PDA

View Full Version : Can I Use 15 Round Magazine

glock1973
07-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I've had this 15 Rd. for about a decade now...can we still use them. So far I've been using it for home protection, but this weekend I might take it outdoor. I don't want to get in any trouble with park rangers.

Librarian
07-15-2010, 11:17 PM
Yes, you can use large-capacity magazines in your handguns.

See the Wiki FAQ on Magazines (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/FAQ#Magazine_Questions)

Oldnoob
07-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Yes. It is totally legal to own/use "Standard" (10rd+) magazine.

Gundam
07-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Anyone have issues where rangemasters bugging you about hi caps? I have 2 hi caps for my XD that were legally purchased when I was in LE. I think I'll just play it safe and leave them at home for HD

billped
07-16-2010, 10:57 AM
No one will care.

Bill

djleisure
07-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Anyone have issues where rangemasters bugging you about hi caps? I have 2 hi caps for my XD that were legally purchased when I was in LE. I think I'll just play it safe and leave them at home for HD

It is not illegal to possess hi-cap mags and it is nobody's business how you acquired them. Use them all you want, wherever you want.

diego-ted
07-16-2010, 12:01 PM
It is not illegal to possess hi-cap mags and it is nobody's business how you acquired them. Use them all you want, wherever you want.

So when does the Law come into play. I always wondered why no just get someone to ship you hi cap mags from a state where they are legal?

thx Ted

NiteQwill
07-16-2010, 12:04 PM
Ted:
Because importation is illegal.

tbhracing
07-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I only use my 10 rounders for practice or range. But have fun either way.

diego-ted
07-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Ted:
Because importation is illegal.

I agree, but once it's here whose to say or how to vaidate origin? I am not being a wise guy, I am just very new to the hobby.

Ted

NiteQwill
07-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Because as a law abiding citizen with firearms, you should be following the law.

Librarian
07-16-2010, 1:07 PM
I agree, but once it's here whose to say or how to vaidate origin? I am not being a wise guy, I am just very new to the hobby.

Ted

Because as a law abiding citizen with firearms, you should be following the law.

Which brings up the meta-discussion about CalGuns.

We're visible here - DOJ and other LE read the forums regularly. Anti-gun activists read the forums. General public reads. All in all, we have to be, like Caesar's wife, 'above suspicion'.

While there is broad agreement that the gun laws in CA are poorly crafted and we try to work to change them, until they ARE changed we must not advocate illegal acts.

This is especially important in the light of one thread of argument (not necessarily at CalGuns, but in the wider arena) where pro-gunners have been arguing that no new laws are needed but enforcement of existing laws will do everything such proposed new laws might do. That argument usually doesn't overtly include "and more than half the existing laws could go away with no loss of effectiveness", but it should!