PDA

View Full Version : 30 day wait between shotgun and handgun?

Ventura_Yak'r
07-16-2010, 6:32 AM
Picking up a shotgun that I had ordered from a local dealer next week. I've got a handgun that will be ready next week too from another dealer (neither in LA city nor county). Will I have to wait 30 days between the two?

Thanks in advance!

littlejake
07-16-2010, 6:41 AM
Picking up a shotgun that I had ordered from a local dealer next week. I've got a handgun that will be ready next week too from another dealer (neither in LA city nor county). Will I have to wait 30 days between the two?

Thanks in advance!

No. 1 in 30 applies to handguns only. Longgun DROS does not count.

ROTC sniper
07-16-2010, 7:03 AM
You can buy as many rifles at one time as you want, just as long as it doesn't look like you're going to be dealing / acting as a dealer to the DOJ (for example buying 10 rifles of the same type at one time).

reidnez
07-16-2010, 8:24 AM
You can buy as many rifles at one time as you want, just as long as it doesn't look like you're going to be dealing / acting as a dealer to the DOJ (for example buying 10 rifles of the same type at one time).

Dealing in firearms would require that you also be selling them. There's nothing wrong with buying 10 rifles of the same type at one time. If you turn around and sell 8 of them that same month, you may be in trouble. What constitutes "dealing in firearms" has never been defined, it's a moving target. But it would definitely require buying AND selling.

littlejake
07-16-2010, 9:13 AM
Dealing in firearms would require that you also be selling them. There's nothing wrong with buying 10 rifles of the same type at one time. If you turn around and sell 8 of them that same month, you may be in trouble. What constitutes "dealing in firearms" has never been defined, it's a moving target. But it would definitely require buying AND selling.

^ +1
They are looking for patterns of buying AND selling that indicate a person might be acting as an unlicensed dealer.

I've had several multiple handgun purchase forms filed on me in the last year -- and I'm not worried as I still have what I bought. I purchased to keep; not to sell.