F-2_Challenger
07-15-2010, 10:14 AM
Title says it all. Seems good now.

bigmike82
07-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Mine looks pretty decent too.

JDay
07-15-2010, 2:16 PM
Droid X Self Destructs if you mod it. (http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/07/14/droid-x-actually-self-destructs-if-you-try-to-mod-it/)

Bad move on Motorola's part.

leelaw
07-15-2010, 2:19 PM
Agreed, encryption the root was a bad move for someone building an android based phone. It's like at&t and their android phones.

F-2_Challenger
07-15-2010, 3:18 PM
Well I donít have to Tim the tool man everything.

FreedomIsNotFree
07-15-2010, 5:04 PM
The Droid X will not self destruct or brick itself if you attempt to hack the bootloader. Both the Moto Droid and the Incredible have eFuse and those devices aren't getting bricked. Look at the latest updates on the subject. Those that are familiar with eFuse and how it works are not too concerned. Yes, its going to be much harder to gain root access, but it wont brick your device.

TonyM
07-15-2010, 5:11 PM
The Droid X will not self destruct or brick itself if you attempt to hack the bootloader. Both the Moto Droid and the Incredible have eFuse and those devices aren't getting bricked. Look at the latest updates on the subject. Those that are familiar with eFuse and how it works are not too concerned. Yes, its going to be much harder to gain root access, but it wont brick your device.

Yes, eFuse is nothing new, that part is nothing to worry about.

However, the bootloader is another thing all-together. This one is like the Milestone (GSM Droid) We will probably see root access in the near future, but this will prevent you from updating the rom or kernel.

That's a deal breaker for me. I feel this device may be like the older devices with a custom UI on it, lagging MONTHS before an official OS update comes along, if ever (see Dream/G1 stuck officially with Android 1.6). Kinda goes against the open handset alliance mentality to me.

Fantasma
07-16-2010, 9:17 AM
Inc pawns the X...

:p

Juice5610
07-16-2010, 9:59 AM
Heres mine pics taken from an iphone :eek: