PDA

View Full Version : Federal XM9R01 9mm Ammo

Jimmy310
07-17-2010, 12:43 PM
I bought 300 rounds of this for 70 bucks and was wondering if anybody uses this and can share an opinion.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd_images/bgprod/AMM-457.jpg

OneSevenDeuce
07-17-2010, 3:09 PM
Opinion of what?

bsg
07-17-2010, 6:16 PM
i have not used your ammo but found several discussions on the internet in forums from google search; i just ran up the info on the side of your box and several options appeared. from what i read... the ammo may have been made for government use in the UK or even for LAPD and was ultimately rejected and packaged for the general public as a practice round. do search this on the internet.

Jimmy310
07-17-2010, 8:34 PM
Opinion of what?

Shooting/using this ammo.

OneSevenDeuce
07-17-2010, 8:36 PM
Shooting/using this ammo.

Shooting and using it for what? I'm not trying to be difficult, but it really is a very general question. Are you concerned about reliability? Accuracy? Home defense? What gun are you planning on shooting it from? I'm not an expert on this ammunition, but I can tell you that there are a lot of questions you would have to have answered before someone can give you a good answer.

Katana
07-17-2010, 8:51 PM
Seems like it would be good for small game hunting and varmint control out of a 9mm carbine.

Flouncer
07-17-2010, 8:53 PM
It's $0.23/round.

SPE
07-17-2010, 8:55 PM
I bought 500 rounds from RMAmmo a while ago (very cheap).

My biggest complaint is that it smells horrible when you shoot it. It's like a burning plastic smell--toxic smelling.

Because of that I don't use it at the indoor range, and haven't had a chance to use it up at an outdoor range. I won't be buying it again, even if it is cheap.

From what I have read, the 95 grain rounds are rejected law enforcement inventory. I read that the 95 grain JSP bullet didn't perform well, so some LE agency / agencies stopped using it, hence the low price.

I just use it for plinking. I won't be using it for HD. I bought Gold Dot for HD.

Jimmy310
07-18-2010, 4:23 AM
Shooting and using it for what? I'm not trying to be difficult, but it really is a very general question. Are you concerned about reliability? Accuracy? Home defense? What gun are you planning on shooting it from? I'm not an expert on this ammunition, but I can tell you that there are a lot of questions you would have to have answered before someone can give you a good answer.
:rolleyes:

1144-Rob
07-18-2010, 4:48 AM
where did you get it? I want some!

OneSevenDeuce
07-18-2010, 9:42 AM
:rolleyes:

This is why you haven't gotten very many responses.

Jimmy310
07-18-2010, 12:53 PM
where did you get it? I want some!

I got it from another calgunner. Cheaper than Dirt sells it for $12.69 a box.

This is why you haven't gotten very many responses.

I wasn't asking a hard question. I bought some cheap ammo and i wanted to know what peoples experiences were like using it. Since i posted this in the handgun section i'd think most people would cover the bases when giving a short review on this ammo. For example, reliability, accuracy, recoil, velocity, etc.

You said you weren't a expert, but you must have tried it? Tell me what you think i should know.

OneSevenDeuce
07-18-2010, 12:56 PM
I wasn't asking a hard question. I bought some cheap ammo and i wanted to know what peoples experiences were like using it. Since i posted this in the handgun section i'd think most people would cover the bases when giving a short review on this ammo. For example, reliability, accuracy, recoil, velocity, etc.

You said you weren't a expert, but you must have tried it? Tell me what you think i should know.

You weren't really asking any question at all. With the people that come around asking what is the "best" ammo for this or that surely you can understand how vague you are being. Especially when you said you were going to use your ammo for "shooting/using". What else would you use it for? Eating?

Based on the type of question you asked my review is this...

"It fires."

Jimmy310
07-18-2010, 1:12 PM
You weren't really asking any question at all. With the people that come around asking what is the "best" ammo for this or that surely you can understand how vague you are being. Especially when you said you were going to use your ammo for "shooting/using". What else would you use it for? Eating?

Based on the type of question you asked my review is this...

"It fires."

"It fires." That will be good when i take this ammo with me along with my Smith and Wesson M&P and Sig P226 9mm pistols to the range.

Maybe i am being a little vague, but those details are implied. The other posters in this thread gave me better insight than you did and you obviously used this ammo before.

OneSevenDeuce
07-18-2010, 1:15 PM
"It fires." That will be good when i take this ammo with me along with my Smith and Wesson M&P and Sig P226 9mm pistols to the range.

Maybe i am being a little vague, but those details are implied. The other posters in this thread gave me better insight than you did and you obviously used this ammo before.

You only got one good reply. The rest was us bantering back and forth, and others saying they wanted to try it too. Implication means nothing to me. Ask what you want to know and I will respond in kind. No ill will toward you, but it's simple predicate logic. Good info in = good info out. Bad info in = bad info out.

Jimmy310
07-18-2010, 1:25 PM
You only got one good reply. The rest was us bantering back and forth, and others saying they wanted to try it too. Implication means nothing to me. Ask what you want to know and I will respond in kind. No ill will toward you, but it's simple predicate logic. Good info in = good info out. Bad info in = bad info out.

:cheers2: