PDA

View Full Version : NOOB question

send it_hit
07-16-2010, 5:10 PM
If I don't ask... I'll never know...

Why do people often post pics of their firearms that are for sale with a sharpie or other object through the front of the trigger guard?

I am befuddled...

Big Jake
07-16-2010, 5:19 PM
If I don't ask... I'll never know...

Why do people often post pics of their firearms that are for sale with a sharpie or other object through the front of the trigger guard?

I am befuddled...

This allows the firearm to be shown in three dimensions so it does not lie flat in the pic. Many gun stores do this with small wooden pegs with hand guns that are in the display case to give that effect!

send it_hit
07-16-2010, 5:31 PM
ahhhhh! makes sense... thanks so much, my brain can rest now.

leelaw
07-16-2010, 5:31 PM
Aesthetics of the picture only.

joelogic
07-16-2010, 6:53 PM
This question comes up often.

As a side note, why do people always include their feet in photos?

77bawls
07-16-2010, 6:55 PM
IMHO they should put their user name and date on a piece of paper in the picture, that way it proves it's in their possession.

slik556
07-16-2010, 8:11 PM
As a side note, why do people always include their feet in photos[/B]?

This is a test program for the soon to be intorduced law of toenail printing that will be required upon completing DROS. But only in Kali.:D

CaliforniaLiberal
07-17-2010, 2:15 AM
After many years of photographing guns all the good photographers noticed how much nicer the guns look tilted at an angle. Something about the light bringing out all the details.

And if you use a shotgun shell or a .50BMG round so much the cooler.

As for all the toes in pictures of guns photographed on the floor....

I think they have some unusual sexual toe exhibitionist thing going on. Otherwise they would at least put on a pair of socks or something.

VegasND
07-17-2010, 7:36 AM
This is a test program for the soon to be intorduced law of toenail printing that will be required upon completing DROS. But only in Kali.:D
Like I needed another reason to not move back!

LOL

9mmepiphany
07-17-2010, 9:26 AM

because if you don't, you'll have to prop it up on something...which becomes distracting
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n79/9mmepiphany/DSC_0850.jpg

unless you have a moldable mystery background like this
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n79/9mmepiphany/DSC_1677.jpg