PDA

View Full Version : Robinson Arms XCR

snacks
04-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Does anyone know if we can acquire this here in california. If we can does anyone know of an FFl willing to do the transfer. Thanks

shopkeep
04-16-2006, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know if we can acquire this here in california. If we can does anyone know of an FFl willing to do the transfer. Thanks

As long as there are no evil features the XCR is lawful for purchase. Most off-list FFLs that do AKs will probably do the XCR for you.

dawson8r
04-16-2006, 10:27 PM
I picked up an M96 about 2 years ago. Bought it from a Cali FFL without the pistol grip (Rob Arms shipped it to him without the grip). I've had a long scope rail for the M96 on order for a year now. No further work being done on the M96 while they are ramping production of the XCR.

I'd love to have an XCR as well. Got to play with one at the SAR show last December. Let me know if you find an FFL that'll txfer it. I'll try to contact the dealer that sold me the M96 to see about ordering.

C.G.
04-16-2006, 11:02 PM

How long are you willing to stay on backorder?

50 Freak
04-16-2006, 11:39 PM
I don't know about RobArms. I was interested in the XCR. But seeing how they dropped the M96 and how they are so unresponsive about their Veprs. Makes me wonder about the company.

I'll pass or wait a few years.

C.G.
04-16-2006, 11:54 PM
I don't know about RobArms. I was interested in the XCR. But seeing how they dropped the M96 and how they are so unresponsive about their Veprs. Makes me wonder about the company.

I'll pass or wait a few years.

Exactly. I guess they finally started shipping them, but there is a very long backorder list.

Muzz
04-17-2006, 1:03 AM
There was one little blurb on the RobArms website in late '04 about a "California version in the works." I assume that meant w/o pistol grip like the M96 were shipped. I like my M96 but is a brick heavier than an AR. RobArms is going to have to go a long way to get my business again.

snacks
04-17-2006, 1:46 AM
i guess with the backorder list, it would be more than likely that the ban list would be out before i could get an xcr

shopkeep
04-17-2006, 1:43 PM
Because there is no public outcry there is little chance the DOJ will bother with Category I updates. They're just gonna list the AK/AR rifles we brought it and that will be the end of the story.

They gotta save something for later in case the legislature or DOJ tries to reduce the budget of the Firearms division. A little, "Just look at all these other Assault Weapons we found, good thing you're not going to reduce our budget isn't it?".

Assault Weapons are merely going to become a political tool for the DOJ to continue to justify higher budgets and more personnel. Pretty typical of pork barrel government.