View Full Version : Can a kid use more than one fishing pole?

07-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Is a child that doesn't need a fishing license because they're under the age of sixteen limited to one pole? Could I get them a second rod stamp?

07-14-2010, 11:55 AM
No stamp needed but you can only have 2 poles at certain bodies of water. your child can fish with 2 rods with no problems.

Cire 5th
07-14-2010, 11:56 AM
That is a good question. I would answer yes get a second rod stamp. Really though the second rod stamp would be for you. So you and child with three poles.

07-14-2010, 1:33 PM
thanks PCH. Got a link to the applicable regs?

I already have a second rod stamp. I want four poles in the water :D

07-14-2010, 1:39 PM
Fishing Methods and Gear Restrictions (CCR, T14, Chapter 2, Article 1)
2.00. Fishing Methods -- General.

* (a) Except as otherwise authorized, all fish may be taken only by angling with one closely attended rod and line or one hand line with not more than three hooks nor more than three artificial lures (each lure may have three hooks attached) attached thereto. Anglers in possession of a valid two-rod stamp and anglers under 16 years of age may use up to two rods in inland waters which regulations provide for the taking of fish by angling, except those waters in which only artificial lures or barbless hooks may be used. See District Trout, Salmon and Special regulations for exceptions.

07-14-2010, 1:40 PM