PDA

View Full Version : Laptop repair place in San Diego / Chula Vista

Animal Mother
07-14-2010, 4:03 PM
Looking for good referances for a computer repair place in the San Diego area (prefer close to Chula Vista). The male end on my laptops power port broke off in the female end of the power cord. Any suggstions?

RandyD
07-14-2010, 7:41 PM
For the last two years, I have been using Steve Kramer. He has a store front in Ocean Beach, his phone number is 619-737-6252. A couple of months ago, my hard drive went bad. I called him at 8:00 P.M. He met me a couple of hours later at a coffee shop and the next afternoon, I had my computer back. He is not only quick but his prices are reasonable. Please tell him that Randy Dierlam referred him.

Corbin Dallas
07-15-2010, 7:18 AM
Looking for good referances for a computer repair place in the San Diego area (prefer close to Chula Vista). The male end on my laptops power port broke off in the female end of the power cord. Any suggstions?

What kind of laptop?

I'm in Linda Vista and I've been repairing HP laptops for years.

At a minimum you will need a new power socket on your mother board. I could probably fish out the broken part so you can re-use your power supply.

ChrisSF
07-15-2010, 7:44 AM
Take a pic, we can do this :)

skale240
07-15-2010, 9:38 AM
I've been repairing a laptop for someone with the same problem. If you do need a new power socket on your motherboard buy the part on ebay! I only payed $4.50. Once you receive have it soldered back on. I was calling up various shops around town and one in Clairemont, the portable source, quoted me $195.00 for the repair. I asked what if the replacement part was purchased already and the motherboard was out, just soldering they wanted $95.00.

Corbin, Do you know how to solder electronics?

Corbin Dallas
07-15-2010, 9:53 AM
I've been repairing a laptop for someone with the same problem. If you do need a new power socket on your motherboard buy the part on ebay! I only payed $4.50. Once you receive have it soldered back on. I was calling up various shops around town and one in Clairemont, the portable source, quoted me $195.00 for the repair. I asked what if the replacement part was purchased already and the motherboard was out, just soldering they wanted $95.00.

Corbin, Do you know how to solder electronics?

Yes. PM me with the laptop you have and we'll go from there.

ETA: I can tell you the reason most shops charge a LOT is for the R&R of the motherboard. Some laptops are a PITA, others come apart real easy.