PDA

View Full Version : Good Holsters for CZ 75-sp01 and P-01?

Ultraboy
07-16-2010, 6:06 PM
Hello Fellow Calgunners:

I know that this thread might be a repeat somewhere, but I'm looking for a holsters for both the CZ-SP01 (have already) and P-01 (next one to get).

What would you fellows gunners recommend? Brands? Plastic vs. Leather?

Hoping to get 1 holsters that would fit these 2 pistols.

Any feedback is deeply appreciated.

Thanks !!

Spdjunkie
07-16-2010, 6:17 PM
Intended App. for each? Carry/Comp?

Ultraboy
07-16-2010, 7:47 PM
Randy:

Mostly for carry, since most places doesn't allow concealment anymore here in the San Francisco Bay Area. By the way, REALLY REALLY love your work on the rifles.

Spdjunkie
07-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Hey "Ultraboy",

Im not Randy Cain, aka "HateCA", of R&D Precision. I do AGREE Randy builds one heck of a lazer/rifle.

I'd try contacting:
- Raven Concealment Systems for their Phantom line of Kydex
- For Leather: Milt Sparks or TT Gunleather may have a leather offering.

Will post if I come across anything.

Have a great one

Ultraboy
07-17-2010, 4:38 PM
Spdjunkie:

Sorry for the mix-up and clarification. Appreciate your suggestions for the holsters. Will google it and see what they offer. Don't understand why California have crazy gun laws as compared to other states. They all get jitters when they see normal citizen open carry their pistols and also the stupid 10rds mag limit.

Thanks again...

JJE
07-17-2010, 6:58 PM
The P01 is very similar in shape to the Glock 19, both of which I own. The P01 fits perfectly in my Don Hume H710 leather belt slide, fits (not quite perfectly, but securely) in a Blade-Tech Kydex holster, but DOES NOT fit in the inexpensive Glock belt holster, all of which are for a G19.

I suspect the P01 will fit most leather G19 holsters, and may fit OK in a lot of Kydex G19 holsters.

Ultraboy
07-19-2010, 8:19 AM
Julian,

Thanks for your recommendations, will check them out and see..what you think of Forbus holsters? Galico? Uncle Mikes? just thought of asking..I don't see much holsters to try on in my area (Foster City, CA)...Mostly rely on reviews and recommendations from fellow Calgunners..

JJE
07-19-2010, 5:06 PM
I've never used Fobus products. I have several Galco's for other guns, and I think they are good designs and good quality. I've also had several Uncle Mike's for other guns and they were all OK quality.

Like a lot of people, I have a bunch of OK holsters that I never use. If I'd "bitten the bullet" and spent a bit more money up front for a premium leather or Kydex holster, I would have spent less money in the end.