PDA

View Full Version : Chinese AR off-list lowers

dhl
04-15-2006, 7:20 PM
They make everything else. Just think if there wasn't a ban on them.

ohsmily
04-15-2006, 8:27 PM

Like which ones?

EBWhite
04-15-2006, 8:28 PM
WE should ban all the other junk they send us

Henry47
04-15-2006, 8:29 PM

but then what would wal-mart shoppers buy?

rollyourown
04-15-2006, 8:46 PM

Norinco already does....Canadians have them, we don't. Thanks Clinton.

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/1500/1560.htm

PanzerAce
04-15-2006, 9:11 PM
but then what would wal-mart shoppers buy?

hehe, it was my first trip to WM today, and I was only going there for the 9mm WWB (running it through a HK94 soon). So if all they sold was ammo, I would still go there. (hehe, I emptied out their selection of 9mm WWB)

Draven
04-15-2006, 9:46 PM

Says the man typing on a computer full of chinese-made semiconductors.

Probably with a chinese-made keyboard.

dhl
04-15-2006, 10:35 PM
Did you try the "Search" feature here or on the web?

Like which ones?

grammaton76
04-15-2006, 11:28 PM

Yeah, like the 12-ton hydraulic press I bought, which proudly proclaims "Made in China". Of course, what it doesn't mention is that the ram is actually about 5 to 10 DEGREES off center. If it weren't for that, I'd be completing my first AK build this weekend. I'm going to have to wait until Monday, and get the industrial metal supply company down the street to manufacture a new ram for me. Pretty simple piece; just a 1.25" cylindrical steel ram perpendicular to a steel plate... I figure I'll have them build the new one tougher than the old one, even.

ohsmily
04-15-2006, 11:31 PM
Did you try the "Search" feature here or on the web?

What smug nonsense. Any chinese lowers haven't been discussed much IF AT ALL on this site b/c they aren't available here...

Since you were the one mentioning ALL the chinese ones out there that would be available if they weren't banned, would it be so difficult to spit out a few names...(I guess you will be doing the web search now b/c you probably can't name any...besides, rollyourown provided a link to one of them). I don't have any inclination to look them up b/c they aren't available and thus irrelevant. It was idle curiosity as to what names popped up and if they were of reasonable quality...

Thanks for the tip on the search feature on this site new guy.

Hello,

Would someone please put into simple terms what is going on with the off-list lowers legally for sale now in California?

The way I understand things is this,
It is now legal to buy an off-list (Kasler?) AR type lower from legislation that was passed one year; and then it is legal to build it up with a 10-round magazine that would require a tool to remove according to legislation that was passed in another year.

Now people are talking about the DOJ adding the off-list manufacturers to the already listed lowers thereby making them illegal to buy from then on. (Personally, I think DOJ will craft something that will make who manufacturers the lowers immaterial).

After this, doe's this mean that we will legally be able to register the firearms with only using fixed 10-round magazines and one 'evil-feature' (pistol grip?)? Or can they have all the bells and whistles or a combination? (My head is spinning from all this). My intent is to follow the law and not get into trouble so that is why I am asking. My job and ability to own firearms depend on being squeeky clean legally. Plus I'm a good citizen and that mean's a lot to me.

Or, doe's this mean that the firearms would be illegal and we'll have to turn the lowers in?

I try to follow the threads but I get confused as to reality and strong talk.

Any help is appreciated.

Happy shooting!

Joe

ever heard of the search function?

xenophobe
04-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Chinese lowers? ugh...

I'd rather get a Canadian Diemaco (Canadian Colt) lower or complete gun than Chinese junk. :p

Draven
04-15-2006, 11:59 PM
Actually, it was just last year that the importation of barrels and receivers was banned. Can you say Imbel?

I think he was referring to the Clinton executive order that banned importantion of all firearms from China.

dhl
04-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Touche, my friend!

What smug nonsense. Any chinese lowers haven't been discussed much IF AT ALL on this site b/c they aren't available here...

Since you were the one mentioning ALL the chinese ones out there that would be available if they weren't banned, would it be so difficult to spit out a few names...(I guess you will be doing the web search now b/c you probably can't name any...besides, rollyourown provided a link to one of them). I don't have any inclination to look them up b/c they aren't available and thus irrelevant. It was idle curiosity as to what names popped up and if they were of reasonable quality...

Thanks for the tip on the search feature on this site new guy.

ever heard of the search function?

Pablo
04-16-2006, 12:56 AM
LOL... Common "ohsmily" don't be sore looser...:)

sac7000
04-16-2006, 6:58 AM
hehe, it was my first trip to WM today, and I was only going there for the 9mm WWB (running it through a HK94 soon). So if all they sold was ammo, I would still go there. (hehe, I emptied out their selection of 9mm WWB)

I did the same thing last week on Remingtion UMC .223 plinking ammo too. Yesterday I noticed they (WalMart) had replenished their stock levels to the point they had so many extra boxes of ammo they were storing them on the floor behind the counter. The sporting goods clerk told me that lately the sales of .223 ammo have increased dramatically, faster then any other caliber. Why do you suppose is that?

dwtt
04-16-2006, 9:04 AM
I think he was referring to the Clinton executive order that banned importantion of all firearms from China.
Ted was referring to the BATF decree 2 years ago that importation of barrels would stop.

ohsmily
04-16-2006, 10:14 AM
LOL... Common "ohsmily" don't be sore looser...:)

You mean "c'mon ohsmily don't be a sore loser". Or alternatively, "come on ohsmily, don't be a sore loser.

ohsmily
04-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Touche, my friend!

:D ;)

dhl
04-16-2006, 1:57 PM
Ohsmily, you're certainly exceptional wherever you go, but common, never!:p

You mean "c'mon ohsmily don't be a sore loser". Or alternatively, "come on ohsmily, don't be a sore loser.

Pablo
04-17-2006, 2:33 AM

Either way... you choose!:)

swerv512
04-17-2006, 5:30 AM
Originally Posted by EBWhite

Anybody know where a WalMart is around San Francsico. I need some junk...