

View Full Version : Rear detent spring replacement (for CA AR)

antarius
04-17-2006, 12:22 PM
I broke the rear "detent spring" or whatever it's called. The spring that the stock holds in place... the one that pushes the detent into the rear take down pin...

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thanks!

tpliquid1
04-17-2006, 12:26 PM
www.rockerriverarms.com they sell replacement, but shipping cost more than the part lol!

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=AR0172CB&storeid=1&image=lwrpts.gif&CFID=13125352&CFTOKEN=78511754

antarius
04-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Thanks. I freaking broke the thing first, then lost it, go figure.

Henry47
04-17-2006, 12:57 PM
if you're in the south bay, I believe a couple shops carry them. There's another thread around here where someone lost a few parts and the gracious members of calguns offered replacements for free. I'm sure if you can track down the members who offered and give them $1 or $2, they'll send you a replacement

shootm
04-17-2006, 1:00 PM
I broke the rear "detent spring" or whatever it's called. The spring that the stock holds in place... the one that pushes the detent into the rear take down pin...

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement?

Thanks!

PM me your address and I will send one to you, "on the house". ;)

Henry47
04-17-2006, 1:06 PM

it's this type of behavior that makes calguns such a great place

xrMike
04-18-2006, 11:00 AM
it's this type of behavior that makes calguns such a great placeHeck yeah, that guy Place50 (?) or Hawke (?) who was selling the locking mag catch button just sent me FOUR freaking extra allen wrenches after I asked him simply: "What size are they? I want to pick up one or two extras at the hardware store, in case I lose the one you sent me... ".

He promptly sent me his extras out free in the mail.

Great community here. I owe somebody something now.

slo5oh
04-18-2006, 11:34 AM

Where can a guy buy a "backup" stock of all the little parts commonly lost, broken or "shot myself in the eye and I can't see where it went" parts?

xrMike
04-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Where can a guy buy a "backup" stock of all the little parts commonly lost, broken or "shot myself in the eye and I can't see where it went" parts?Order the RRA "oh shoot" extra parts kit from 10% Firearms. It has extras for everything you might lose -- detent pins, the different springs, plus a bunch of other stuff I don't even know WHERE it goes in the upper, since I bought mine already assembled...

I think the kit was either $13 or $18, don't remember. Pretty cheap, when the alternative is driving to a gun shop (if you're lucky to have one near that has stuff like that), or waiting several days for a $2 part to come in the mail...

PIRATE14
04-18-2006, 1:56 PM
Order the RRA "oh shoot" extra parts kit from 10% Firearms. It has extras for everything you might lose -- detent pins, the different springs, plus a bunch of other stuff I don't even know WHERE it goes in the upper, since I bought mine already assembled...

I think the kit was either $13 or $18, don't remember. Pretty cheap, when the alternative is driving to a gun shop (if you're lucky to have one near that has stuff like that), or waiting several days for a $2 part to come in the mail...

Good idea...STAG, RRA, and Armalite make field repair kits......myself if I lose a part....I just grab another rifle:D