PDA

View Full Version : Anybody order from http://www.red-dot-scopes.com/?

windrider
07-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Are they a reputable dealer? Their website seem legit. Great deals on acog's by the way.

GMG
07-18-2010, 4:49 PM
Never delt with them,but like you say great prices! If they have them in stock.

Don't see any bad vibes on the internet.

As long as you use a credit card and things go bad you have help.:43:

HumanBeingExpert
09-08-2010, 7:58 PM
^ That is some good info rt there!

FFShooter23
09-08-2010, 11:33 PM
Just ordered from them few weeks ago. No problems encountered. Got my scope 2 days later and it said 5-7 day shipping.

Red-Dot-Scopes
09-09-2010, 1:52 PM
Hi,

Someone gave us a heads up about this thread so we just wanted to clarify a few misconceptions here.

1. We don't publish our address or PO BOX online for a variety of reasons. We run a small office by Chicago, IL and have no interest in people coming by to visit us or send us random scope parts, or send us returns without RMAs or be bombarded by tons of junk mail. All of which has happened repeatedly before when we used to publish our PO BOX on the site. Another reason is that we enjoy our privacy like any other individual. If you have a legitimate need to know our address, call us and we'll provide it over the phone - that will never be a problem.

2. The PO BOX provided earlier in the thread, PO BOX 61359 is actually used for dozens and dozens of scam sites, take a look for yourself. We were just as surprised: http://www.google.com/search?q=PO+Box+61359&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_en___US361

Anything from cell phone companies, to UK deal sites, to camera sites.

The reason for that is that we host and privatize our site through Yahoo and our store is built on the Yahoo Shopping platform. Given that there are hundreds of thousands of online businesses that use the same platform, they all receive the same PO BOX given to them when they register the site through Yahoo. The physical address also lists us as being in Sunnyvale, CA. The actual entity that is in Sunnyvale, CA is Yahoo, Inc. and the PO BOX actually belongs to Yahoo. http://yhoo.client.shareholder.com/press/address.cfm

3. Finally, the folks at AR15.com are certainly happy with us: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=502083 We offer genuine product, at good prices.

As for FFShooter23, we appreciate your business and your trust. Send us an email next time you order and we'll knock off another 10% off the order, even if we lose money on it.

As for the folks that are slandering us, please do your homework better next time. We are people with homes and families and don't appreciate our livelihoods being dragged through the mud based on the 5 minutes of research you did on whois.net.

EDIT: Moderators, thank you for deleting the defamatory post.

ArkinDomino
09-09-2010, 4:37 PM
Well played.

6172crew
09-09-2010, 5:21 PM
PC if you have an issue with this company why don't you bring it to the owner of the forums attention?

I deleted your post because it isn't needed at this time. If you have a problem with what I did you can pm kestryll about. Let it go.

problemchild
09-09-2010, 5:26 PM
PC if you have an issue with this company why don't you bring it to the owner of the forums attention?

I deleted your post because it isn't needed at this time. If you have a problem with what I did you can pm kestryll about. Let it go.

You guys do a lot of censoring on this forum. The vendor gets to tell one side and the other side gets deleted.

I see where your going with this.

Wherryj
09-15-2010, 4:14 PM
If you need a review of a vendor, try resellerratings.com. They don't have EVERY company, but they do have thousands rated by customers. They also do a very good job at removing fake posts from vendors.

You only need to read the reviews with an eye towards "is this a complainer who's never happy" or a real issue.

For what it's worth, that company has a 10/10 on 4 ratings. http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Red_Dot_Scopes

Even for the best companies like Onecall.com (electronics) it is difficult to get a 10.

HumanBeingExpert
09-15-2010, 8:20 PM
I have traded several emails with Alex at RDS.com and they seem very legit to me. GL

Martan
09-21-2010, 10:45 PM
I have to say I have 100% positive experience. My scope arrived in less than 24 hours !!! and I'm in Bay area. The price was the best available online, impossible to find a better deal on the scope I ordered. The scope is 100% genuine factory packaged piece. No scam.
Communication with these guys is very good, fast responses and willingness to help.

justingand
01-15-2013, 10:29 PM
I placed an order with these guys. No order status, no response to multiple emails, no response to phone messages. I doubt I will get my order, but even if I do I would not recommend.

SLO1911Fan
01-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Our order volumes have increased dramatically and we are flooded with orders. We are processing and shipping orders as fast as we can. Shipments are behind roughly 14 days. If you need to contact us, we urge you to email us at Sales@Red-Dot-Scopes.com rather than calling us, as our phone lines are currently overwhelmed. We are trying to answer everyone as quickly as we can. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience and delays.

Really? I'm pretty sure they just explained things.

negolien
01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Mods do a fine job on the boards imho. I have had issues with a store and was able to leave my constructive criticism with no issues.

jakejake527
01-23-2013, 10:49 PM
I emailed them regarding an issue 4 days ago and I still have not received a response :(

LBDamned
01-24-2013, 9:58 PM
I've purchased three times with red-dot-scopes.com - Highly recommend!

Last order (recent) did take a little longer than previous - but that's happening with every single gun related merchant these days.

I had a small issue with Fastfire III (most recent purchase), it was handled 100% satisfactorily - communication was a bit delayed but was explained as due to heavy volume (completely understandable).

This vendor is 100% legit and GTG - with very competitive pricing. Order with confidence, just have patience (as with all vendors these days).