View Full Version : This buck thinks he's safe hidding under my house!

07-16-2010, 10:05 AM
Well the shed next to my house. He shows up from time to time when it's hot. He was still hanging with his mom and brother last year.

07-16-2010, 10:09 AM
I saw him attack you. You shot him in self defense.

07-16-2010, 11:39 AM
looks tasty...... are you in d16? if so, i'll take care of him for you :)

07-16-2010, 11:49 AM

07-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Looks like an easy bow kill and venison for dinner.

07-16-2010, 12:00 PM
About a month to bow season, but there are lots of bigger bucks around.

07-16-2010, 12:03 PM
Must be nice. We only get forkies down this way.

07-16-2010, 12:28 PM
Charge him rent

07-16-2010, 5:16 PM
You seeing some big bucks up that way? With the late rains it was still green in B1 in late june. Should be a really good year for antler growth.

07-16-2010, 5:29 PM
Go hunt a different buck. Leave that one alone. He is your SHTF back-up food.

07-16-2010, 7:03 PM
Yep, we have been seeing lots of big bucks this year.
5 or 6 20"+ 3 and 4 points within 1/2 mile of my house. But that's why I bought the place. I always fill my tags.
The buck in my tag line hung around for several years, we never did try hunting him. I saw glimpses of him for a couple years after he moved out of the yard because of a new dog.

Everyone up here hates the cattle rancher (6000 acres) down the road. He has an overzealous game warden in his pocket. I never trespass, there is no need to, I have 50 acres surrounded by thousands of acres of timber land. This rancher and his warden buddy have leased up (or claimed to) a lot of the timber land, and they have talked the timber company into locking up much more. If you shoot anywhere in the area you will be hassled, and they will ticket you for anything. Like not having a green sticker on your bike. I've been ticketed twice and I beat it both times. I filed a complaint on the warden last time as he jumped my fence and trespassed. In his report he said my gate was wide open and he drove in. Guess what I have a camera on that gate.

The rancher is no rancher. He's a rich f wad from the city who owns 22 shopping centers. He bought the ranch just for a playground, and wants to keep everyone far away. I like the idea that no one get on his ranch. It's a breeding ground for big bucks and the extra deer make their way to my place.
Anyway his cows are marked as my SHTF back-up food. Along with all the catfish in my ponds.

07-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Very nice picture .I would leave him be it's so cool to have a local buck hang out around the house.

I always thought a warden had a right to trespass but I was told the only way they can come in if they are sure a law is being broken.

I had 2 harass me on our family farm a few years ago for shooting squirrels damaging our alfalfa fields.:chris:

Big Jake
07-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Put him to work clearing your yard of unwanted foliage and then dress him up as a prostitute and pimp him out to PETA! :eek:

07-17-2010, 6:15 PM
Charge him rent

Why am I feeling he's like a pet? Damn I going soft.

Shoo him away and then shoot him.