PDA

View Full Version : BLM or Other places to shoot.

wangankin
04-16-2006, 2:48 PM
Does anyone have any coordinates of exactly where itís legal to shoot at? In the Barstow area or anywhere else around southern California? BLM or other open desert places?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Boomer1961
04-16-2006, 11:10 PM
:D Does anyone have any coordinates of exactly where itís legal to shoot at? In the Barstow area or anywhere else around southern California? BLM or other open desert places?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Dang, I use to drive the that way now and again, I thought that area was so underpopulated, and even pulled over and out of the way a few times and did a some target shooting.

I would have never thought someone from Barstow would ask for a safe place to shoot, but then again it is in the PRK, and even in the czarist Russia they tracked crimes in Siberia!......YIKES!

GOOD LUCK MY SHOOTIST FRIEND!

Oldtimer
04-17-2006, 5:41 AM
BLM is probably your best bet, but take a look at these web sites:

www.socalcamping.com/shooting/shoot_info.html
www.desertsusa.com/placestogo/du_california.html

Do a search for "BLM - Barstow office" and "BLM - Palm Springs office". The vastness of the Mojave Desert is OURS to enjoy, and that includes shooting! Just don't shoot at desert tortoises, eagles or hawks, foxes, and haul your trash out when you're done!

metalhead357
04-17-2006, 5:43 AM
http://www.wheretoshoot.org for indoor/outdoor

For BLM- visit thier website and find the appropriate region(s)- Be aware that AW shooting is once again legal IN SOME AREAS although some areas still specifically disallow it......
http://www.50bmgstore.com/50/CAIM2003-049.pdf

Most FS land (Forest Service) is also open to shoot- Check thier website for SPECIFIC spots and specific regs for areas

glen avon
04-17-2006, 7:36 AM
There is a large shotgun-only zone in sbdoo co., be advised.

ZapThyCat
04-22-2006, 4:49 AM
Can't you go shooting on forest service land? State forests and such? I would think there'd be tons of land around Barstow....

glen avon
04-22-2006, 12:44 PM
barstow and forest have nothing to do with each other....

ridingonfumes
04-26-2006, 12:40 AM
the way i understood it was that its ok to open carry and shoot in a national forest as long as you are at least 150 years from a campground

but you cant open carry in a national park or national monument unless its a rifle and you are on horseback.

im not sure about blm land

metalhead357
04-26-2006, 1:57 AM
the way i understood it was that its ok to open carry and shoot in a national forest as long as you are at least 150 years from a campground

but you cant open carry in a national park or national monument unless its a rifle and you are on horseback.

Not quite what I've read on them signs there! NO FIREARMS in National Parks or Monuments (period) never heard ANY exception- not on horseback, not ccw, no such thing as hunting there usually........

The "150" thing is pretty much ANYWHERE in Cali and elsewhere- need to be at least that from any occupied dwelling, which some peeps have made mention could then even be intrepreted as a trailer if'n you've been sleeping in it;)

BLM is much like national FS land just with more defined boundaries and a heck of a lot more rules, also BLM tend to have land tracks that one could *somehow* legally shoot on if'n you could GETTTTTTT to the land as sometimes its completely 'landlocked' by adjacent properties without any readily available access to/through/by them~ check out thier maps at thier filed offices AND HAVE THEM UPDATED BY A FILED AGENT before you leave--- a lot of land swaps occur and the map MAY say one thing when in reality that land now might belong to BLM...or the other way around and what was legal now is not without the owners permission

big jon
04-26-2006, 3:40 PM
I use to shoot at calico? i think you still can