PDA

View Full Version : SPF- Bulgarian AK74 KIT - Cerakoted/Stock Refinished/Original Military Barrel!!!

Rapidblast
07-16-2010, 10:39 PM
For Sale – Bulgarian AK74 (Circle 10 Manufacturer) which will be DEMILLED into a Build Kit at the time of payment/sale.

5.45X39mm Caliber
ORIGINAL Hammer Forged, Chrome Lined, Bulgarian Military Barrel.
ALL numbers match!!!
Kit was purchased new in box/ unfired condition!!!
ENTIRE kit finished with CERAKOTE bake-on finish ($200 Value in itself)!!!
Stocks/Handguards refinished to piano grade finish,pics do NOT do it justice!!!

NEWBIES to the AK Platform & building AK's - This is a pristine kit that is perfect for a newbie builder to cut his teeth on! You can rest assured that after your trouble -free build you will have a 100% reliable, tack-driving AK.

OK – a little about what sets this Bulgy 74 kit apart from the others...

First, this kit started it's life by being assembled in Bulgaria as a Military AK74. It spent it's time in Bulgaria UNFIRED - and then it was demilled and sent to the US.

The dealer that I bought it from allowed me to spend 2 hours in his shop, picking through approximately 30 boxes of kits to find one that was new & unfired. As a plus, I was also allowed to pick through various stock/handsets until I found wood that met my requirements. My cost for that service was a case of (cold) Anchor Steam, a pack of Marlboro Reds in a hard pack, and a roast beef deli sandwich. That was on top of the purchase price ;-)

Simply put, you cannot find a kit like this any more, they've dried up and when you do find them they have a VIRGIN US Mfg barrel (a BIG pain in the nuts for a 1st build to say the least)....

I'm a perfectionist and I built this kit over the course of two CalGuns build parties. I took my time, asked a lot of questions, looked at a lot of other builds/techniques, and most important properly demilled it on a SOLID drill press, so there are no “egged” rivet holes on the stock & barrel trunnions.

The Barrel is ORIGINAL, Hammer-Forged, Chrome Lined, Bulgarian Military Barrel. As a plus – this kit's barrel was very unique because it's equipped from the factory with a rare “Zig-Zag” type Muzzle Brake. The brake is so efficient that the resulting “recoil” on the rifle is like that on a Ruger 10/22 – Really!!!!

The Stock & Handguards were degreased 6 times times and the few small dents in them were then steam lifted and sanded. Then the assemblies were stained with 4 coats of Minwax Red Mahogany #225 Stain, and 8 coats of Minwax Clear/Semi-Gloss Polyurethane. The Polyurethane was polished with 0000steel wool in between each coat. The resulting finish is clear and deep like a Steinway piano finish. I put approximately 26 hours into the stock alone and pictures just don't do it justice. You have to see it and stroke it to believe it.

I built the kit on an AK Builder Flat – and experienced no problems whatsoever – everything folded up and fit like a glove the first time – very satisfying! Took it to the shooting range, fired 200 rds of ammo, and she's a tackdriver – 2” -3” group at 100 yards w/ iron sights ;-)

I knew from reading internet reviews that the Bulgarian AK74 factory finish is a very thin paint that wears off pretty easily over a short amount of time. Now I own a Cerakote business, and thus final finished the kit with Two-Part Cerakote Graphite Black H-146: http://www.nicindustries.com/images/techsheets/Microsoft%20Word%20-%20H-146%20Graphite%20Black%2018-to-1%20Product%20Data.pdf
This aerospace type finish comes in two-parts that are mixed immediately prior to spraying – epoxy and ceramic - and then baked on for 2 hours at 250 degrees. The result is a finish that is not only beautiful but also as tough as Ceramic Tiles.

NOTE: This AK74 will be DEMILLED into a Build Kit at the time of payment/sale.

The price of the demilled kit is $430 FTF (within Walnut Creek area) or $450 SHIPPED w/ Delivery Confirmation. If you want insurance it's on you.

The ONLY reason I'm selling this it to fund another Build Project for an upcoming CG Build Party – so I'm NOT looking for any trades - just cash!!!

Payment: Discreet PayPal

PM Me if you have any questions!

glbtrottr
07-17-2010, 10:12 AM
ill take it per our exchange...